To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

#2 Pocket Testament League WINNERS HERE NOW!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

jodybooks
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: #2 Pocket Testament League Blog NOW OPEN! 7-7-12 DEADLIN

Postby jodybooks » Thu Jul 05, 2012 1:01 pm

Prepared

The elevator doors slid open and a lovely young woman stepped inside from the maternity floor. I opened my mouth to say hello but she turned her head to the wall and began sobbing. Her grief filled the elevator and gripped my heart.

“Can I help you in any way?” I whispered. She shook her head ‘no’ and tried to get control of herself. I reached in my purse scrounging for tissues.

“May I pray for you?” I handed her a little pack of tissues. She looked at me with red, tortured eyes and her lips parted as if to speak, but the doors slid open on the lobby floor. She bolted.
How I wished I had something to give her besides tissues. I determined I would never again be unprepared in those unexpected divine appointments to minister.

I searched and found the most amazing evangelism tools at a site called The Pocket Testament League. This well designed ministry, attractive and easy to navigate website is on the cutting edge of providing free evangelism training to anyone wanting to share Christ.

Free copies of pocket-sized gospels of John are on their way to my house right now. There were over 30 stunning cover themes to choose from. Thinking of the sad young woman in the elevator, I choose a beautiful lighthouse theme with stormy seas in the background. I will be prepared now to give something besides tissues to the people that God has cross my path. The gospels are available in English, Spanish, Italian, Japanese, and Chinese.

The Pocket Testament League provides complete support for the Christian community. Taking the 21 Day Challenge is a wonderful way to experience the life of Jesus. Evangelism Boot Camp is a course offered to learn how to share faith in Christ. Free daily devotionals and member testimonies are inspirational and motivating. Membership is free. Donations are accepted to cover the cost of the pocket gospels. Sponsoring others in their ministry is another option.

I think one of my favorite tools on the site is the mobile phone app. All the features I’ve mentioned are available on the go and include the ability to build and connect with a team of fellow evangelists. I can even drop a pin on a map indicating where I’ve shared a pocket gospel of John, access a daily Bible reading, and watch inspirational videos.

Not bad for a ministry that has been around since 1893. Let me encourage you to visit The Pocket Testament League. You’ll be inspired, motivated and equipped to fulfill the Great Commission (Matt. 28:16-20) because “how can people call for help if they don't know who to trust? And how can they know who to trust if they haven't heard of the One who can be trusted? And how can they hear if nobody tells them?” (Romans 10:14)

Posted Links

Love Colored Glasses
Facebook
Faithwriters Article
"Tomorrow is a new day with no mistakes in it yet."

RDickerson
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby RDickerson » Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:58 pm

On the morning of December 5th, 1858, Charles H. Spurgeon delivered what may have been one of the finest evangelistic sermons ever written. He based his text on but five simple words found in the Book of Luke, “Compel them to come in.” As I read the words of this sermon and play them in the theater of my mind, I cannot help but be overwhelmed by the sheer passion woven into his words. I feel as if the poor man would drop dead behind the pulpit if he could not convince at least one; if only one person to give their heart to Jesus Christ. It is this passion that is desperately needed if we are to ever reach a dying world for the sake of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I am happy to report that I have found this passion in the vision and the evangelism efforts of The Pocket Testament League.

In 1893, a young woman by the name of Helen Cadbury, daughter of the president of Cadbury Chocolates, became so fervent in her desire to share her faith with others that she decided to do something about it. She organized a faithful group of young girls that felt the same way as she and they began to sew pockets onto their dresses in order to carry with them small New Testaments that Helens father provided for them. They promised one another that they would read their Bibles daily, pray and share their faith with others at every opportunity. This brave group of young women called themselves “The Pocket Testament League” and, 119 years later, their vision and spirit live on in today’s PTL.

Over the years the PTL has become a multi-dimensional ministry that reaches world-wide and their members are responsible for the distribution of more than 110 million copies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 110 million! Membership is free and they also offer a broad variety of evangelism tools for you to use as you set out to share your faith in Jesus Christ with others the way that Helen Cadbury did so many years ago. You can also find free daily devotionals on their website that I am sure you will find encouraging and inspirational and I suggest you take a tour of their “Virtual Museum” so that you can see the fantastic history of the PTL over the years and this may help you to appreciate and understand what they are striving to do today.

In order for any evangelism effort to succeed, it must possess two qualities: passion, as I said earlier, and love. The PTL has both and I am sure you will agree with me when you visit them on the web and see the many, many ways you can become involved. I compel you to check out the PTL and catch the passion that lives there.

For more, just open these doors:
http://www.ptl.org
http://www.true2ourselves.com/blogs/blog/?oleary714
http://oleary714.thoughts.com/posts/passion-of-the-ptl
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=149581

Lois
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Lois » Thu Jul 05, 2012 5:42 pm

Read, Carry and Share

“If only we could get people to read the Book for themselves it will surely lead them to Christ.” This was the motivation of Helen Cadbury, founder of the Pocket Testament League, in her passion for evangelism and the need she saw for evangelism tools.

Helen Cadbury of Birmingham, England, shy teenage daughter of the president of Cadbury Chocolates, became so excited about sharing her faith that in 1893 she organized a group of girls to sew pockets onto their dresses to carry a small New Testament. The girls called their group “The Pocket Testament League,” had membership cards, and pledged to read a portion of the Bible every day, pray, and share their faith when opportunity arose. Their catch cry was – read, carry, share.

In 1904 Helen married American evangelist Charles Alexander who officially organized the League with Dr. J. Wilbur Chapman in Philadelphia, PA in March 1908. Alexander had worked with famous evangelist Dwight L. Moody, and this worldwide evangelism experience gave a huge boost to the League. Alexander was a singer and hymn writer, and they did music and preaching tours together.

Throughout the following years, the League grew and was active within military camps throughout WW1 and WW2, in factories and offices in peacetime, and within government work schemes for jobless men throughout the Great Depression. They were affected by the war themselves, their headquarters in Birmingham, England being destroyed by bombs on 29 December 1941. In spite of this they continued distributing portions of Scripture wherever they could, and later branched into radio ministry as well.

Gradually the League became active worldwide. League members also shared at several Olympic Games. Whether to individuals or large gatherings, they saw opportunities to encourage people to read God’s Word. From humble beginnings, the League has brought the truth of God’s Word to millions of people for more than 100 years.

Transformed from the shy teenager who sought a way to share her faith, Helen Cadbury Alexander grew to a confident woman who motivated others to share. Her transformation is demonstrated in this verse of the well known hymn which she co-wrote:
Anywhere with Jesus, over land and sea,
Telling souls in darkness of salvation free;
Ready as He summons me to go or stay,
Anywhere with Jesus when He points the way.

PTL’s website includes personal stories of people impacted by the Scriptures, e.g.: ‘I was controlled by fear, anxiety, shame and depression, but Jesus changed all that. Now I have joined PTL because I want others to know Jesus too.’

Helen’s original vision still drives the ministry today - bringing the Word of God to people. The Pocket Testament League provides many helps to do this, giving away Testaments and providing free evangelism training and evangelism tools, plus apps for iPhones and similar devices. The website also has free daily devotionals to deepen us in the Word of God.

Read, Carry and Share. You will be glad you did.

Endorsed by http://www.faithwriters.com

http://www.margo19.blogspot.co.nz
http://www.faithwriters.com
http://www.facebook.com/lois.farrow

RDickerson
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Passion of the PTL

Postby RDickerson » Fri Jul 06, 2012 2:07 pm

On the morning of December 5th, 1858, Charles H. Spurgeon delivered what may have been one of the finest evangelistic sermons ever written. He based his text on but five simple words found in the Book of Luke, “Compel them to come in.” As I read the words of this sermon and play them in the theater of my mind, I cannot help but be overwhelmed by the sheer passion woven into his words. I feel as if the poor man would drop dead behind the pulpit if he could not convince at least one; if only one person to give their heart to Jesus Christ. It is this passion that is desperately needed if we are to ever reach a dying world for the sake of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I am happy to report that I have found this passion in the vision and the evangelism efforts of The Pocket Testament League.

In 1893, a young woman by the name of Helen Cadbury, daughter of the president of Cadbury Chocolates, became so fervent in her desire to share her faith with others that she decided to do something about it. She organized a faithful group of young girls that felt the same way as she and they began to sew pockets onto their dresses in order to carry with them small New Testaments that Helens father provided for them. They promised one another that they would read their Bibles daily, pray and share their faith with others at every opportunity. This brave group of young women called themselves “The Pocket Testament League” and, 119 years later, their vision and spirit live on in today’s PTL.

Over the years the PTL has become a multi-dimensional ministry that reaches world-wide and their members are responsible for the distribution of more than 110 million copies of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. 110 million! Membership is free and they also offer a broad variety of evangelism tools for you to use as you set out to share your faith in Jesus Christ with others the way that Helen Cadbury did so many years ago. You can also find free daily devotionals on their website that I am sure you will find encouraging and inspirational and I suggest you take a tour of their “Virtual Museum” so that you can see the fantastic history of the PTL over the years and this may help you to appreciate and understand what they are striving to do today.

In order for any evangelism effort to succeed, it must possess two qualities: passion, as I said earlier, and love. The PTL has both and I am sure you will agree with me when you visit them on the web and see the many, many ways you can become involved. I compel you to check out the PTL and catch the passion that lives there.

Miller212
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: #2 Pocket Testament League Blog NOW OPEN! 7-9-12 DEADLIN

Postby Miller212 » Fri Jul 06, 2012 4:36 pm

Where is My Bride?

The vivid experience of sorrow felt driving down Independence Avenue gripped my heart with untold anguish. Tears soon blurred my view of the desolate and decaying street, as an unknown fury began to rise up from my belly. Anguish had turned to weeping and weeping to anger; anger had then led my weary heart into groaning intercession with the Almighty.

I cleared my eyes and continued to survey the avenue. Prostitutes stood far from discreet at various vantage points, drunks stumbled disarrayed throughout the littered alleys, mothers dragged along numerous children who since birth were sentenced to the cycling mentality of poverty, and at every corner I drove by there stood a church.

God’s grief and longing for humanity had become mingled with my own angered discontent with society’s brokenness and bondage. I began to cry out to God, asking Him why He was doing nothing about the state of my city, and why He continued to leave the people hurting and without a Shepherd. My fury at the injustice I was viewing, lead me to come all but close to accusing God of doing nothing to save the lost.

And that’s when He spoke, gently whispering into the depths of my being, “Child, where is My body? I can do nothing apart from My church. She is My hands and feet. She is My voice that speaks. Where is My church? I am in the midst of My city doing My work, but who is there partnering with Me? She is a spider without legs. No change can be wrought and no souls can be saved, without the hands and feet of My body going forth with My name.”

I sat silently stunned; left unable to move, unable to speak, and unable to even weep. When I got home I opened a phone book and began to count the number of churches and ministries throughout the city. I stopped at 943.

I closed the phone book and prayed. I asked God to send forth laborers to His vineyard, and to give us a heart-you and I-for the lost ones He loves.

The other day I stumbled across a ministry that shed a glimpse of hope within my soul. The ministry is called the Pocket Testament League. Their main goal is to lead souls to the saving knowledge of Jesus Christ, and to equip others to do the same. Not only does the site offer free devotionals to strengthen and encourage the believer, they also offer the necessary evangelism tools that we as believers need to be His hands and feet to a lost and dying world. The ministry encourages every believer to carry a pocket sized gospel of John, to daily read and share with those we come into contact with. One believer with God’s heart for the lost and adequate training in evangelism, can be the tool He needs to set just one soul free.

Let’s be His hands and feet.

http://miller212.blogspot.com/2012/07/w ... bride.html
http://miller212.wordpress.com/2012/07/ ... -my-bride/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=149620

ChrisInHawaii
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

What Does God Know About Evangelism, Anyway?

Postby ChrisInHawaii » Fri Jul 06, 2012 6:28 pm

WHAT DOES GOD KNOW ABOUT EVANGELISM, ANYWAY?

I ALREADY LOST YOU

We live in an A.D.D. world. More and more, it seems like our attention span is shrinking to accommodate the flood of messages that come at us from every direction. For instance, 4 out of 5 people who landed on this webpage 30 seconds ago have already clicked away to look at something else.

No exaggeration…I’ve got the stats to prove it…

Anyone who’s trying to sell anything recognizes these trends, and so they adjust their marketing practices accordingly. Television marketers and internet spammers bombard us daily with stimulating images, blinking/flashing advertisements, and over-hyped sound bites to get our attention and keep it for that magical 30 to 60 second window of opportunity so they can make their pitch.

And the church follows suit…

30 – SECOND EVANGELISM

Today, the most popular tools for evangelism are gospel tracts – short pamphlets filled with photos, illustrations, and dramatic one-liners designed to grab the reader’s attention and keep them engaged for 30 seconds or so…just long enough to read a page or two about Jesus and then make a decision whether they want to follow him or not.

These tracts are useful and have their place, and they are so common in the church that I think we tend to just assume that this is how evangelism is done. But they are not the only method, and evangelical Christians might want to consider whether there is another way.

IF GOD WERE TO WRITE A GOSPEL TRACT, WHAT WOULD IT LOOK LIKE?

In a way, he already did. It’s a book in the Bible called The Gospel of John, and it states its own purpose:

…these have been written so that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name. – John 20:31

In 1893 a teen girl named Helen Cadbury (whose father was the president of Cadbury Chocolates) recognized the value of John as an evangelism tool and rallied a small group of her girlfriends to join her in sharing copies of it whenever the opportunity arose. They called themselves The Pocket Testament League, and from these humble beginnings a legacy was born.

THE POCKET TESTAMENT LEAGUE

For over a century The Pocket Testament League has worked tirelessly to share the gospel, distributing over 110 million copies of the Gospel of John. Members can purchase the pocket-sized Gospels by the case to give away themselves, and they can sponsor other members to do so as well. The books are available in paperback, in several different languages, with dozens of covers and themes to choose from (including everything from surfing & nature to business & finances to driving trucks & riding Harleys).

They also offer free evangelism training and evangelism tools to members worldwide. Membership is free, and anyone interested in the organization can go to their website and check them out at http://www.ptl.org.

I’m still waiting for the Gospel of John with a Dramatic Lemur cover on it, though…

http://www.godandmammon.com
http://www.christopherdesatoff.wordpress.com
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-details.php?id=149637

RevLene
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby RevLene » Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:14 am

The Pocket Testament League and the Power of One

Have you ever doubted you could made a difference in this world? Or quaked at the thought of personal evangelism. Or felt as though you're just marking time until you breathe your last? Those are lies from the pit of hell. Each of us who still draws breath on this earth, no matter how young or old, vigorous or feeble we may be, has a God-given purpose to fulfill. And as Christians we know that God not only calls us to walk with Him but to share the Gospel with others.

But in today's increasingly anti-Christian culture evangelism has become a scary word for many Christians. But the Pocket Testament League, aka, PTL, has 'a help for that.' They offer free evangelism training. Their "Evangelism Boot Camp" is a powerful, self-paced, seven-part training program that is sent to you by email.

PTL's small beginning in personal evangelism is a testament to the Power of One plugged into God. It's the enormous difference one person, yielded to the Holy Spirit, can make. Helen Cadbury was a shy girl of thirteen when God dropped the seed-idea into her heart. She invited friends over and they made a pact to to "Read, Carry, and Share" the Word of God. They sewed pockets into their dresses so they could carry Scripture with them everywhere and called themselves the The Pocket Testament League. The year was 1893.

Today the core mission of the Pocket Testament League is still "Read, Carry, Share" the Word. And in their 119 years they've shared over 110 million Gospel of John booklets. How many souls are in heaven today because one shy girl acted on an idea God dropped into her heart?

Today PTL is available worldwide 24/7. Their website, http://www.ptl.org, utilizes the latest in communication technology and is filled with excellent evangelism tools for the individual Christian. They offer free evangelism training, various Bible study options, as well as free daily devotionals

Has anyone ever asked you, "What's the point?" Or, "Why does anyone need salvation?" PTL has a help for that. On their website is a dynamite evangelism tool, "Why Am I Here?" It's a short video with a fresh approach that captures and holds your attention in a fun, non-preachy way. The salvation message is presented in an actively illustrated story form easily understood by all ages.

The best evangelism tool is the Gospel of John pocket size booklets available at no charge. This is the heart and soul of PTL. They come in three different translations and up to five different languages. There are numerous dynamic covers from which to choose. Each is designed to appeal to different groups. Each also contains a Plan of Salvation with a Prayer and a Decision Page.

Begin your own exciting personal evangelism journey of changing the world through the Power of One plugged into God. Go to the Pocket Testament League website now and join for FREE.

http://www.lenemadsen.blogspot.com

http://auntiel.wordpress.com

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=149653
Just ask Jesus. Nothing is too hard for God.

RDickerson
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

The Passion of the PTL

Postby RDickerson » Sat Jul 07, 2012 3:57 pm

On the morning of December 5th, 1858, Charles H. Spurgeon delivered what may have been one of the finest evangelistic sermons ever written. He based his text on but five simple words found in the Book of Luke, “Compel them to come in.” As I read the words of this sermon and play them in the theater of my mind, I cannot help but be overwhelmed by the sheer passion woven into his words. I feel as if the poor man would drop dead behind the pulpit if he could not convince at least one; if only one person to give their heart to Jesus Christ. It is this passion that is desperately needed if we are to ever reach a dying world for the sake of our Savior Jesus Christ, and I am happy to report that I have found this passion in the vision and the evangalism efforts of The Pocket Testament League.

DeeUK
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby DeeUK » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:55 am

Sharing your faith effectively

If they just read it for themselves, it will surely lead them to Christ”. These were the words of a teenager who desired more than anything that people would simply read the Word of God, the Bible. And so it was that The Pocket Testament League (PTL) ministry was started by this young lady, Helen Cadbury in 1893.

It is this very same vision that drives the PTL ministryto this day. Is this your desire too? To share the Word so that others may also come to know the Lord Jesus Christ as their own personal Saviour?

As Christians we’ve been given a commission: “Go into all the world and preach the Good News to everyone, everywhere …” (Mark 16:15 - NLT). This is where we, as believers, often struggle. How do we share our faith with others?

I have good news! Some time ago I was introduced to The Pocket Testament League ministry. Their website, www.ptl.org, is packed with excellent material to help Christians reach out to the lost. Not only does it provide evangelism tools but free evangelism training. To encourage one in one’s own walk with the Lord, free daily devotionals are also made available.

The PTL ministry was exactly what I needed to help me in my walk with the Lord and evangelism. When it comes to evangelism, the most effective evangelism tool is indeed the Word of God itself!

But what is evangelism really? It is simply taking advantage of opportunities to share the Good News about Jesus with others. Telling others about Jesus!

The Pocket Testament League has shared more than 110 million Gospels over the years. The high-quality glossy-covered Gospels come in a variety of covers and themes suitable for use in a variety of situations. Small and light-weight, it fits into your pocket with ease, ready to be handed to someone at any time. The Gospel of John, which is one of the four books of the Bible that speak about the life of Christ Jesus, is the Gospel of choice as it has some unique elements that make it very suitable for evangelism.

Encouraging one-to-one opportunities to share the Good News with others is what the PTL do best. Members are encouraged to share their experiences and what a blessing it is to read these testimonies and realize afresh that God is still at work in the lives of countless people across the world. “For the Word of God is alive and powerful. It is sharper than the sharpest two-edged sword … “(Hebrews 4:12 – NLT).

So don’t delay. As we imminently await the return of the Lord Jesus Christ, let us use our time to reach out to those who need the Saviour. Why not join over 300,000 others who today share the vision of Helen Cadbury and start sharing your faith with others in a bold and effective way? Contact The Pocket Testament League today!

http://christianresources2012.blogspot.co.uk/
http://daysmeditations.wordpress.com/2012/07/06/sharing-your-faith-effectively/
http://pricklyissues.wordpress.com/

www.faithwriters.com
www.ptl.org

carpenterdaughter
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)
Pencil 4 (150-199 Posts)

Postby carpenterdaughter » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm

Will You Go?

What an amazing God we serve! He calls us by name and lifts us out of the pit of our own selves and places within us a desire to do exactly what He calls us to do. As we go, He gives us the abundant joy of knowing Him and being fully committed to a purpose for which we were specifically and wonderfully designed. That’s amazing to me! What we think we are doing for Him, He’s really doing for us. That, my friend, is the secret to evangelism. When we go out and share the Love of God that He has shed abroad in us, what we discover is that we aren’t just doing it for others or for Him—we are actually accepting the gift that He has freely given to us. What is evangelism but a blessing and a gift, straight (as my pastor would say) out of the cool part of Heaven? Think about it. A Holy God chooses foolish us to go out into the world and be salt and light. He doesn’t need us, but He chooses to use us, and in the using, He transforms us, giving us everything we are so hungry to find!

Another thing that amazes me about God is how He keeps His Word, using everything in our lives to work together to get us to that place where we are willing to believe we are fully equipped and capable of fulfilling His purposes for us. Funny, we think we’re the ones doing all the work, but it is He who worketh in us both to will and do His good pleasure. In my foolish wanderings, struggling so hard to come into agreement with God about who I am in Him because of Christ in me, He has always proven faithful.

He led me to an opportunity that I thought was one thing, but that is actually much larger than I—just as He is. While pursuing a desire to exercise my voice as writer, He led me to a website (www.faithwriters.com), where a writing challenge opened up the way to yet another website (www.ptl.org). This site, created by The Pocket Testament League, is wholly dedicated to promoting Christ through the distribution of the gospel of John. John said about Jesus: “In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.” (John 1:1, KJV) We cannot give people personal belief or salvation, but we can give them Jesus in the form of the Word of God, specifically designed to fit first in our pockets and then in theirs. True, there is much more to evangelism than simply handing out tracts, but what a great way to begin! The website itself offers free evangelism training, evangelism tools, and free daily devotionals, but I think the greatest thing it offers is an opportunity to accept a challenge and to take God at His Word—that it NEVER returns void.

Three outside postings:
https://www.facebook.com/frankie.carpenterkemp
http://herfathersheart.weebly.com/blog.html
http://www.faithwriters.com-CHRISTIAN WRITERS

Jiffer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Jiffer » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Nothing More Important

The beachside cafe bustled with activity. Patrons sat beneath red umbrellas engaged in conversation while enjoying California cuisine.

The ocean breeze blew strands of hair across Vanessa’s face. “I can’t believe Courtney Wilhelm is meeting us here. It’s been, what . . . twelve years since we graduated USC?”

Megan sipped iced tea and nodded. “The internet is a wondrous thing, right? I was shocked when I saw the friend request.”

“Vanessa Blackwell! Megan Roland!” The vivacious voice carried.

The two women locked eyes and grinned as they stood to face Courtney Wilhelm.

After hugs were exchanged the three friends sat and chatted for the next hour. Courtney’s life sounded amazing. Her career as a high-powered attorney intrigued Vanessa.

As the conversation continued, however, Courtney’s countenance began to change. Her face was now flushed and her eyes moist. Summing up her marital troubles she announced, “He got full custody of the kids.”

The words pierced Vanessa’s chest like a spear.

“Oh, Courtney.” Vanessa placed her hand over her friend’s. This was deep. This was real life pain her friend was experiencing and Vanessa had no idea what to say.

Megan turned her chair toward Courtney. “Courtney, do you go to church?”

Courtney dabbed her eyes with a cloth napkin. “I don’t have time for church.”

Vanessa then watched and listened with great intent as Megan shared the love of Jesus with Courtney, the gift of salvation and how when we rest in God, He carries us through trying times.

“You don’t have to go through this life alone, Courtney.” As Megan spoke she pulled a small book from her purse and set it in front of Courtney.

“This is the Gospel of John. Take it with you and read it when you get a chance. There’s nothing more important than your salvation, Courtney, so please promise me you’ll at least read it.”

Courtney took the pocket testament and flipped through it.

“Pay attention to the verses in bold,” Megan pointed to one. “They’re key to understanding new life in Christ. There’s also a section detailing the plan of salvation. You’ll find a clear explanation with some of the verses I shared with you today.”

“Alright.” Courtney looked at the time on her phone. “For you, Megan, I’ll read it.” She pushed her chair back and stood. “I’m late for a meeting.”

The three friends hugged and Courtney hurried off to her car.

Lingering in front of the cafe, Vanessa eyed Megan.

“How did you do that?”

“Do what?”

“Share Jesus with her so easily. I could never do that.”

“Yes you could. Go to The Pocket Testament League . . . ptl.org. You can order pocket testaments like the one I gave Courtney and get free evangelism training. It’s easier than you might think to share your faith.”

Pocket Testament League?”

“Yeah, it’s a great site with wonderful resources, including free daily devotionals and evangelism tools. It’s where I learned everything I shared with Courtney today.”

“Really? ptl.org. Maybe I can be an evangelist.”

http://theauthorwithin.wordpress.com/20 ... important/
http://jennifersuchey.wordpress.com/201 ... important/
http://www.facebook.com/JiffChick?ref=profile
GO WRITE SOMETHING!!!

Jennifer Suchey

http://theauthorwithin.wordpress.com/

laury
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby laury » Sun Jul 08, 2012 11:43 pm

Arm Our Teens - Pocket Testament League Review

“Why’re you wearing that shirt? Haven’t you ever heard of separation of church and state?” The noisy hallway grew quiet as Mattea considered the question.

“We can wear Christian t-shirts and we can pray in school…”

Anthony came along beside her and finished, “and we can bring our Bibles.”

The boy argued, “That’s not what we learned in History class. Church is church and school is school.”

“School officials try to bully us but it’s not legal.” Suddenly everyone scattered and left the two ‘rebels’ alone.

Mr. Porter, Vice-Principal, walked confidently down the hall. “Office, now.”

This is exactly what many of our students face every day. I work in a high school and when they see my Bible on my desk, they’re surprised. I tell them, "You can bring your Bible to school." It's amazing how kids believe the lie that’s being told to them. Our Christian teens need to know what is evangelism and they need to know how to how answer questions that come up from their friends when they carry their Bibles and wear their popular Christian t-shirts. Both parents and their teens can go to the Pocket Testimony website and receive free evangelism training. The evangelism tools are easy to learn to use.

There are many teens who are on fire and ready to flood their schools this upcoming year with the Word of God. What better way than with the Gospel of John from the Pocket Testament League? They can be ordered with over 30 different, up-to-date covers: all very appealing and colorful.

Even in grade school, students are read books that introduce evolution. It may not say the word but the concepts are there. By the time they are in High School, they are primed and ready to be taught the theories. Our kids need to know the truth. In the free daily devotionals on the website, I am especially impressed with the very first lesson which deals with chapter one of John and will arm our students with that truth. The devotional points out that we have to face the most challenging question ever as a follower of Jesus Christ: "Where did God come from?"

“In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made.” (John 1:1-3)

No Big Bang Theory there! God, our creator – period! This is a great devotional and I highly recommend completing it as a family to prepare our students as they enter into the new school year. Help your child, “Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks… to give the reason for the hope that (they) have.” (1 Peter 3:15 NIV) Let’s arm our children with the Word of God as they go out into the world August, 2013 and beyond.

Pocket Testament League is the perfect tool for you and your family!

Between the Storms
Journezine's Daily Manna
Facebook Note
Faithwriters Article
http://lauryhubrich.blogspot.com/
"Have you ever had happiness sneak up on you from nowhere? Not that you were unhappy before, but just suddenly be aware of happiness?" -- Amy Wiley

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Jul 09, 2012 10:11 am

CONTEST DEADLINE IS HERE

If you have written an article but missed the deadline Please still submit it here.

Thank you all for your participation. It may be a week before winners are announced. Everyone who participated built treasure in heaven through promoting a ministry whose specific goal is to promote Jesus.
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:37 pm

Spiritual Resources: Training, Products, Studies, Devotional
by hhhjr1 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:10 am

Daily, Adam’s quiet time with the Lord included studying the http://www.ptl.org daily devotionals [/url]offered on The Pocket Testament League website. Today, though, when finished, he fingered the pocket sized Gospel of John that he kept in the patch pocket of his cargo pants. Like an itch that begs for a scratch, this Gospel, written by the Apostle John, testifies to the deity of Christ, and belongs in the hands of a lost soul to read.

Not long after Christ drew Adam into His Kingdom, a little less than a year ago, he found information about the pocket Gospels, while exploring the Pocket Testament League’s website. The site explained that the Gospel of John is a great tool for [http://www.ptl.org
]evangelism[/url]; this pricked Adam’s interest because he believes he has the gift of spreading the Word of God in a clear, concise way.

Consequently, in his zeal to serve the Lord, Adam ordered a month’s supply of the pocket Gospels and forged ahead; trying to use the pocket testament help him evangelize in his own power. Accordingly, his voyage into the realm of proclaiming God’s Word encountered heavy waves; as a result, he found nothing but spiritual discouragement. Yet, after prayer time humbled him, he realized he floundered in his own inadequacies because he used his time frame to minister, instead of waiting for the Holy Spirit’s timing. Subsequently, Adam quit plunging on his own, and began to seek answers to questions like http://www.ptl.org what is evangelism[/url], and what evangelical methods are available for him to spread the Word.

For His glory, through The Pocket Testament Leagues http://www.ptl.org
free evangelism training[/url], God provided Adam with the salve to soothe his inner turmoil. Moreover, the training course satiated his hunger for knowledge about spreading the message of Jesus, and introduced him to the http://www.ptl.org
evangelism tools [/url]God provides to proclaim Christ to the lost.

Adam pulled the Gospel of John from the patch pocket and rifled the pages. “Today,” he thought, “through the sovereignty of God, I pray this testament will infiltrate a hardened heart, and God will allow His arsenal of words to penetrate the bastion of ignorance that surrounds that heart and enlightens it to who Jesus Christ is.”

God provides great places to http://www.faithwriters.com
learn and grow [/url]in a safe, caring environment.

http://spiritualwatercooler.blogspot.com
http://www.facebook.com/#!/ht
https://twitter.com/

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:39 pm

Sharing Jesus from Your Pocket: The Pocket Testament League
by DeboraDyess » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:40 am

John 20:21 “As the Father has sent me, I am sending you.”

The casket hung for just a second at the edge of the Earth and then continued its descent.

Linda squeezed her eyes shut. It was the first time she’d ever attended the funeral of a friend she knew died without Christ. She vowed, as she stood at the gravesite, it would be the last.

Christians know that evangelism is an important part of their life in Christ. It is imperative for those in our world who are without salvation and an essential building block in our own spiritual life. But many Believers do not know how to share their faith. They are uncertain of how to even begin.

Pocket Testament League is an organization that, since 1893, has helped Christians with free evangelism training. But longevity does not mean PTL is outdated. On the contrary, the website offers fresh ways to bring others to Jesus.

FOR THE ‘OLD-TIMERS’
PTL knows the most effective evangelismtools are Christians who know the Word of God and love to spend time reading and sharing it. They offer evangelismBootcamp, a 21-Day Challenge (where participants read one chapter of John each day and use free daily devotional to dig deeper), a variety of ways to share and a community of like-minded believers. The Community shares success stories, prayer requests and suggestions.

FOR NEW BELIEVERS
The Christian life does not end with salvation. PTL offer new believers a free 4-part correspondence course to learn the basics and begin growing in their faith. The free daily devotional and community of fellow-laborers are available to help and support them. That, along with the 21-Day Challenge and evangelism Bootcamp put every babe in Christ off to a good start.

THEGOSPEL OF JOHN
Because the Gospel of John talks more about the love of Christ than any other, PTL uses it as their primary witnessing tool. Bright, contemporary cover art makes the book eye-catching. Titles target different groups of people. Call the Right Play is designed for sports enthusiasts. Forever Faithful, designed for pet lovers, features three beautiful dogs. A dramatic photograph of the formation of infant stars taken by the Hubble telescope graces the cover of Cosmic Fingerprints. The unique design of B Free features a graffiti-filled wall, perfect for sharing the Gospel on the streets. Although the message of each testament is the same, the cover art, the first thing people notice, is designed to catch the attention of those to whom it is given.

No Christian should ever have to stand by the grave of a friend and wonder if they shared their faith adequately. Pocket Testament League will build your faith, provide evangelism tools and disciple those who respond to your invitation to know Jesus as Savior. Their mission is to facilitate yours. Visit them at http://www.ptl.org/. Find your tools to fulfill the Great Commission.

PreviousNext

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities