To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Equipped to Defend- WINNERS ARE HERE NOW!

This forum is reserved for member articles being submitted for specific blogging contests.

Moderator: mikeedwards

dawn
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Unprepared

Postby dawn » Fri Mar 01, 2013 2:18 am

I knew my college roommate wasn’t a Christian.
Although a little nervous, I couldn’t wait
To share my most important decision
How our Creator saved me through grace.

“Kay,” she said, “don’t be so old-school.
Hawkins has shown us the solution.
This Jesus was just a good teacher-man.
We have evolved through evolution.

Besides if someone created this world,
Jesus as ‘the way’ is a narrow view.
Have you tried another religion?
I’d rather be open minded, thank you.”

“Well, Jesus is Savior of the world!” I said,
Trying to deflect Hailey’s darts.
“And you’re going to hell!” I stammered,
“Unless you accept Jesus in your heart.”

Our conversation splintered.
Hailey’s countenance hardened like flint.
“Really Kay, who do you think you are?
Some perfect, preacher chic?

God’s never proven himself to me.
You should read the Da Vinci Code.
Truth is all relative, Kay!”
She erupted in a morbid tone.

Besides, if there is a God, He isn’t love,
Or he wouldn’t allow hurt and chaos.
So don’t prod me with your religiosity,
I don’t want your band-aide cross.”

Why couldn’t I explain more clearly?
I felt ashamed, ignorant, unaware.
I couldn’t defend my Christian beliefs.
Next time, I thought, I will prepare.

I know now Christianity is a reasonable faith.
Even though God isn’t detected by our senses,
His loving results are similar to wind in action.
As for Jesus, there were many witnesses.

If the universe had a Big Bang beginning
Then this beginning had a cause:
Was this an impersonal, random event?
No, it was caused by a personal boss.

Only a Creator designs precise space dimensions:
Thus, He is intelligent, spaceless, and immaterial.
Because He created time and matter from nothing:
He’s also timeless, powerful, and personal.

These characteristics point to God of the Bible.
His powerful works, who can refute?
Yes God is mysterious, but He reveals Himself.
All have witnessed His attributes.

The Bible is true and trustworthy.
About 2,000 prophecies have come to past.
What are the chances of that happening?
This is only one of many facts.

But if I could rewind time
I wouldn’t force my case,
Instead, I’d show God’s love
And pray for Hailey’s faith.

[url]kdmanestreet.wordpress.com[/url]
http://articles.faithwriters.com/reprin ... icle=25744

K.D. Manes
Gold

Vincemar
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Equipped to Defend- Februarys Article/Blog Contest is Op

Postby Vincemar » Sat Mar 02, 2013 12:29 am

The Agenda

It was an auspicious meeting, consisting of the brightest and best in their fields. They had come to assess their progress and hammer out their objectives for another year. The meeting, chaired by Dr Cosmos came to order.
“Ladies and gentlemen, it is wonderful to see you all. I’m thrilled you were all able to make it. Before we begin, let us take reports from our various departments on our progress this past year.”
Dr Charles Xavier was the first to speak.
“I am happy to report that we have had great success this year through our independent thinking initiative. We have been able to suppress truth in favour of free thinking across nearly all campuses across the nation. These students may come in with their outdated moral beliefs, but they leave with our ideology, proud of their newfound ‘critical thinking’.”
“Well, I’d like to think we had a hand in that,” said Dr Pridemore, professor of philosophy.
“Of course,” said Dr Xavier with a humble nod.
A hand shot up on the right.
“The chair recognizes Professor Theorem.”
“Thank you. Ladies and gentlemen, we’ve gone to great lengths to elevate science and technology in our curriculums. Our students have embraced these with religious fervour. Our students finally realize that the answers to all the world’s problems are truly within their own grasp.”
“If I may….Professor Fraude, department of Psychology. We have worked tirelessly this year to instil upon our students that life and light are resident within every human mind, and with the proper application of knowledge, every human being can express their divine spark. We have no need for god. Mankind is god.”
“Thank you, doctor,” said the chairman, gesturing to his left.
“Reverend Sanctum, head of Contemporary Religion. With all due respect, Dr Fraude, not every student is able to accept such radical views. Many students who attend our schools still need to connect with a higher power, and we allow them to do so with a deity that is much more widely accepted…”
He was cut off by Miss Tolerance Goodbody, Director of Diversity.
“Yes, well, let’s not forget that our department paved the way for that. Since we’ve launched our ‘Diverse Lifestyles and Acceptable Practices’ campaign, you guys have had it easy. We have all but erased the term sin from modern society.”
The room began to erupt with simultaneous discussion.
“Here, Here,” shouted chairman Cosmos, as he banged his gavel to return order.
“You have all done an outstanding job this year; however let’s not lose focus. There is much more work to be done.”
“Let’s get down to business………..”

While the above story is fictitious, there’s no arguing with the facts: the ideological agenda of education seems bent on undermining traditional Christianity. And the fact is American teenagers are not properly equipped to defend their faith – 75% leave the church after high school.
We’ve got to reverse that trend.
Crossexamined is committed to equipping young Christians to defend their faith.
Youth leader request a speaker: http://www.crossexamined.org/problem.asp
Parents pass on this info: http://www.god-evidence-truth.com/

Vince Martella # 61045 Silver member
Articles also posted at:
http://www.blogger.com/blogger.g?blogID ... 2297520122
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157231

mikeedwards
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Equipped to Defend- STILL OPEN UNTIL 25 ENTRIES

Postby mikeedwards » Mon Mar 04, 2013 6:30 pm

Posted for Platinum Member Deb Rutter.

WHO’S KNOCKING AT THE DOOR?
Written by Deb Rutter

Do you expect me to believe that? But that happened in the dark ages! I can think for myself! I have the right to do what I want! I’m not a kid anymore!

How often has this been said? Okay, let’s look at things from a different perspective. The reason this approach is possible is that you do have a mind, a beautiful mind and you are young adults.

In Jesus time on earth people lived with Jesus, witnessed healings and miracles, heard the Scriptures from his own lips and they willingly died for their faith in Jesus. Why, because it was radical and new? No! Because they not only believed in Jesus but they experienced the Living Word.

To believe in something is to be convinced that something is good, true and acceptable. But if you extend to the next stage; you know. To know something, it becomes real, questions are null and void because you have relationship with your gained knowledge, its personal.

Mathematics is a difficult subject for some, your teacher explains the equation and you believe that it is correct, even if you can’t get your head around it. With sound teaching, perseverance, willingness and an open mind you become to see, you know, you understand. It becomes your knowledge, not what someone else tells you.

Jesus is gentle and all loving, he doesn’t pound down your door, he knocks quietly. Not until you are quiet and begin to listen can you hear the consistent tapping. When you hear it, it is still your choice to open the door or not. You can meet Jesus or ignore. You can talk with Jesus and begin a relationship with him, your own personal experience, when you want to come to know.

Imagine the wind blowing in the trees, how do you know that it’s there, that it truly does exist? You can’t see the wind but you can experience the wind by its effects. You feel the wind on your skin, you can see the dust and items carried as it goes and you can witness the trees bend and swirl from its force. How different would Jesus’ effect on people have been when he walked the earth? Yet people still refused to stop and open the door to the truth, to invite Jesus in. Jesus still walks among us, he’s right here with you now. His Holy Spirit is moving and waits for your invitation. Come to know Jesus, experience relationship with him.

The Bible is filled with every answer to every question. We are not only invited to believe but to know Jesus first hand, just as the Apostles were. Questions are good. “Ask, and you will receive; seek, and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you”. (Luke 11: 9) Courage is not in opening the door, courage is your desire to examine the answers to your questions and be willing to allow Jesus into your heart.

Request a speaker for your school or church. http://www.crossexamined.org

Read the facts for free and pass them on. http://share.snacktools.com/58EEC9D9E8C/fznszl89

Platinum Member 57663
We need God's Grace because of God's Truth.

kavod333
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kavod333 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 pm

An Open Letter to High School and College Students
by Haydee Ilagan

Dear Student,

I was once there. I went to college as a Christian believer embracing my own set of religious beliefs and convictions and things I have learned from my family, church, and pastors. I loved God so much and never missed Sunday services especially when I taught Sunday school kids and went to minister to the prison inmates weekly.

I read my Bible and praised and worshiped God with my guitar. How I loved every minute of being in fellowship in church and my youth group!

It was a whole new world when I stepped into college. Most of my professors did not believe in the God I am believing in and in our classes, it was very obvious that they were atheists, agnostics, and skeptics. Some of them were even imbibing same-sex relationships as I studied in an all-girls exclusive private college.

It was very difficult for me to relate to the subjects as they always incorporated their own set of ideas, ideologies, and differing worldviews. Some professors even mocked me and labeling me Ms. Pastor then putting me on hot seat. As hard as I studied my doctrines, beliefs, and read my Bible and sought counsel from my pastors, it was just not enough to defend my faith. Many fellow believers in school left Christianity for good because of the influence of professors and environment surrounding them.

In the end, I left my college and transferred to a Christian seminary where my faith will not be challenged for me to have peace.

It has been fifteen (15) years already of being a believer and yet I still need help in facing the atheists, agnostics, skeptics, cults, occult, New Age, and a host of other beliefs.

Until I learned about a ministry by Dr. Frank Turek called CrossExamined.org where he conducts seminars and trainings based on his book I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist.

Their mission is “ to equip high school and college students to know why Christianity is true, how to defend it, and how to tactfully refute those who try to corrupt them.” It echoes 1 Peter 3:15 -

“but in your hearts honor Christ the Lord as holy, always being prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you; yet do it with gentleness and respect,”

Based on Barna and USA Today, about 70-75% of Christian youth leave their Christian beliefs and church after high school.

CrossExamined.org offers a solution to this problem. They answer the questions -

Does Truth Exist?

Does God Exist?

Are Miracles Possible?

Is the New Testament True?

Thousands of students went back to Christianity and thousands of atheistic students embraced Christianity after attending this seminar.

God wants you back to Him right here, right NOW. Answer His call while there
is time.

Present the evidence at your church or school.

Read the facts for free and pass them on.

Your sister in Christ,

Haydee

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157346
http://kavod333.wordpress.com/articles/

Author: Haydee Ilagan
FW ID# 60645
Gold Member
He has made everything beautiful in its time. Ecclesiastes 3:11

Emilou's Profile

Kavod Publishing

Need Prayer Now Online

rleavers
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby rleavers » Wed Mar 06, 2013 12:48 pm

Faith Under Fire

As our young christian men and women go off from their homes to enter our societies places of wisdom and higher education they are soon faced with the reality that their believes are generally not accepted and even condemned by the academic elite. Ridicule and peer pressure soon start to attack the foundations of their faith. Unfortunately many are not equipped to defend this faith. They know it is foolish to deny the love, grace and wisdom of God, but without adequate knowledge they are soon overpowered by the constant barrage of secular "wisdom" and walk away from the Faith that they know is truth. In fact it has been shown that 75% of them will be talked out of their faith while in college.

Psalm 14:1 (NIV)1 The fool says in his heart, “There is no God.” They are corrupt, their deeds are vile; there is no one who does good.

In this passage the word for fool describes a man who is morally deficient. They believe what they believe because they lack wisdom and moral character. Unfortunately when it is professor after professor in classes you are required to attend, without a strong foundation and a ready defense of what you believe, you falter and question truth.

Proverbs 12:15 (NIV) 15 The way of fools seems right to them, but the wise listen to advice.

As a christian we need to determine are we going to follow the counsel of fools or follow the wisdom of the Lord. Their can only be one truth. It is not determined by popular vote or opinion it is simply the truth. Consequently if it is not truth than it is a lie regardless of who proclaims it. We need to stand firm on the truth that has been made so obvious by God's creation and his Word. This next verse from Isaiah is a great description of what secular academia has produced in our colleges and universities. God is displeased with the condition of our education system and it is time to defend our youth against the erosion of truth.

Isaiah 59:14-16 (NIV) 14 So justice is driven back, and righteousness stands at a distance; truth has stumbled in the streets, honesty cannot enter. 15 Truth is nowhere to be found, and whoever shuns evil becomes a prey. The Lord looked and was displeased that there was no justice. 16 He saw that there was no one, he was appalled that there was no one to intervene; so his own arm achieved salvation for him, and his own righteousness sustained him.

Dr. Frank Turek is working on a solution to this tragic problem for our youth. I encourage you to visit his website and get this information to the college aged and those soon to be entering college that are near to you. Give them the knowledge and wisdom to defend the faith that is within them. Please follow the links below and share this valuable tool.

http://www.crossexamined.org/problem.asp

<a href="http://www.crossexamined.org/">Present the evidence at my church.</a>
<a href="http://share.snacktools.com/58EEC9D9E8C/fznszl89">Read the facts for free and pass them on.</a>

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157377
http://thetruenorthtablet.com/?p=357

Ralph Leavers
Platinum 61695

clcsbhudson
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby clcsbhudson » Wed Mar 06, 2013 5:05 pm

Defending the Faith

We have taken God out of our schools, kindergarten through college. The only evidence the secular world sees of Christianity, is through a crazy sect of people who call themselves a ‘Baptist’ church that protests soldier’s funerals, or lunatics who ‘hear voices’ on television. God has become a punch-line, instead of Almighty Creator. He is rejected as Creator in textbooks as early as pre-school, with the all-too-familiar, ‘millions of years ago’. Sex and violence are commonplace in movies, television, music and video games. We are fighting a war of immorality and selfishness from every side, including the church. We are seeing and hearing about people of faith who are stealing money from the church, or pastors and priests who have been caught molesting children. And we wonder why we’re losing our kids.

My husband and I did our best to raise our children using biblical principles. We also tried to live what we believed. God was ever-present in our home every day of the week. We made mistakes, but we claimed Proverbs 22:6, “Train up a child in the way he should go, and when he is old he will not depart from it.” (NKJV). We knew our faith in this verse would insure their place as believers, as teenagers, and then as adults, allowing for the inevitable moments of weakness in between.

When I was in the sixth grade nearly forty years ago my parents would have to purchase gas for the upcoming work-week on Saturday night because everything was closed on Sunday, God’s day. Although my family didn’t go to church, I knew the day was special for that reason. A few years ago our church took our elementary-aged children camping for the weekend. A local congregation provided worship service to the campers on Sunday morning. Our group and a handful of others, mostly from the older generation, were the only people to attend. What bothered me most was that as we worshipped under an open-air pavilion, parents brought their children to the playground, which was right next to our service, allowing them to run and play, squealing and yelling as we tried to hear the message. “Couldn’t they wait for just one half hour?” was all I could think. There was no reverence for what was taking place, from the children or their parents.

We are in the last days. As I watch my own children who are currently in the middle of their own battles and moments of weakness mentioned earlier, I am convinced of this. I don’t have any new and revolutionary answers as to how we can help defend the faith so our children can withstand the enemies of this world, other than to do as we are instructed in I Peter 3:15. What I do know is we need to keep fighting, keep teaching, keep praying, keep setting genuine examples, and most of all, keep on believing in our loving God who has this situation covered with His never-ending grace.

Lisa Hudson
Member #61415
Platinum

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157383

<br><br><center><iframe src="http://files.bannersnack.com/iframe/embed.html?hash=bz9sgjmj&wmode=transparent&t=1360437079" width="435" height="150" seamless="seamless" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowtransparency="true"></iframe>

Fullheart
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby Fullheart » Thu Mar 07, 2013 4:36 pm

Prepared for Assault

"Peter, you're thinking is from the stone-age. Everyone knows life evolved on its own. The Bible was written by a bunch of religious fanatics. Science and reason is how we determine truth, not fantastic tales of hocus-pocus miracles and stuff."

"You're wrong Josh, God's real. I feel Him in my heart."

"That's just the jalapeños you had on that pizza last night. But seriously, show me one piece of tangible evidence that the Bible is God's book."

"The Bible say's, 'All scripture is God breathed." (2 Timothy 3:16a)

"You can't quote the Bible's own words about itself to defend it! It's the Bible's testimony that's in question. You don't have much of a scientific mind!"

Peter had been raised in a Bible believing home, but now, everything seemed different. His professors were highly educated men; not one of them believed in the Bible.

Inner turmoil roiled up questions of the heart with increased intensity, as his freshman year neared its end. But Peter had a praying family back home; they'd been lifting him up to the Lord, aware of the powerful influences of the world. But had they forgotten to equip Peter to defend his faith? 1 Peter 3:15b say's,

"Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have."

The next day, Peter was passing an Anthropology class just letting out. There was Josh with his head drooped, looking all flabbergasted. Charles, a Christian who was well prepared for the same kind of attack Josh had launched against Peter, was successfully defending his faith.

"Josh, you say you have a scientific mind... Let's talk science. The macro-evolutionist purports that disorder progresses to order, that matter or 'energy' began spontaneously and evolved into complex systems. Yet the first law of Thermodynamics reveals that matter cannot create itself. So evolution is impossible. And the second law is equally compelling. 'Every system left to itself will move from order to disorder; its energy being transformed into lower levels of availability, finally reaching a state of unavailability." (James A Hall--Liberty Univ.)

Josh remained silent.

"According to evolution the first man appeared one-million years ago. If that were true, using very conservative growth rates, we would at present have 10 with 27 thousand zeros following it, in population. Where are the fossils for species in a transitional state? The fossil record shows that life appeared suddenly, just as the Bible teaches. You hold up micro-evolution to theorize macro-evolution, which are two very different things."

Here was a Christian who knew his stuff. Charles was pleased to befriend Peter.

"There's a seminar this weekend Peter. I hope you will attend. It's called, 'I Don't Have Enough Faith to be an Atheist."

With alacrity, Peter declared, "Just give me the details. I'll be there!"

Science supports the Biblical account of creation, and we don't have to twist scripture to fit an "old world" theory.

Be prepared; check out: http://www.crossexamined.org
Learn more here: http://share.snacktools.com/58EEC9D9E8C/fznszl89

Also posted at http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157415
And at http://www.Growingupinjesus.com

writer4christ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby writer4christ » Sat Mar 09, 2013 11:10 pm

Under-Armed Deodorant

"The fear of the Lord is the beginning of knowledge, but fools despise wisdom and instruction.”Proverbs 1:7 NIV

“Mom, does God exist?” Konnor gravely inquires over the phone. “I have Professor Pittious’s class next, and he’s a jerk. ‘You’re an absolute fool,’ he jeers, ‘to believe in a Bible.’”

“Meditate on the Word son, and suit up God’s armor.” Feeling confident, I cradle back into my chair, “then when you’re challenged by the world, you’ll demolish arguments.”

Since college, Konnor’s faith is like my merry-less wind chimes mummified in snow outside my window. While his Christian identity suffers castration by his elder, the university just cowers and cheers.

“You just smell like a rotting corpse that’s all.” I console.

“Corpse!? Did you make that up?”

In the Message translation of 2Cor 2:16, personalized by mom, it states, “Konnor gives off a sweet scent of Christ and Konnor is recognized by those being saved. But to those who are perishing Konnor is a stench like a rotten corpse.”
“Cool!”

“A wise soldier in God’s regiment equips himself.” Indignation rises up in me. That same scripture in the Amplified version says, “Konnor is God’s trophy and Christ always causes Konnor to triumph!”

“I feel more like Barney Fife.” Konnor twits.

“Ha! Don’t surrender to feelings, they’re fickle, my sour pickle.”

“Gag.”

The Message also states, “Konnor is moving from place to place in a perpetual victory parade, and through Konnor the knowledge of Christ is known.”
A shrill class bell resonates in my ear.

“Quickly, how do I get through this junk?” Konner implores.

Your praying mother. “Stand! Take up your sword! Atheism! You Antichrist spirit!” thrusting my finger in the air, “you embody the word heist; to seize Konnor’s mind! I resist you, in Jesus name!”

“Ok….don’t get weird with all that devil voodoo,” he sports, “the corpse was enough.”

“The battle begins with vain imaginations, son.” I scorned kindly. “By Pittious tripping you and desecrating his office, righteousness shall decapitate his exalted position.”

A force to be reckoned with, the Apologetic are regurgitating intellectual skepticism spoon fed to our college youth, reversing the genocidal effects in our children’s hearts. The passion kindling their conviction could be expressed through the Apostle Paul:

“What is more, I consider everything a loss because of the surpassing worth of knowing Christ Jesus my Lord, for whose sake I have lost all things. I consider them garbage that I may gain Christ.” Philippians 3:8 NIV

Within its ink black foundational walls of GRAVITY is a compassionate rendition of our Creator’s intelligence. Through its blood red script, skillful petitions, recent discoveries, and website forums, this resurrection of absolutes exhumes the fragrance and knowledge of Christ of Alpha and Omega proportion.

Frank Turek of crossexamine.org offers quantum hope and brilliant insight into the faithless youth condition renegade in this nation. With courtroom style rebuttals Turek scrutinizes heresy on campus platforms declaring:

“Even without this Bible, there is proof God exists!”

Mary Toll
Platinum 51483

http://author4christ.blogspot.com/

http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157483

Shann

Re: Equipped to Defend- Deadline 25 entries or 6pm 3-14-13

Postby Shann » Sun Mar 10, 2013 9:51 pm

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING

Riley grabbed her phone. “Mom, please come get me. I hate it here.”

“Oh Riley, you picked a Christian college for a reason.”

Sighing, Riley punched her pillow. “Mom, all anyone talks about is parties.”

“There’s nothing wrong with that. Parties are a great way to meet people.”

Swallowing back a scream, Riley closed her eyes. “How can you be so dense? I’m not talking about balloons and cake; I’m talking about kids getting drunk and puking everywhere. I’m talking about stoners pounding on my door and swearing.”

Sniffing, Mom paused. “You don’t need to be nasty, Riley. Don’t let a few rotten apples spoil this experience for you. Plus you’re in a substance-free dorm. Mingle with your suite-mates.”

Riley threw her body against the wall. “You’re not listening. The only reason why most kids are in this dorm is because their mommies filled out their forms. The kids think it’s a joke that their parents don’t know that they get wasted every night.”

“What about church?”

The tears coursed down Riley’s cheeks. “Mom, the church here isn't like ours. The minister screams. Then kids jump up, wave their hands, and pretend to speak in tongues. Please, Mom, come get me.”

Mom softened her tone. “I’ll make you a deal. Try harder to make friends; if you still want to come home, we’ll talk. Just because others are drinking, doesn't mean you have to. Try to meet more people, okay?”

“Do I have a choice?” Riley tossed the phone on her bed and sobbed into her pillow.

Later, her roommate, Jenny, plopped down next to her. “Hey, wanna come to the party with me? Mark from Bio is going.”

Sitting up, a smile spread across Riley’s face. “Hot Mark? Are you sure you don’t mean Creepy Mark?”

Jenny laughed, and pulled Riley to her feet. “Yes, Hot Mark. He even asked if you were coming.”

When they got to the party, Riley’s heart pounded as she choked on the cigarette smoke. Mark met her at the door with a cup. “Here, I know you don’t like to drink, so I brought you some Coke.”

Attempting to lick her lips, Riley’s tongue stuck to the roof of her mouth. She guzzled the soda as Mark led her to a couch. Suddenly, the room started spinning; she blinked her eyes.

The pounding headache woke Riley. Her stomach lurched when she noticed her clothes scattered across the floor of a strange room.

As she ran back to her dorm, flashes of Mark kissing her made her sick. Trembling, she collapsed in bed. Her eyes drifted to her purity ring. She yanked it off and threw it across the room. Lifting her head she screamed, “God, why didn't you protect me? What kind of a god are you?”

Later, Riley plopped down in front of her computer and noticed a seminar was being held the next day. She clicked on the website CrossExamined.. Maybe she would give God one last chance--maybe.
`````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````````
There are too many stories like Riley’s happening every day across colleges everywhere. See what you can do to help kids remain faithful.
Learn more here: http://share.snacktools.com/58EEC9D9E8C/fznszl89

Shann Hall-LochmannVanBennekom
Platinum Member 46721

http://www.facebook.com/groups/23829308 ... 974800854/
http://www.faithwriters.com/article-det ... ?id=157510
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Melinda
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Equipped to Defend-

Postby Melinda » Tue Mar 12, 2013 12:07 am

My Boy's Faith

Looking down, I see your eyes closed and your tiny little hands clasped. Are you praying? Do you already have a special relationship with your Heavenly father? You are only one month old yet it warms my heart to believe that you do. Could this be God's way of letting me know that He had heard my prayers for you – even before I knew for sure that there would be a 'you'? I so wanted my child to have a seeker's heart.

More than a year has passed. As they wheel you to the front of the sanctuary for the play, in the wagon full of Christmas baby-angels, your smile is beaming and you look so happy to be dressed in your red garland-trimmed white robe. I pray that you keep that happy innocence. I pray you continue to bless others as you have blessed the daycare workers with your sweet disposition.

You are three years old now and it is difficult to hold back the tears as you respond to Miss Marcia's request to come to the front of the church to sing with her one Sunday morning. Being your pre-school teacher, she knew how sweetly you could sing. Completely unafraid, you sing along just as she taught you.... “Blessed be the name of the Lord, He is worthy to be praised and adored...”. It is amazing to me that you are so calm, so uninhibited... so unlike me. Again, I am reminded of my prayers for you. I pray you continue to have that boldness for the Lord.

Though church attendance drops off and there are few attending Sunday School, you continue to go and participate. But I can see that your attentions and enthusiasm are turning in other directions. You are blessed with athletic ability and sports are becoming a big part of your life. I pray that you recognize it is God who blessed you and that you will give Him the glory... and that you won't forget Him.

At thirteen, I am so proud and thankful for the strength and grace you demonstrate in the face of unimaginable trauma. With your Dad now in jail and after enduring days of uncertainty as you were told I may not live, you choose forgiveness. God knew what you would have to endure. He knew that it would take a very special child to endure it.

You are now a young man. Many warned me about the dreaded teenage years. Convinced that I would see no change, I am surprised when my sweet boy has indeed become that somewhat surly teenager. I know God is guarding your heart though. I know this transition is supposed to be part of becoming your own person.

I pray that just as you refuse to back down on the basketball court, that you will not back down when your faith is challenged. And that you will be, not only a leader on your team, but a leader on God's team as well. I pray you are able to boldly articulate a defense of it that is both intelligent and gracious... Souls depend on it.

I pray God will continue to speak to your heart my sweet praying baby boy, and that your life and your faith will continue to bless others and bring glory to Him.

1 Timothy 6:20-21 ESV
20 O Timothy, guard the deposit entrusted to you. Avoid the irreverent babble and contradictions of what is falsely called “knowledge,” 21 for by professing it some have swerved from the faith.

We pray for our children. We raise them in the faith. But as they grow into adulthood they will face assaults on that faith, both subtle and blatant . There is a serious problem of our youth leaving the church.

Crossexamined.org is a non-profit organization that speaks to young people on campuses across the nation, reminding them of their faith. God is using Frank Turek and his team to equip young Christians to defend their faith. They show them why they can believe, and they teach them how to defend what they believe.

If your heart is burdened for young people today, and as you feel led by the Spirit, I urge you to donate today to this very important ministry. It is imperative that we don't lose the children that we have spent our lives praying for.

Still Living Still Loving ~ My Boy
Sharing Faith

Melinda Bozak
Platinum Member
ID 50112

DeboraDyess
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Equipped to Defend- Deadline 25 entries or 6pm 3-14-13

Postby DeboraDyess » Wed Mar 13, 2013 6:00 pm

Stand or Stumble While You Defend Your Faith

I heard a song on the radio that caught my attention this morning. “And if our God is for us, then who can stand against us?” Chris Thomlin sang. The words, of course, come from Romans 8. They are a call of hope and strength.

But the question got me thinking. Who can stand against us? In America, almost everybody.

American Christians, especially young American Christians, are slammed on every side. They leave the safe womb of our churches and homes to face a pretty hostile world, usually armed with little more than a few remembered words of their pastors and John 3:116.

Now, before you bristle, realize this – three of every four church-going young adults leave the fellowship of believers when they leave home. That’s a seventy-five percent loss. Why are kids leaving?

Once they hit ‘the real world’, our children are faced with lots of questions. Those from outside the faith want to know why they believe what they believe. They want to ask hard questions about God, science and religion. Our kids can’t answer them. The questions get hammered into their hearts and minds. Satan has a foothold, and knows exactly how to take advantage of our children’s lack of knowledge.

Our kids don’t know what to do about it. Do you?

How do we defend our faith in a world that doesn’t acknowledge the authenticity of the Bible? How do we persuade people to even listen to the Gospel of Jesus Christ when we can’t support his worth outside the four walls of the church? Perhaps more frightening as parents, if we cannot give validity to our faith, how long will our kids hold to its truth when we’re not around to help them?

These are the questions that drive Dr. Frank Turek, co-author of ‘I Don’t Have Enough Faith to be An Atheist’. His website, CrossExamined.org, provides answers to life’s most important questions: Is Truth real? Is God Real? Are Miracles Possible? Is the New Testament Real?

But Turek doesn’t stop there. His organization trains speakers who travel to high schools and universities across the US to teach, equip and sway believers and non-believers alike. Using science, philosophy, history and persuasion, these instructors offer insights into the truth of Christianity. Seminars are free, and results are amazing. Not only do young Christians leave with the tools to defend their faith, but non-believers are challenged with the proof of Christianity and often leave with a new understanding of God.

1 Peter 3:15 tells us to always be “prepared to make a defense to anyone who asks you for a reason for the hope that is in you.” With the massive exodus of youth from the faith, it is clear that we have fallen far short of that commandment.
If you want to be equipped to defend the faith, to have your children stand strong and to influence the world for God, it’s time to act.

Find out why it takes more faith to be an atheist than a Christian. Request a speaker for your university, school or church and take a few minutes to read a new flip-book with the information you’ll need to answer anyone who asks about the hope you have in Christ.

Debora Dyess
Gold 18250
Article is also posted here –
http://www.faithwriters.com/myaccount/a ... review.php
http://www.bellaonline.com/articles/art48116.asp

<a href="http://www.crossexamined.org/">Present the evidence at my church.</a>
<a href="http://share.snacktools.com/58EEC9D9E8C/fznszl89">Read the facts for free and pass them on.</a>

lcclewis
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Equipped to Defend- WINNERS ARE HERE NOW!

Postby lcclewis » Thu Mar 14, 2013 6:03 pm

I had to finish even if I was late.

Why I Believe In God

I was born again and started speaking in tongues when I was nine. As far back as I can remember I was taught about our magnificent God and his son, Jesus, and God’s word, the Holy Bible. In grammar school I told people about Jesus. In Junior High school I took my Holy Bible to school and witnessed to my science and biology teachers. In high school I witnessed to other teens when someone needed hope and encouragement.

One day someone asked me to prove that the bible is true and that God is real. I wanted to tell him that some of the prophecies in the bible have already come to pass. And that I personally know that God is real because I have seen miracles. I have been healed. I know peace, love, joy and other fruits of the Spirit. I speak in tongues. And I have seen how becoming a Christian changes people for the better and helps people stop bad habits. But I couldn’t prove it. I just said, “I am alive because God made a way for me to live after I had flipped out of a raft just as we were going over a small waterfall at Nantahala Gorge. And when I was little God completely healed me over night from excruciating pain and urinating blood. .” I left it at that.

But you don’t have to feel like you don’t have concrete evidence that our God is real and the Holy Bible is true. A man named Frank Turek has written a book titled, ‘I Don’t Have Enough Faith To Be An Atheist,’ and he and his partners have a non-profit organization called Cross Examined. Their website is www.CrossExamined.com. On their website they have many free videos which will teach you what to say to non-believers who question your faith from a scientific and historic standpoint. These videos offer a massive amount of information. You don’t have to do anything or give any information to view them. You just click on media; then click on videos; then click on which video that you want to watch and click play. Just three of the videos, ‘Evidence of God,’ ‘Fingerprints’ and ‘Faith Is Not Enough,’ provide more than enough scientific and historic evidence that God is real and the Holy Bible is true than you will probably need.

Cross Examined also offers a Free Online Video Linked Flip Book, ‘Gravity – True For You But Not For Me.’ You can find it on their website or view it at http://snack.to/fznsz/89. It is a very interesting flip book that I am sure you will enjoy reading and watching the videos. The

Cross Examined Ministry will also, upon your request, send someone to your school or college to hold a seminar teaching the same information that they offer on their website.

It is the mission of Frank Turek and his partners at Cross Examined to equip people with the knowledge that they need to defend their faith. We learn in I Peter 3:15 why we should defend our faith. I Peter 3:15 But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts: and be ready always to give an answer to every man that asketh you reason of the hope that is in you with meekness and fear:

Don’t let anyone trick you out of your relationship with God. God has already defeated the darkness that is in this world. All that we have to do is claim it through our risen Lord and Savior, Jesus Christ. When faced with a big question that you don’t know the answer to, put it in God’s hands. I want to leave you with the following scripture. I hope that you will remember it when faced with non-believers. Ephesians 6:10-18 Finally, my brethren, be strong in the power of his might. Put on the whole armour of God that ye may be able to stand against the wiles of the devil. For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand. Stand therefore, having your loins girt about with truth, and having on the breastplate of righteousness; And your feet shod with the preparation of the gospel of peace; Above all, taking the shield of faith, wherewith ye shall be able to quench all the fiery darts of the wicked. And take the helmet of salvation, and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God: Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, and watching thereunto with all perseverance and supplication for all saints.

URL's you need to visit: http://www.crossexamined.org/ and http://share.sancktools.com/58EEC9D9E8C/fznszl89

Written By: Lisa Collier Clewis on March 14, 2013

Member Number: 255141

Gold Membership

Article is also posted at: http://cclewis.wix.com/God-Loves-You/apps/blog

Previous

Return to Writing/Blogging Contests for Paid Writing Opportunities