To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Non-native speaker in Italy looking for buddies...

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Milly Born
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Non-native speaker in Italy looking for buddies...

Postby Milly Born » Sun Apr 20, 2014 4:05 pm

Hello there,

I'm new to FaithWriters and so glad I discovered you all! Although I'm about to have my first book printed with WestBow, I'm well aware that “printed” doesn't equal “published” and, at times, I feel insecure about my writing, especially about the grammar. Wish I’d found and joined you earlier!

Originally, I’m from the Netherlands, but I’m blessed to live in Italy with my husband and our daughter.

Years ago, somebody told me that I would write and that God would touch many people’s hearts through my words. Although I have always loved to write, it was only last year that I knew what to write (to start with). I choose to write in English, because not many people in the world understand the Dutch language and my written Italian is not good enough--yet. I wanted to give God a huge potential audience :D !

I have noticed that, lately, only few people are active on this forum, but I hope to find some buddies who can help me grow. In exchange, I can offer you constructive feedback about structure and content. My English isn’t perfect, but I’m a good reader!

If you want to know more, feel free to check out the blog that I created to support my about-to-be-self-published book: http://destinationitaly.wordpress.com

Blessings from Umbria!
Milly Born
Witnessing, worshipping...writing.

Oh give thanks to the Lord; call upon his name;
make known his deeds among the peoples!
--Psalm 105:1

DustBSH
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Non-native speaker in Italy looking for buddies...

Postby DustBSH » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:03 am

Hi Milly
God bless you. Just saw your post today as I applied myself for a Buddygroup as well. The Netherlands? Ha, that's where I am from. I have been part of Faithwriters for about a month now and so far it has been a great blessing. I do a lot of my writing in Dutch as I hope to reach the people here, but obviously for Faithwriters it all has to be done in English.
Love to hear from you.
Kind regards
Koos

Milly Born
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Non-native speaker in Italy looking for buddies...

Postby Milly Born » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:25 am

Ciao Koos! Great to meet you here! Hopefully some native speaker will join us too, otherwise we'll end up inventing our own, "Dutchy", English. Anyone?

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups