To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Looking For Some Buddies - I'm New Here

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Debb Loesel Stanton
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Looking For Some Buddies - I'm New Here

Postby Debb Loesel Stanton » Sat Jun 01, 2013 7:42 pm

Hello everybody,
I joined FaithWriters today and am wondering if I may join a buddy group? I am at the level directly above beginner.

Thank you,
Debb (Debbie Loesel Stanton)

JMcCauley
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Looking For Some Buddies - I'm New Here

Postby JMcCauley » Tue Jul 02, 2013 2:10 am

Hi Debb,

I'm looking for a buddy as well. I am just getting started in the Writing Challenges and would like to find a buddy or two. Have you had any luck in getting connected with a group?

Let me know if you are interested in joining forces - :typing2

Jennifer

DebbieLoeselStanton
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby DebbieLoeselStanton » Thu Jul 04, 2013 8:33 pm

Hi! I can't see your message on this screen, but I think you said your name is Jennifer? :) I am SO sorry I have not responded to your answer sooner than this!

No one else has contacted me yet, and I am so glad you did! I don't know your schedule or amount of time you have available for your writing buddies. Since I am so new to this, I'm guessing that I will put as much time into it as I need for help and to be an encouragement for you.

There are so many contests to enter on here! Nice but Intimidating at the same time. I'd like to try for the testimony one whose deadline is July 20th. I also have a few possibilities for paid assignments that I'd like to tackle - but time has been in short supply lately. I write my blog daily, a mealtime prayer blog weekly for my elderly father-in-law, and a story blog approximately every other day with another blogger. I also work fulltime too and am expecting an overnight guest for my birthday next week so we're trying to get our house just right for her visit. :) If my mother were still alive, she would be saying, "You're too busy. Be careful, or you will get sick!" But I've heard that busy people find time to do things that are really important to them. :) Hope I don't scare you off, my life isn't as difficult as it sounds. I really feel like the Lord inspired me to come to FaithWriters. I look forward to hearing from you again. :) Blessings, Debb

Mike Newman
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Mike Newman » Mon Aug 05, 2013 11:08 pm

This thread appears to be getting a little dated, are challenge buddy groups not cool anymore? :tongue

I would love to have a couple/few people that would allow me to review their potential entry and in turn review mine. I am new to the craft and need as much honest feedback as I can get.

Did you two ever link up? Care for a third?

Thanks,
Mike

amilli
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby amilli » Wed Sep 18, 2013 1:29 pm

Wheew! Finally find the Challenge Buddy Post!!!

I've been scrolling through the list here & realize this is actually the most recent thread. The rest are dated back to 2011 & 2012 so I figure they've already establish a group.

Sooooo, is it OK if I join this group? :D I recently joined & have already made my 1st entry in the writing challenge....guess that makes me a level 1. Well I do a lil bit of both, Poetry & Prose, so I have no problem critiquing either. I would just ask for a 24 to 48 hrs response time frame in order to be very effective.....Let me know!
Amelia

My writing is a passion, not a hobby!

Mike Newman
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby Mike Newman » Fri Sep 20, 2013 8:56 pm

Amelia,

I never heard from either of the two people who posted in this thread, so I'm not sure if they ever formed a group. But if they did, I'm not a part of it! :D

As important as critique/buddy groups are, it does seem that there really isn't an active thread of people looking for them.

Maybe the moderator can jump in and let you know if there is another thread where this is happening??

Mike

Shann

Postby Shann » Fri Sep 20, 2013 9:37 pm

There aren't as many active groups out there. Most of the ones I know all kind of disappeared. What I encourage people to do is find a writer they respect and send them a PM asking if they would like to be their buddy. If you still need one, I know a couple of people who I might be able to hook you up with. Also don't be afraid to start your own group. I'm not super technical, but when we had our group we did it through yahoo chat or something. I'd invite you to join, but it's been ages since anyone has been active in it. I tend to procrastinate big time, often waiting until the last minute (literallY) :mrgreen: Send me a PM if you need help finding some people to work with!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

amilli
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby amilli » Sun Sep 22, 2013 3:50 pm

I think your right Mike, not many active groups around....but am serious about getting & giving some help so if your ready we can get a group started. Am not sure what level u are at but we can invite some other levels as well.

I don't know if u had already PM Shann? But am gonna go ahead and do that so she can help us find some others as well.
Amelia

kipphelps
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby kipphelps » Mon Feb 10, 2014 11:42 pm

I joined FW yesterday. I'd like to enter the Dead End contest and would like a critique. I probably need a grouchy - as opposed to gentle - reviewer. Thanks.

amilli
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby amilli » Tue Feb 11, 2014 7:30 pm

Well I'm neither grouchy or gentle...I'm honest & straight-forward. If you need that, let me know. I'll take a look. 8)
Amelia

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups