To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Private Buddies' Groups

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Colswann1
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Private Buddies' Groups

Postby Colswann1 » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:41 am

Have you got to have an invite once the groups are set up - and have you to contact the organiser if you want to be considered for a private invite group - so should there be a list of organisers as contacts?
Last edited by Colswann1 on Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
Colin Swann

Jesus’ love is constant and never wavers.

gemstone

Re: Private Buddie Groups

Postby gemstone » Sat Oct 08, 2011 11:40 am

Hi Colin,

I think it's less formal than the 'invite only'. Maybe, more of a 'welcome mat'.

Having said that, let me invite you to be a part of a group I've started, Relevant Review. Tricia Protzman (level 3) is on board and we are seeking a strong writer like you to come along with us. We want to add a Level 1 and Level 2 to help along.

Our group will stay close to its name. We want our reviews to be relevant to the challenge grading system. It's our desire to do more than the pat on the back that often is the comment. We're wanting meaty feedback.

I have always followed your writing as I think you're one of the best on FW. I also know you are true to your style. :coolsign :coolsign Join us and let's work on helping a couple younger writers as we learn and hone our skills from one another.

Mona

RedBaron

Re: Private Buddies' Groups

Postby RedBaron » Sat Oct 08, 2011 12:39 pm

People are setting up their own groups and doing it however they want. In my case, I set up a Yahoo group for my buddies and myself to make it easier to contact each other, at once, or individually. This also keeps our work from being posted anywhere openly.

Each group is free to set things up the way they want. They can use the PM here, e-mail, FB, whatever they want.

People are just posting that they want buddies and teaming up with people. Everybody is their own organizer :)
<><
Shari
FW 500 Member

"...hunt like a spider..." Cori - FW Con '07

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Postby Deb Porter » Sun Oct 09, 2011 2:24 am

Yes, Colin. It's totally informal. Everyone will find a way to form groups that works for them. If you can't find a group, just put out a request to start a group here on the boards. It doesn't mean you have to organize it. Just that you want to get one up and running.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

lish1936

Postby lish1936 » Sun Oct 09, 2011 7:51 pm

Actively seeking Level 3 Buddy for a new multi-genre group currently composed of two - Level 1 and Level 4. Please post your interest on this thread.

Thanks,

Lillian :thankssign
E-Book - Retirement Lane - How to Celebrate Life After 60

Fortunate 500

I write even when I think I can't, because I must. :-)

I love to write. Nothing escapes the crush I have on the written word. I'm hooked on words!!

"Let words bewitch you. Scrutinze them, mull them, savor them, and in combination, until you see their subtle differences and the ways they tint each other." Francis Flaherty

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups