To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Looking for a buddy

Become a part of a Challenge Buddy Group today and work with other members to fine tune your entry (and help them do the same).

Moderators: Deb Porter, RedBaron

Dave Walker
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Looking for a buddy

Postby Dave Walker » Mon Jan 07, 2013 6:18 am

Greetings from the fairest Cape (Cape Town). I have just published my book, God in the ICU, which took me out of the Challenge for quite a while, but I am raring to go again and really like the idea of iron sharpening iron. Since I have published (with no formal writing training), I guess that makes me at least a level 2. I will mainly be writing prose, although I enjoy the occasional poetry. I would love to hear from anyone interested.

Shann

Re: Looking for a buddy

Postby Shann » Sat Jan 19, 2013 12:33 am

I have had a few people contact me, looking for a buddy. If you want to send me a PM, I can either hook you up with some of those people. I also know some people who have a nice critique group going that you might want to check out.

Here are some links that might help you find someone too.

viewtopic.php?f=90&t=33909 You may want to post it on the board or PM some of the people who have responded recently.

There is one I'm involved in, but a lot of the people have not been writing very much so it may not get you as much feedback as some of the other groups. Let me know though, and I'll try to connect you with it, if you're interested.

You may want to look into this thread. It has some great writing tips in it. Jan's Writing Basics

Amy Wiley has written a great little booklet to help people with the show don't tell concept. It's quite reasonable. I think it's $3 for the ebook and around $9 for a paperback (including shipping) here is the link to that: http://www.sparrowsflight.net/Amys-books.htm

I hope this helps some. Let me know if you need any more help.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Challenge Buddy Groups