To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Pride

For those who like to discuss and debate theology. This is a forum for people who enjoy strong and lively debate with people who may not be likeminded. Participants are requested to always treat other opinions with respect.

Moderators: mikeedwards, cori67, RedBaron

jo555
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Pride

Postby jo555 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:04 pm

I don't have much time to write anymore, but lately been wanting to write something on pride. Basically, I've been contemplating how pride is to sin like love is to the commandments. Like, how all the commandments are fulfilled in God's love. So, all sin is found in pride.

And, I do believe it starts with getting the focus off of God, and onto ourselves.

Anyone disagree?
Why?
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Re: Pride

Postby jo555 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 1:07 pm

Also, at the risk of sounding complacent about sin, I've also stated in the past that I don't believe God is counting our sins against us, but pride is still a stench in his nostrils . . . and when we understand grace (not saying I have a complete handle on it), we can see why.
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Re: Pride

Postby jo555 » Sun Jun 22, 2014 12:28 pm

Haven't had the time to dive into it, so if anyone knows of a decent one that I may be interested in that covers this topic, and it is available to share, feel free to send it my way. Thanks.

Return to Theology Discussion and Chat