To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Jezebel

For those who like to discuss and debate theology. This is a forum for people who enjoy strong and lively debate with people who may not be likeminded. Participants are requested to always treat other opinions with respect.

Moderators: mikeedwards, cori67, RedBaron

jo555
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Jezebel

Postby jo555 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:38 am

I think I have the gift of discerning of spirits (which is different from discernment that is matured through the Word and maturity).

Anyway, I don't often speak on such things as I feel that spirits are but a manifestation of a deeper issue. And, I think it all boils down to the condition of the heart / motivation, and if it is connected to the Lord's heart in Christ.

Although, I'm thinking I personally need to take more time out to grow in that area, etc (spiritual issues of such nature).

That said, competition and Jezebel, do they go hand in hand?

I don't often get names. In fact, I think this is only the second time I actually had a name attached to what I saw, and both were in dreams.

In the first one I saw a well known tv pastor teaching. Although, he stopped as he sensed a spirit not allowing the people to hear. He took time to rebuke the spirit, which he called by some foreign name. When he came around again to speak, I heard "symbolism", which I believe the Lord was revealing to me the type of spirit he was dealing with in his church. When he spoke again (after dealing with the spirit), a bunch of people went to the alter and fell on their faces in repentance. I sensed that they were so convicted it was like an irresistible force propelling them to the front to repent; like they just had to get clean. I do believe this dream was from the Lord.

So this other dream with Jezebel . . . I saw a group of writers in a competition. There was one lady in there that wanted to be on top as the best writer and such. I heard her name - Jezebel.

Anyway, I don't always know if the Lord is pointing something out in me, or with another, or both. Sometimes it is more apparent, other times not. I will say that I have felt the pull to compete, the temptation, and I do know it is an impure motive. I don't believe I've always passed the test, but overall I feel I do catch these things and have stepped back when I felt myself leaning that way.

Either way, as I said before, I think the deeper issue in these things is always the heart condition; the motivation of the heart (and then how in tune it is with the Lord's). I believe it is most important to always check the condition of our hearts, and avoid competing MOTIVES, and any other impure motives.

Anyway, can't say this Jezebel dream was from the Lord. Me thinks, but unsure. When I awoke though I was a bit perplexed because I didn't associate Jezebel so much that way . . .
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Re: Jezebel

Postby jo555 » Tue Feb 18, 2014 9:48 am

Just in case I lost you . . .

How would the competing motive and Jezebel go hand in hand (If you see that, that is)?
People may be right in their own eyes, but the Lord looks upon the heart - Proverbs

jo555

Postby jo555 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:03 am

I was reading a summary of JP Jackson's book, The Jezebel Spirit, and in there it said that Jezebel's desire is to be number one. That is what that lady in my dream was aiming for. If a dream from the Lord, I don't know if she is a person, or a spirit, or maybe both. And, sometimes in my dreams a person can represent more than one person (like a similar group of people). Yet again, I don't know if the dream came from the Lord. I haven't studied spirits, but look into it as the Lord brings it up.

I'm still a busy gal these days, yet I have had to totally quit my job so that I can care for parents better (difficult for ma to handle pa's needs by herself for a lengthy time). So, I am finding some extra time.

And keep me in your prayers for financial support. Pa takes care of the home expenses and helps me . . . and then on one of my last days at work this dude gave me 100.00 and said the Lord told him to give it to me. When I thanked him and said how I needed it. He turned around and gave me 200.00 more. God is showing me his faithfulness. May I be faithful in my faith in Jesus name.

jo555

Postby jo555 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 10:05 am

Gotta go as parents are calling, wanted to add one more thing, but later, God willing.

tomoral

Postby tomoral » Wed Feb 19, 2014 8:19 pm

You are in my thoughts and prayers. I care for my elderly aunt who has early stages of dementia. Some days it seems like she might be graduating to mid stages and beyond. :?

I will pray for your needs.

Jezebel sounds like me in the sense she feels the need to be number one. I always felt that way growing up because I never was. Now, I am happy just to be. God is so good! :superhappy

Keep the faith, girl. Keep the faith. :thumbs

Blessings....
God Bless the beasts and the children
Give them shelter from the storms.
Children are our tomorrow
Keep them daily from the sorrow
Of the beasts in life

http://www.faithwriters.com/websites/my ... p?id=57394

jo555

Postby jo555 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:13 pm

Well, I skimmed through the story in the bible (must take out time for a decent prayerful study), and I couldn't see a clear link, except maybe where she killed off the Lord's prophets.

Either way, heart motivation is important and I don't believe the desire to be number one should drive us (believe all would agree).

And I believe probably everyone has felt that desire sometime in life, so it doesn't necessarily mean it is a problem, just part of the fallen nature.

I believe it becomes an issue when one allows it to drive them. God's love is to be the driving force in our lives.

Anyway, been skimming through this topic today and it has been an unfruitful thing. I'm preoccupied with other things. I'll keep it in prayer though and see what happens.

Thank you for your prayers.
May God give us the grace and wisdom to help our beloved ones. May He strengthen us to continue to serve others.

jo555

Postby jo555 » Wed Feb 19, 2014 11:16 pm

And thanks again for the prayers. Very much appreciated.

(((hugs)))

jo555

Postby jo555 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 9:59 pm

jo555 wrote:I'm still a busy gal these days, yet I have had to totally quit my job so that I can care for parents better (difficult for ma to handle pa's needs by herself for a lengthy time). So, I am finding some extra time.

And keep me in your prayers for financial support. Pa takes care of the home expenses and helps me . . . and then on one of my last days at work this dude gave me 100.00 and said the Lord told him to give it to me. When I thanked him and said how I needed it. He turned around and gave me 200.00 more. God is showing me his faithfulness. May I be faithful in my faith in Jesus name.

Sweet Jesus. I just received 7,000 plus today. God is ssssssssssssssssoooooooooooooo good!

I struggled with totally leaving my job because although I had already cut my hours to 2 nights a week (leaving me 2 nights), I made decent money for 2 nights . . . easy decent money. Yet, I knew that if it came to it, I would leave it because my parents came first. I made the decision taking that step of faith too that the Lord would provide, and He is providing beyond what I expected, and so fast. Thank you Lord. I am truly an example of your grace.

My full name is Joanne. Meaning: God is gracious. And, I am such an example of his grace and goodness, and I can be so rotten at times. I call myself his spoiled, rotten child.

I pray I do keep, keeping the faith.

Thanks all, and all who prayed, and Tomoral.

(((hugs))) Big ones!

I cried I was so overjoyed and happy.

jo555

Postby jo555 » Fri Mar 07, 2014 10:05 pm

I know this is the theology section, but I didn't think anyone would mind a follow-up . . . Such a great testimony.

And Netchaplin, I appreciate the reminders of grace. I may not see exactly eye to eye on everything, but I so appreciate the reminders not to become legastic (at least that is what it can speak to me of).

Return to Theology Discussion and Chat