To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Gold Member

If you have just signed up as a FaithWriters Gold member, please stop by this forum and say hello. We want to give you an extra special welcome and thank you.

Moderators: itsjoanne, Shann

WarmPuppy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Gold Member

Postby WarmPuppy » Thu Apr 21, 2011 1:58 pm

Well, I am new to Faithwriters and I jumped in with both feet and joined the Gold Membership. Throughout middle school and high school, I was told that I was a good writer. I even got published by a national magazine my senior year in high school. That was over 25 years ago. Back then, I had romatic dreams of becoming a world-famous novelist. I stopped writing altogether for many years and only in the past few years have I started journaling with any regularity. That brings me here where I am seeking God's will for my life. Now writing has a much greater purpose than fame. I am hoping that God wants to use my love of writing for Him, but am tempered by the possibility that He doesn't. I don't know if my writing is any good, or if my "gift" can be revived.
After fighting with it all week, I completed the "Handout" challenge. I almost attached an apology to it, because I have no idea if it's any good at all. The goal was to complete it, and I submitted it with tears of joy in my eyes. :superhappy I am looking forward to meeting you all, and hope that I can be the encourager as much as the encouraged.
God Bless!
Janet
Happiness is a WarmPuppy. Charles M. Schulz

Shann

Re: Gold Member

Postby Shann » Sat Apr 23, 2011 11:38 am

Don't ever apologize for your writing! It comes from your heart and is a part of you. If you do get some constructive feedback, try not to be hurt or discouraged. At least 99% of those who leave comments do it tohelp you become a better writer .I know for me, at times it felt like I was stabbed in the heart. But once I could book at it rationally I was like Duh, why didn't I think of that. There was one time when a couple of people mentioned I should switch my sentence structure up. Every new paragraph began with the character's name or she, once I looked closer almost every sentence began that way. That critique has helped mea lot.

Do you know about? There's a thread by that name where we give clues to which story is ours Then we read the other Clues and find their stories and comment It's like A scavenger hunt. It's also another great way to improve your own writing. It's a bit scary at first but it does help. We have to want til the judges are done and Deb gives the all clear. Usually it's on Fri. but last I checked it want upyet.Good luck and again welcome :welcome
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

FirstLove
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby FirstLove » Sat Apr 23, 2011 3:09 pm

WarmPuppy wrote:or if my "gift" can be revived.

Janet, :welcome Your post brought tears to my eyes. Looks like we joined FaithWriters about the same time, and I also haven't done as much with my writing as I planned when I was a high school and college student some years back.

I believe your gift will be revived, because it's a desire of your heart, and Faithwriters is such a great place to help it along!

I look forward to reading your work on FaithWriters. Just think, we have some years behind us now and will be able to glean from many experiences. We are ALL learning here and it is so much fun! Have you written for the "Outstanding" challenge yet? If not, jump right in! :thumbs

Keep writing!

Love,
Debbie :superhappy
Debra (Debbie) Hindman

Luke 1:3 Amp.
"...It seemed good and desirable to me, [and so I have determined] also after having searched out diligently and followed all things closely and traced accurately the course from the highest to the minutest detail from the very first, to write an orderly account for you, most excellent Theophilus..."

http://starvenuscrochet.blogspot.com/
I am DebraKay2010 on Ravelry.com if you are a member there.
http://www.ravelry.com/projects/debrakay2010

Writetrack
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Postby Writetrack » Sun Apr 24, 2011 6:22 am

Welcome, Janet! I think it's awesome that you're here and have jumped back into this writing thing. This may just be God's timing for you to realize that dream you had in high school.

You go, girl! :)

WarmPuppy
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby WarmPuppy » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:56 pm

Writetrack, thanks for the warm welcome and encouragement. You guys are all so nice!
Shann, Thanks for the information about the clues. I am still trying to figure my way around that and the rest of the website. I feel like I have so much to learn! I may be posting some questions if I don't get it soon. And I have to say, Shann, that you were the first to leave a comment on my Handout entry, and I just wanted to reach out and hug you! So, thank you for that as well.
Debbie, I was encouraged very much by your words, as our lives seem to have taken a similar track, at least as far as writing goes. I really look forward to getting to know you better! God is showing me that anything is possible, and waiting on the Lord is EVERYTHING! And thanks for the heads-up on the Outstanding challenge. I kept looking for the new challenge in the forum, but your post made me realize it was some place else on the site. :oops: I did finally find it.
I can't thank you guys enough!
Happiness is a WarmPuppy. Charles M. Schulz

Return to New to the FaithWriters Gold Membership