To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

WHAT PART OF ME AM I FOCUSING ON?

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

WHAT PART OF ME AM I FOCUSING ON?

Postby ROBIN » Sun Aug 17, 2014 3:20 am

I don’t know about you but I need God’s grace every moment. Why is this? “For I know that in me (that is, in my flesh,) dwelleth no good thing: for to will is present with me; but [how] to perform that which is good I find not.”(Rom.7:18) If it wasn't for His grace I would be a spiritual statistic. Let’s face it, Jesus is all that grace personifies. When the Father looks at me, He sees Jesus in me. The fact is, I am totally hopeless without Jesus. Some people say if we do our part God will do His part. That is an incorrect statement. Our part is to have more of Jesus. We have no part accept His part. If I have Jesus that is the part the Father is looking at. My part is to have no part. “I” must get out of the way so that He can ‘impart’ all of Himself to me. This Holy Spirit impartation motivates me to pray, read my Bible, resist the devil etc. It’s not “I” but Christ living in me. (Gal.2:20)

I get disappointed in myself many times. The reason I get disappointed in myself is that I focus on myself. Yes, my flesh is utterly disappointing. I reckon it is good that I realize this. I must despair of that part of me. It’s good that I see my flesh as hopeless. When it dawns on me I say,” Ah-Hah! Thank you Jesus, praise you for living in me. You are my good part. The only part that counts.” I must magnify the good part, which is Christ in me the hope of glory. (Col.1:27) When I do this, I do not frustrate the grace of God.(Gal.2:21)

When I start focusing on Jesus and get off my ‘self-righteous’ band wagon, I start growing in grace again. (2 Pe.3:18) The moment I concentrate on how bad I am, the worse I get. I start focusing on the wrong part of me. When I get into that frame of mind I find it triggers a whole host of ungodly utterances and thoughts, such as,” I’m so bad, I’m hopeless, I ‘m making no progress, I’m pathetic, I’ll never be any good, I’ll never make it.” etc. etc. It’s the domino effect.

On the other hand the more I realize my ‘inability’, the more I lean upon Jesus who made up for all my inabilities. He has bridged the gap. Why? “For I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that HE IS ABLE to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day.” (2Ti 1:12b KJV) (Capitals mine.)

What is the secret of recovery when I stumble and fall? I must fall into the Ark, not out of the Ark. I am in Christ therefore I must fall into Him. Before I knew Jesus I was hopeless, fallen and lost. I was outside the Ark. There was absolutely no hope for me. Why? Because, “That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel, and strangers from the covenants of promise, having no hope, and without God in the world:” (Eph.2:12KJV) “But now in Christ Jesus ye who sometimes were far off are made nigh by the blood of Christ.”(Eph.2:13 KJV)

When I focus on Jesus and His grace, I kick start the power of God residing on the inside of me. This generates hope in ‘His ability’ and not mine. His ability is the Spirit of God working in me. I must be more conscious of my righteousness in Christ than my putrefying flesh in all its forms and manifestations. “And if Christ [be] in you, the body [is] dead because of sin; but the Spirit [is] life because of righteousness.”(Rom.8:10)Why? “To wit, that God was in Christ, reconciling the world unto himself, not imputing their trespasses unto them; and hath committed unto us the word of reconciliation.”(2 Cor 5:19) This truth enables me to live in victory,” For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure. (Phl.2:13 KJV)

DeeRedeemed
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Re: WHAT PART OF ME AM I FOCUSING ON?

Postby DeeRedeemed » Thu Oct 02, 2014 11:21 pm

Robin,
This is a wonderful read. Many blessings to you for sharing.
:thankssign

Return to Encouragement from the Word