To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

FLOODED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF LIFE

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

FLOODED WITH THE HOLY SPIRIT OF LIFE

Postby ROBIN » Sat Jul 26, 2014 2:20 pm

The scripture hits the nail on the head when it tells me to, “be vigilant; because your adversary the devil, as a roaring lion, walketh about, seeking whom he may devour: “(1Pe 5:8)
The enemy of my soul is very brazen but also very subtle when given a slight inroad. He is swift to climb in boots and all. He takes his chances, waits for the gap, and comes in like a flood. (Is.59:19) Before I know it I am floundering and flailing my arms frantically crying for Help! In those seconds, minutes, hours and days, I feel invaded, violated and polluted. Toxins course through my veins and I cry out,” O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?” (Rom 7:24)

After many years on the Christian road I have come to realize that it is impossible to overcome the flesh with the flesh by making resolutions and promises. They simply don’t work. Why? Because” It is the spirit that quickeneth; the flesh profiteth nothing: the words that I speak unto you, [they] are spirit, and [they] are life.”(Jn.6:63)

Something else has to take place. A substitution has to take place. There has to be a replacement ‘of’ something ‘for’ something. Anything else is ineffective.

What am I talking about? Let me explain. When I am busy with Bible study and delving into the Word of God, praying in the spirit, what am I doing in actual fact? I am busy renewing my mind. ”And be not conformed to this world: but be ye transformed by the renewing of your mind, that ye may prove what [is] that good, and acceptable, and perfect, will of God.”(Rom.12:2) I am feeding my spirit with powerful spiritual food. I am not giving evil divisive forces a chance to pry open the chinks in my armor. In fact I am fortifying and engulfing myself with the life giving elixir of the Holy Spirit. I feed my spirit with the Life of Christ, so that “When the enemy shall come in like a flood, the Spirit of the LORD shall lift up a standard against him.” (Isaiah 59:19b)

That Standard, Banner or Insignia is that which is planted in me by the Holy Spirit when I read, understand and believe the Good News. That is the substitution, which is the replacement, which is the seed, which is planted, which bares good fruit. The secret to victory is to be flooded with the Spirit of Life in Christ Jesus (Rom8:2) so that when the flood of death comes, in whatever manner vis-a-vis temptation, lust, unbelief and doubt, you name it; the flood of the Spirit will transcend, overwhelm and engulf the enemy. In other words the enemy is invaded and defeated by the Spirit. Sin no longer reigns and peace prevails in my heart. In place of my woeful cry, “O wretched man that I am! who shall deliver me from the body of this death?”Rom.7:24. My victory cry now becomes;” I thank God through Jesus Christ our Lord.” (Rom 7:25a)

My soul, which is my mind, will and emotions, thrives on the polluted water the devil gives me to drink, and if I’m stupid enough to take the toxic cup it results in despondency, hopelessness and every pitiful consequence there is to be had. This is death.
But conversely my soul will thrive on the things of the Holy Spirit. The Holy Spirit feeds me with His life giving nutrient and energizes me to effortlessly live above sin. This is Life.
So the Lords advice to me is:
Robin! “[This] I say then, Walk in the Spirit, and ye shall not fulfil the lust of the flesh.”(Gal.5:16)
and
Robin hear this!...... “But they that wait upon the LORD shall renew [their] strength; they shall mount up with wings as eagles; they shall run, and not be weary; [and] they shall walk, and not faint.” (Isa.40:31)

Return to Encouragement from the Word