To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

A TIME TO REMEMBER: JOY UNSPEAKABLE.

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

A TIME TO REMEMBER: JOY UNSPEAKABLE.

Postby ROBIN » Tue Jul 15, 2014 5:08 pm

There have been so many times in my life where I have been elated. I've punched the air and shouted, YES! It is something that one cannot adequately describe. It is manifested with a feeling of overwhelming relief and satisfaction. I remember when I passed matric after the teachers predicted I would fail. I remember when I was chosen for the Provincial Currie Cup swimming team and made captain. I remember when I got married. I remember when our children were born. I remember when I faced financial ruin and the Lord came to my rescue. I remember when the Springbok rugby team won the 1995 and 2007 world cups. I remember how many times we came through pressing and potential disasters at the work place. I remember when the Lord protected my son Matthew when he rode his bicycle into a car.

Above and besides all these things, nothing can compare to remembering when I first made Jesus Christ the Lord and Saviour of my life. That was the day when I was born from above and was reconciled to God. I remember when I was Baptized with the Holy Spirit and mightily re-filled with the Holy Spirit years later. I remember when I came to a fuller knowledge and understanding of the Grace of God.
But today I remember with pure joy and gratefulness of what I have and who I am in Christ. These truths produced a joy unspeakable. “Whom having not seen, ye love; in whom, though now ye see [him] not, yet believing, ye rejoice with joy unspeakable and full of glory:” (1Pe 1:8) They conjure up in me a sense of such wonder and amazement that can only be expressed by Jesus when He spoke to the Samaritan woman at the well. Jesus said: “He that believeth on me, as the scripture hath said, out of his belly shall flow rivers of living water.” (Jhn 7:38)

THE GOOD NEWS I remember today, with humility and faith is that:
I am a new creation in Christ.
I am reconciled to God.
I am the righteousness of God in Christ Jesus
I have been saved by grace through faith.
I don’t have to earn my salvation, it is a gift.
I don’t have to rely on my works to get into heaven.
Eternal Life began the moment I received Christ.
I am accepted in the Beloved.
Christ will never condemn me.
God loves me unconditionally.
I am totally forgiven of all my sins, past present and future.
By His stripes I am healed.
I can resist the devil and don’t have to fall into sin.
I have the very Godhead, Father, Son and Holy Spirit living in my spirit.
Old things have passed away.
In Christ there is no darkness.
In Christ there is only light.
I have been purchased by Jesus and belong to him now.
I have hope and joy and peace.
I am an ambassador for Christ.
Old things have passed away all things are new.
Because I’m in Christ: The Father sees Jesus in me.
I have the resurrection power of Christ in me.
I can lay hands on the sick and they will recover.
I need never fear.
I need never fear death.
I have been given the spirit of power and soundness of mind.
I have the mind of Christ.
I walk by faith and not by sight.
I have a new identity in Christ.
I have been given the ministry of reconciliation.
If I sin, I have Christ as my advocate.
I can lay off the old man and put on the new man which is conformed after Christ.
I have the Word of God to renew my mind.
Jesus has given me life, abundant Life.
I have the Holy Spirit springing forth from my innermost being.
I can reckon myself dead to sin.
I can praise the Lord.
The Lord is my Shepherd.
Jesus is my hiding place.
Every promise in the Word is mine in Christ.
I have a heritage in Christ.
I have the Holy Spirit as my Comforter and Guide.
I have powerful spiritual weapons at my disposal to fight the good fight of faith.

And this is just a sample of many spiritual truths that are encapsulated in Christ." And ye shall know the truth, and the truth shall make you free." (Jhn 8:32)
I have only scratched the surface. There are many, many more gold nuggets in the Word of God just waiting to be revealed by the Holy Spirit.
What a privilege!
What a Saviour! These truths ignite in me a pure desire to spread abroad this GOOD NEWS which is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.

Return to Encouragement from the Word