To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

WAITING FOR EVERYTHING TO BE RIGHT IS WRONG.

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

WAITING FOR EVERYTHING TO BE RIGHT IS WRONG.

Postby ROBIN » Wed Jul 02, 2014 4:14 pm

That is so true. Nothing is perfect in this present world and if I am waiting for everything to be right before I make a decision to move in a desired direction then all is wrong. Many people and I include myself, put off, procrastinate, hesitate and lose out. We've had the desire, the potential, the ability, the motivation, the gifting, but just didn't launch. Why is this? It is because our thinking was wrong. We've waited for perfection, for inspiration, for permission, for reassurance, a clear set of instructions, an absence of pain, an absence of risk, for the pain to go away, for more self-confidence, for someone to change, for the right person to come along, the kids to leave home and the list goes on. Not realizing that nothing will be completely right for me to start. To launch out and say “we have a lift off.” I think when I have done this I have smothered a huge amount of potential. Fear of failure and fear of people has been the biggest culprit. Fear of what they may say or think. Fear of looking foolish. This is so wrong. What a waste of opportunity and fulfillment.

But you know what? When we become aware of these wrong perceptions and attitudes and start thinking correctly, ‘we change’ and then ‘things change’.

Now I’m changing tack a bit in my exhortations in this regard by being bold in saying that the same applies to many a person who feels unworthy to approach God. They feel so bad about themselves that they think that in order for them to come to Him they must first clean up and match up, be better and do better. It is the same as saying that in order for me to go to a doctor I must first get better. I must first self-medicate so to speak. It’s totally absurd. It’s the cart before the horse don’t you think? We all have had this erroneous misconception. The devil is very clever. He preaches the doctrine of shape up or ship out. He is very religious. Get right, dress right, give up this, give up that. Conform here, conform there, don’t be fashionable, don’t listen to this, don’t watch that, cut your hair, don’t cut your hair, put that on take that off. It’s so sad and unwise when we try to force people to change instead of letting God do the changing. Grace alone, ignited by the Holy Spirit, changes people. We obliterate and stunt people’s growth before they can even take root by imposing a set of norms and religious values that suit our pious parameters. If we fall for this doctrine we prevent people from experiencing the joy of salvation. It’s a terrible truth to acknowledge. God is not interested in outward appearances. God is very interested in hearts, motives and intentions. He is first and foremost in the Salvation business. He is patient and kind and never ever forces anything on anyone. He just wants the hearts of men. That’s why He sweated blood in Gethsemane. That is why he was brutally treated and suffered more than we can ever comprehend or imagine. It was to capture the hearts of man. Not the outward facade of man. Christ’s only motive was to give His all and ‘love to the utmost’ and ‘deliver completely’ those who were bound. That’s the whole world. That’s you and me. That’s the bottom line.

There are so many scriptures in the Word of God that that tell us the Lord is not looking for perfection in ourselves, that is, our flesh and will power.” Not by might, nor by power, but by my spirit, saith the LORD of hosts.(Zec 4:6b) see also Col.2:20-23. I agree, scripture tells us to be perfect as our heavenly Father is perfect.(Matt.5:48) I agree also scripture tells us to be holy as he is holy (1Pe.5:15).But what does the Lord mean by that? He is informing us that He has already provided for that perfection. You may ask, but how? The answer is, in His Son Jesus. Jesus was perfect and fulfilled perfectly the definition of perfection. He fulfilled that which is and was impossible for us to fulfill. He fulfilled every high expectation and holy standard and requirement. When we have His Son Jesus, God the Father sees perfection in us.

That’s why it is imperative to Have Jesus. Without having Jesus in us we cannot measure up to the relentless uncompromising holy standard of God. If you want to know what those standards are, read the Law of Moses in Leviticus, Numbers and Deuteronomy. God is Holy; extremely holy. But here’s the Good News. He who knew no sin became sin for us that we may be the righteousness of God in Him. This is so important to absorb, to grasp and to understand. Let’s look at the scripture precisely so it can sink in.” For he hath made him [to be] sin for us, who knew no sin; that we might be made the righteousness of God in him. (2.Co 5:21) It is such a pity that many times we cannot see that Jesus epitomizes everything that we require or lack. He is our fulfillment. He is our true identity. He is our burden bearer. He is our sin eraser. He has achieved, therefore we are achievers. He longs to lavish His love upon us without restraint. He wants us to receive freely from His hand, without price.” What does Isaiah say? “Ho, every one that thirsteth, come ye to the waters, and he that hath no money; come ye, buy, and eat; yea, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price.(Isa.55:1) What do we do? We limit Him and are hesitant to approach Him because we believe the lie that says He is unapproachable, stern and angry. No! Stop right there. The scripture says” Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.(Heb4:16) The truth is, He is longing to give us life, joy and ‘soul’ peace in super abundance. Our cup will run over. (Ps.23:5)

When we have Jesus we have total fulfillment. He is the ‘water source’, the ‘fountain head’ of our very existence. “Therefore with joy shall ye draw water out of the wells of salvation.”(Is.12:3) When you have Him and receive His free gift, things change. The things you thought were important before become less important. The things you thought and did which your conscience told you are not expedient, you eventually stop doing. You don’t have to, ‘you want to.’ That’s the difference between the’ Law’: - “Touch not; taste not; handle not ;”(Col.2:21) and ‘Grace’:- I want to because I am enabled , accepted and loved unconditionally.

“For it is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of [his] good pleasure.”(Phil.2:13)

“To the praise of the glory of his grace, wherein he hath made us accepted in the beloved.(Eph.1:6)

“ In this was manifested the love of God toward us, because that God sent his only begotten Son into the world, that we might live through him.”(1.Jn.4:9)

So hear the Lord saying, don’t delay. Feel free ”Come unto me, all [ye] that labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest.(Matt.11:28)

Shann

Re: WAITING FOR EVERYTHING TO BE RIGHT IS WRONG.

Postby Shann » Thu Jul 03, 2014 2:10 pm

This is a beautiful piece. I could definitely relate and felt my cheeks burn (in a good way) when I realized I often use the excuses you mentioned. Then when you started talking about how Satan whispers in our ears, I got goosebumps on my arms. I love your passion and knowledge of the Scriptures. Though this is a bit too long for a devotional, I think with some tweaking and focusing on one aspect, you would end up with two devos--one about making excuses and waiting for the right time and the other about the enemy searching us out and tormenting us. You give wonderful practical advice and your words touched my heart.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: WAITING FOR EVERYTHING TO BE RIGHT IS WRONG.

Postby ROBIN » Thu Jul 03, 2014 4:14 pm

Thank you so much Shann, I take note.

I appreciate your comments.

God bless,

Robin.

Return to Encouragement from the Word