To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

GRACE AND PEACE:THE BOOK ENDS OF SALVATION

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

ROBIN
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

GRACE AND PEACE:THE BOOK ENDS OF SALVATION

Postby ROBIN » Thu Jun 19, 2014 7:25 am

“I create the fruit of the lips; Peace, peace to [him that is] far off, and to [him that is] near, saith the LORD; and I will heal him.” (Isa 57:19)

I noticed in the Epistles of Paul the Apostle, that he begins his letters with Grace and ends them with Grace. For example in the beginning of the book of Galatians he writes,” Grace [be] to you and peace from God the Father, and [from] our Lord Jesus Christ, (Gal. 1:3)
At the end of this Epistle, Paul writes;” Brethren, the grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with your spirit. Amen.” (Gal 6:18)

In the beginning of the book of Revelation John pens the words, “John to the seven churches which are in Asia: Grace [be] unto you, and peace, from him which is, and which was, and which is to come; and from the seven Spirits which are before his throne;” (Rev 1:4) At the end of the book of Revelation John records Jesus’s words,” The grace of our Lord Jesus Christ [be] with you all. Amen. (Rev 22:21)

Grace and peace are the book ends of our salvation. Why? The Holy Spirit is the Spirit of Grace.(Zech 12:10)The fruit of grace is peace. Grace supports, keeps, upholds and energises us. A few years back I got a revelation of the Grace of God. It was life changing to say the least. It renewed my outlook and refreshed my spirit to such a degree that it felt like being born again, again, if that is possible. A resurgence of energy flooded back to my soul and a new zeal, not based on the law but on grace revitalized me. I got my first love back Hallelujah. (Rev.2:4) What is that first love? It is the realization: Only by Grace I am saved. Now that may sound simplistic but it is simply that; going back to that first joy of breathing and receiving the Life of Christ. How did I receive that first love? By Grace through faith. (Eph.2:8) Not trying, not struggling, not burning myself out to please God. No! Just surrendering and basking in the everlasting unconditional love of the Saviour. Grace released such power and peace into my being that it has been an exciting adventure ever since. It is a journey of eternal discovery that brought life and power back into my life.” And with great power gave the apostles witness of the resurrection of the Lord Jesus: and great grace was upon them all.” (Act 4:33)

I encourage those who are burnt out trying and struggling; to pray for a revelation of His grace. He will give it to you, and when he does, it will be like delving into the eternal library of endless possibilities. It will transport you into a realm of infinite glory. That glory will motivate you to dig deep into the Book of Life, the Good News. To search out the hidden treasure of the mystery of His boundless love and grace, Hallelujah. (1Cor.2:7)(Rev.2:17) You will gaze upon the wonderful face of the King of Glory who so desires to ignite you with the flame of Hope. (Ps.24:7)The fruit of this discovery will spur you on to tell others, illustrated by the song that is sung by Don Francisco: “I got to tell somebody, got to tell somebody, what Jesus did for me”
We are encouraged to come out from the bondage of the law. “For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed [is] every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.” (Gal 3:10)
Paul’s mission statement right up until his death was and I quote Acts 20:24 “But none of these things move me, neither count I my life dear unto myself, so that I might finish my course with joy, and the ministry, which I have received of the Lord Jesus, to testify the gospel of the grace of God.”
These are the book ends that should be mine as well: Grace and Peace. Amen.

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: GRACE AND PEACE:THE BOOK ENDS OF SALVATION

Postby Deb Porter » Fri Jun 20, 2014 4:03 am

Yes, grace and peace go together so perfectly. When we truly know His grace in our lives, we will have peace. These days it's way too easy to wear out and burn out (particularly in church life). Understanding His grace helps remove the pressures that push us to works.

Blessings, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Return to Encouragement from the Word