To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Widow's Mite Contest..... A great lesson and opportunity fo

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Acts228
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Widow's Mite Contest..... A great lesson and opportunity fo

Postby Acts228 » Sat Apr 26, 2014 12:03 pm

Widow's Mite Contest.....
:superhappy
A great lesson and opportunity for our youth to shine :D

http://snackpackdevotionsforkidz.blogsp ... ample.html

Set An Example
Let no one despise your youth, but set an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12

--------------------------------------------------

Hey guys! What this verse means is that Jesus has a job for you to do! He wants you to know that even though you are young, you matter! This verse says that you get to set an example for me with the words you speak and the things that you do. You get to teach me what it means to care about others and how to believe and have faith in Jesus. This verse says that even though you are young I should follow your example and that every time you make a good choice to do right I should notice and make good choices as well.

So, what I would like to do is give you a chance to teach me. The verses below tell of a time that Jesus tried to teach His disciples a lesson and I would really like to hear what you think. What do you think Jesus meant when He told the disciples about the widow's mite? How and what does it mean to you or what do you think I should learn from her? I would really like to hear what you think so I am going to have a what I'm going to call the Widow's Mite Contest. The top three submissions will each win a widow's mite coin.

WIDOW'S MITE CONTEST

Then, in the hearing of all the people, He said to His disciples,

"Beware of the scribes, who desire to walk in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."

Then He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.

So He said, "Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty has put in all the livelihood that she had." Luke 20:45-21:4

~ RULES ~ To enter the 'Widow's Mite Contest' you need to talk about it with your parents and make sure you have their permission first! You also must be 13 years old or younger. Then write a paragraph of at least 5 sentences letting me know what you think about the widow and her two mites. Have your mom or dad help you to email it to snacktimedevotions@gmail.com and on the top of the page make sure to include your name, your age, and your address in your submission so that I can send you your coin if you win. All submissions need to be in by 5/1/2014 and winners will be announced by 5/10/2014.

Have fun and God Bless!

Pastor Rie

Deb Porter
FaithWriters and Site Admin
FaithWriters and Site Admin

Re: Widow's Mite Contest..... A great lesson and opportunit

Postby Deb Porter » Sat May 03, 2014 7:00 pm

Hope you got a response to this. It sounded like a good contest.

If you run contests like this in the future, it might be worth contacting FaithWriters direct to see about promoting it through FaithWriters for Kids. Not sure many kids would have seen this post here.

I'd love to hear how the contest turned out.

Love, Deb
FaithWriters' Writing Challenge Co-ordinator

Breath of Fresh Air Press - a little publisher with a lot of heart

Shann

Postby Shann » Sun May 04, 2014 8:07 pm

Oh I wish I had seen this. The kids have been itching for contests and I try to let them know of any. We did just finish the FW contest for kids on April 30 but if you ever want to let the kids know feel free to send me a PM or Amy (Sparrow) as we are both moderators on the site.
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Acts228
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby Acts228 » Sun May 11, 2014 9:06 pm

Winners......
:thumbs :thankssign :coolsign :clap

Set An Example - Widow's Mite Contest
Let no one despise your youth, but set an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity. 1 Timothy 4:12
--------------------------------------------------
Today's message is brought to us by the top three unedited submissions in our "Set An Example - Widow's Mite Contest." (April 16) We would like to thank you all for you submissions! We want to thank you so very much for sharing with us what these verses mean to you. Thank you for setting an example for us with the words you speak and the truths that you have shared with us!

WIDOW'S MITE CONTEST WINNERS

Then, in the hearing of all the people, He said to His disciples,

"Beware of the scribes, who desire to walk in long robes, love greetings in the marketplaces, the best seats in the synagogues, and the best places at feasts, who devour widows' houses, and for a pretense make long prayers. These will receive greater condemnation."

Then He looked up and saw the rich putting their gifts into the treasury, and He saw also a certain poor widow putting in two mites.

So He said, "Truly I say to you that this poor widow has put in more than all; for all these out of their abundance have put in offerings for God, but she out of her poverty has put in all the livelihood that she had." Luke 20:45-21:4
-------------------------------------------------------
Frances Age 10

The rich man was self-centered and gave only a portion of his money. The widow gave all that she had. The rich man thought he was giving more. The woman probably thought she gave the least. She was wrong. Jesus wants us to give all that we have, not just some of it. He wants us to give Him all our attention, not just some.

Gemma Age 6

SHe gave all she had. Because she loved Jesus. Jesus said the widow gave the most out of all. The rich men put lots of money in but the widow put in all she had. We should be like the widow.

Aida Age 6

Well she loves Jesus that she gave all of hear money and he is Love. She did Not care about any thing else But Jesus. The Widow Loves Jesus. Love God Like the Widow. Love Jesus with haert.
--------------------------------------------------------
Lord, I thank you that you for the lesson that You and these young people have brought us today. Lord help us to give you all. Help us to give you not just money but our love and attention as well. Lord help us to be like the widow.

Lord, bless our young contestants with an abundance of grace, mercy, wisdom and understanding. Help them Lord, to let no one despise their youth, and help and guide them to always be an example to the believers in word, in conduct, in love, in spirit, in faith, in purity all their days!

God Bless!!!

Pastor Rie

Shann

Postby Shann » Mon May 12, 2014 9:49 am

Those kids are quite wise!
Shann

Shann's Profile

Sometimes God calms the storm; Sometimes He lets the storm rage and calms His child

Return to Encouragement from the Word