To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Are you struggling to forgive?

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Abby CirclesOfLove
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Are you struggling to forgive?

Postby Abby CirclesOfLove » Fri Mar 15, 2013 10:29 am

Are you struggling to forgive someone who has hurt you so bad? You can't seem to get over the hurt and pain; each day has become a reminder of the things they did against you. I feel you need to hear this.

When you hold back forgiveness from these people; you are still bound/connected to them with the cord of un-forgiveness that you have consciously allowed to tie you together-with them.

I know it’s painful and didn't say it’s easy; but for you to move on in life, you have to let go. There is a kind of grace that God can give to you; the strength to help you to forgive and a healing power to make you whole again. You have to completely surrender your pain and hurt to God, let go to him and wholeheartedly forgive those that have offended you.

I read somewhere that sincere forgiveness isn’t coloured with expectations that the other person apologize or change. One shouldn’t worry whether or not they finally understand you. Love them and release them. Life feeds back truth to people in its own way and time. I can forgive, but I cannot forget, is only another way of saying, I will not forgive. Forgiveness ought to be like a cancelled note – torn in two, and burned up, so that it never can be shown against one.

The wrong has been done, the way forward is to keep looking forward; forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future. Forgiveness does not mean that we suppress anger; forgiveness means that we have asked for a miracle: the ability to see through mistakes that someone has made to the truth that lies in all of our hearts. Forgiveness is not always easy. At times, it feels more painful than the wound we suffered, to forgive the one that inflicted it. And yet, there is no peace without forgiveness.

The love of God is able to conquer everything that life throws at us; we need the willingness and courage to give it our best. In every relationship, your love for each other isn’t enough to hold through storming seas but the love of God can break through every pain, disappointment, and betrayal.

Please think about this.

God Bless.

www.circlesoflove.co.uk

Sharing inspirational stories.
Regards
Abimbola CirclesOfLove

www.circlesoflove.co.uk
Sharing Inspirational Stories.

Return to Encouragement from the Word