To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

I will sing the wonderous story

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

DonnaEdgar
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)
Pencil 5 (200-299 Posts)

I will sing the wonderous story

Postby DonnaEdgar » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:12 am

In trying to find my "gift or gifts" where by I can be a servant and do as the Lord has called me, I have ran into many obstacles. First off, I write poetry and have penned a few articles and I have had some good reviews and very helpful criques (even though my spelling and puncuation is not so great). I hope the Lord has used the things I have written to help someone eles by encouragement, healing a broken heart or forgiving someone who has hurt them, though I may never know while I am on this side of Heaven. Second, I also sing at churches, luncheons, and hope to sing at ladies retreats in the near future. I have only been singing since 2010. When I was a child, I was told to shut-up, that I couldn't sing. So as an adult I would hold my hymnal up close to my face so as not to hurt anyone's ears or have someone turn around and tell me to hush-up. Then one day I was reading in the Psalms and it said "...delight yourself in the Lord and He will give you the desires of your heart..." Well, I pondered over that verus awhile and asked myself just what was the desires of my heart? I prayed and ask the Lord to let me sing to and for Him. Two months later I was doing just that! The first time I was so nervous, I just about fainted. I knew absolutely nothing about breathing or posture. Since then I have become a noteable singer and request are coming in for apperances, I have sang on TV numerous times and the Lord has "sandwhiched" me between two singing groups who have been at it for over 40 years and have sang with gospel greats like the Goodman Family, Issacs, Oak Ridge Boys, the Gaithers and many more, even sang for Billy Graham during his cursades. Gee that really sounds like a brag, but it is'nt meant to be. It's meant to bring glory and praise to God as He is the only reason I am doing this. So now you ask yourselves, Where are the obstacles? The devil will attack anyone, any way or any how he can if you devote your life to God. I have battled my own lack of confidence as well as other people who were used to stop me or try to. The last tme was recent, a pastor told me I was not annointed and I cried deep into my pillow the whole night and vowed I would stop singing. My hot tears spilled down my face as the light of dawn was breaking in the new day. Then the Lord spoke to my heart and said, "It's not about you, it's about me." and if that wasn't enough He went on to say "What if you don't sing and a heart isn't softened or prepared to accept my word and they go to hell?" Folks, that was all it took! I dried my tears and realized the devil will use anyone, any way or any how to stop God's word from going out. So I whispered back to the Lord, "OK, ...from my mouth to every ear that hears. Lord, you be in the middle and I will sing and sing and sing! Since that message there has been a diffrence in the way I sing those songs,...I sing them to the unsaved, the broken hearted and the ones who need to know they are important to God. I sing as if I am singing directly to my Lord. What ever your gifts are don't let anyone tell you that they aren't good enough . There is no unimportant gift, the Lord gave them to you....use them!!
Sing on! Donna

P.S.
Oh, that "pastor", a wolf in sheeps clothing was arrested for DUI and was trying to control me. He now sits over a nearly empty church. It is a sad thing, but common as the last day is growing closer.

Ms. Barbie
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Re: I will sing the wonderous story

Postby Ms. Barbie » Wed Jan 30, 2013 9:54 am

That is quite a testimony! Isn't it scary how Christians tend to shoot their wounded and tear others down? Been there myself. Just keep on doing what you feel is what God is leading you to do.
Barb Culler

Abby CirclesOfLove
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: I will sing the wonderous story

Postby Abby CirclesOfLove » Sun Feb 03, 2013 2:59 pm

I celebrate the gift of God in your life. He has done great things for you, and greater would He do.
Regards
Abimbola CirclesOfLove

www.circlesoflove.co.uk
Sharing Inspirational Stories.

Return to Encouragement from the Word