To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Nothing….Except a little oil.

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Abby CirclesOfLove
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Nothing….Except a little oil.

Postby Abby CirclesOfLove » Fri Jan 04, 2013 11:33 am

Hi there! I would like to share a short story with us; please, read carefully with me.

The wife of a man from the company of the prophets cried out to Elisha "Your servant my husband is dead and you know he revered the Lord. But now his creditor is coming to take my two boys as his slaves."
Elisha replied to her, "How can I help you? Tell me, what do you have (of value) in your house?" “Your servant has nothing there at all," she said, "except a little oil"
Elisha said, "Go around and ask all your neighbors for empty jars. Don't just ask for a few.
Then go inside and shut the door behind you and your sons. Pour oil into all the jars, and as each one is filled, put it to one side."

She left him and afterward shut the door behind her and her sons. They brought the jars to her and she kept pouring. When all the jars were full, she said to her son, "Bring me another one." But he replied, "There is not a jar left." The oil stopped flowing. She went and told the man of God, and he said, "Go, sell the oil and pay your debts. You and your sons can live on what is left." 2 Kings 4:1-7

Did you notice that when the man of God asked her what she had, she said, ‘nothing’? You know, sometimes, we find ourselves in the same situation where we have ‘nothing’. When we are in a tight corner and need help badly and have ‘nothing’ to help us out. But this woman had a little oil, something she never really thought had much value but the man of God told her what to do with it. God used what she had to bless her.

Now, this morning, I want to ask you, ‘What do you have?’ You are facing financial difficulties, what do you have? Some of us think as this woman, we have nothing except….., probably a talent you never thought could yield such benefit to you, a business idea you have ignored, a skill you thought nothing of, a degree you have abandoned, a qualification, a trade you learnt many years ago and the lists goes on and on.

Listen, God will use what you have to bless you; that same thing you have looked down on, the thing you think do not hold any significant value or can do you no good or too small to break out for you. This woman had a little oil but the man of God told her what to do with it. What do you have? Don’t look down on that which is in your hand, work at it. For this weekend, I challenge you to go back and think deeply, what do you have that God can use to bless you? The bible says, ‘your gift will make way for you’.

That which the Lord has deposited into your life will make a way for you, God will cause it to multiply beyond your own imagination, God will cause it to take you places you never would have thought of, and God will cause it to make you stand and seat with kings and princes and not before mere men. God will cause it to be great. Let’s do a quick calculation; zero multiply by ten is what?

Alright, what about one multiply by ten is what? Now, if you have nothing and you multiply it by ten is what? What if you have just one little one and you multiply it by ten, what do you have? I’m sure you get the gist. Don’t look down at what you have; God can use it for your good. You have so much inside of you.

Ultimately, each and everyone of have God; we have the Mighty Man in battle to bless us, we have the Author and Finisher of our faith to guide us, we have the provider, we have a God that does not need permission from anyone to bless us, we have a Redeemer that can restore us back again, we have a Provider that will provide all our needs, we have the ALL Sufficient God; we have a Healer that will heal all our diseases; we have the Commander in Chief to command all our blessings to us, we have God. What do you have?

God bless you for reading.
Abby CirclesOfLove
http://www.circlesoflove.co.uk
Regards
Abimbola CirclesOfLove

www.circlesoflove.co.uk
Sharing Inspirational Stories.

Return to Encouragement from the Word