To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Marriage Forever

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Hope
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Marriage Forever

Postby Hope » Thu May 03, 2012 4:16 pm

]In this era, it is very touching to find a couple who kept their marriage vows for longer twenty-five years. I heard a young female say in her analyzing of her marriage to divorce months. “I just wanted to know what married life was all about.”
There was no mention of love in the three months length of marriage. Oh, my, you cannot know each other well enough in the space of time they were married to each other.
Marriage is honorable and first brought it into life by GOD when HE created Eve from Adam’s rib as it tells us in Genesis 218 And the LORD God said, “It is not good that man should be alone; I will make him a helper comparable to him.” 21 And the LORD God caused a deep sleep to fall on Adam, and he slept; and He took one of his ribs, and closed up the flesh in its place. 22 Then the rib which the LORD God had taken from man He made into a woman, and He brought her to the man. 3: 12 Then the man said, “The woman whom You gave to be with me, she gave me of the tree, and I ate.”
When you marry someone, and do nothing to continue to be married, you have failed to keep your wedding vows as you promised. Doing your maintenance being faithful in your marriage.
Maintenance of a marriage is as important as maintenance of one’s car or home. Without proper caring for the item, it will sooner or later shut down.
From the wedding sermon to the passing away of one union, there are certain things which are said and this makes the spouse happy and appreciated. A situation of tenderness is an endearment “just because, no special reason but to say ‘I love you’”. A smile is much better than a frown; a love pat is much more appreciated than a hit or words of anger.
Thinking of your spouse’s concern and feelings are extremely vital to a good and lasting marriage. When both partners are equally kind and considerate, they are both on the receiving and giving end of affection. Take for instance of a seventy-seven year old Christian female was married to her doctor [friend whom she met on the mission field] for fifty years. They were equally yoked. She had such a beautiful outlook on the responsibility of her marriage. I was amazed that they were not only husband and wife at home, but they both worked in a Hansen Disease hospital in Jerusalem. Listed below are a few of her answers to my questions:

“Does your husband ever pull rank on you in your profession or marriage?” “My husband and I are together in our call to serve the LORD. For any changes which come up, we make a point of discussing these changes together. I am more than free to do what I feel the LORD is telling me and he (husband) is also free to do the same. He is a doctor and his calling must come first, and I am to help him (helpmeet), fit in with his life which has been very demanding. He has never stopped me from doing what I am feeled called to do. I have taught many and counseled their life’s questions and problems. We often counsel and pray together with people.
I asked her, “How do you like being a missionary in Jerusalem?” “We are members of the International Christian Embassy of Jerusalem (ICEJ). In Jerusalem we are not permitted to say we are missionaries but state they are a part of the ICEJ. What a beautiful and Biblical way for any marriage to succeed in love and obedience.
The husband is the head of the wife and children just as CHRIST is over the church (Ephesians 5:22-24NKJV) and husband. We are not talking about domineering and abusive husbands or wives. In order for a husband‘s prayers be heard from GOD, he must be unto his wife. ( 1 Peter 3:7 NKJV)
Marriage is beautiful when the couple follows the Biblical way to maintain it.
A statement about marriage “being on the out” because people had rather “just live together” and “when the going gets rough is to split”.
Marriage is a commitment to each other. “No one else is to be joined with them in the marriage bed. Marriage is a feeling that surpasses all things.
Sonja Cooper shares this with us: It is strength that is stronger than the “wildest storms and is deeper than the ocean floor. It is a love. – period – no conditions, no “whatevers -ifs- buts, becauses, if that’s, if this’s. It is as pure as the driven snow. It is a union that is strong, that cannot be broken and withstands the trials of life which comes their way. It is like the house built on the rocks and not the sand.
When GOD gives you a wife be good to her and when GOD gives you a husband, respect him and do not forget to do the maintenance on keeping your marriage Holy and pure and undefiled.

Word count: 864

Return to Encouragement from the Word