To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

word from the Lord

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

word from the Lord

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:01 am

Hello

As I come back to sending out the devotions, prayer requests, I truly want to share the two things God has laid on my heart over the past few months.

These things are direct from the heart of God and need to be heard by today's church. I would be grateful if you shared them and printed them out and gave them to fellow church/house group members

PLEASE LISTEN TO WHAT GOD HAS PLACED ON MY HEART, I BELIEVE THAT THIS IS HIS WORD FOR HIS CHURCH.. THIS IS NOT ME.. HEAR HIS HEART CHURCH

Thanks to two very special Pastors Mark Johnstone and Mansell Morgan, whose powerful ministry has stirred my spirit. To my beloved friends Susan, Pastors Alex and Jacob and Helen, who has been such an encouragement and inspiration to me.

We all look for the secret of the christian life, we read books, attend conferences, we listen to Cd's, videos, DVDs of ministry and still somehow we don't get it. The Lord has been showing me, that

THE SECRET OF THE CHRISTIAN LIFE IS THE SECRET PLACE

ARE YOU GOING TO SERVE ME AND ME ALONE?

Jesus told us in Matthew 6

6But when you pray, go into your [most] private room, and, closing the door, pray to your Father, Who is in secret; and your Father, Who sees in secret, will reward you in the open

When I first came to my present flat, in 2009 and when I was in Canada for 4 months in 2007, I spent time in prayer to the Lord, just sharing with HIM and pouring out my heart to HIM and allowing HIM to minister to me. Telling HIM, that I loved him, just for who He was and nothing else. Over the last year-18 months, I have lost that deep closeness, that being in the presence of God in that secret place gives you.

How long has it been since you told God you loved HIM?

The Lord has been stirring my heart, and has been speaking deeply to my heart, through the ministry of His Holy Spirit using HIS Holy Word.. amen. He has also used several anointed friends.. see top of e-mail for details.. thanks to them all.

Everything flows from the secret place, our walk with God and others is transformed, our view of people is transformed. It is the place, where we see how big God is and how small we are.

Church, God wants you to turn off the TV and DVD, He wants to meet with you, in that place. It is the place of prayer and power. . This is what is meant by redeeming the time.. buying it back. God wants us to redeem the time.. to use it wisely. Spending time in the presence of God is worth twice as much as time doing worldly things. amen

Church , HE also wants you to stop reading those books about HIM and listening to those sermons, however good , they are and meet HIM in that secret place of prayer. Maybe you will not say a alot in that place, maybe it is time to remain silent and let God speak, I know because, I can't half go on Sometimes, the Lord cant get a word in.

Here is a beautiful verse

Psalm 91

1 HE WHO [a]dwells in the secret place of the Most High shall remain stable and fixed under the shadow of the Almighty [Whose power no foe can withstand].

It is time to turn off the TV , put away those books and stop listening to those sermons and spend time in the secret place.. if you are spending more time watching GOD TV or CBN or something else, you are getting God second hand, He wants you to come personally to HIM and meet HIM right now. It is estimated that the average christian in the so called western world spends about 7 minutes a day in prayer and bible study.

God said this to my heart that His word is not to be dissected by us, it is there to dissect us.. not the other way round.. so often we have pick and mix obedience.. that my friends is plain disobedience.

Mansell said last Sunday evening that some verses are so etched on your heart, they wont leave U. Well Joshua 24:15 is the verse that has been on my heart for months.. It says

15And if it seems evil to you to serve the Lord, choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve, whether the gods which your fathers served on the other side of the River, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land you dwell; but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.

The Lord does not force us to serve HIM, He does give us a choice, it is up to us to make the right and only sensible choice. It is time Church to totally commit to God.. anything less is sin.

I talk to fellow brothers and sisters in Africa and China and they suffer for the gospel, they have times of prayer that last hours, we get bored and start looking at our watches if the sermon goes on for 2 minutes longer that it should.. amen

I write and serve God, but these things can and have been idols.. yes service to God can become an idol.. because it takes the place of HIM.

Time to tear down all idols and to serve the Lord and HIM alone, Church!

The Lord asks us all.. this question.. are you going to serve Me and Me alone?. The question is still relevant today and my answer is the same as Joshua's.

Please send me feedback even if you disagree

I have shared what God has placed on my heart

God bless you

Keith

Song that stirred me originally

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jjRiNL1HKns (AS FOR ME AND MY HOUSE - JOHN WALLER)

John and Josee Waller sharing.. this is my heart as well

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFB77TbRw4k
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word