To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 3:13-26

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 3:13-26

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sun Jul 10, 2011 8:46 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

It is a joy to share with you once again, as we finish the wonderful third chapter of the Book of Acts.

Please feel free to pass on these messages to all your contacts and also take time to click on the links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

Keith

LET US PREACH CHRIST CRUCIFIED

Spirit Steps

Chapter 3

13The God of Abraham and of Isaac and of Jacob, the God of our forefathers, has glorified His Servant and [c]Son Jesus [doing Him this honor], Whom you indeed delivered up and denied and rejected and disowned in the presence of Pilate, when he had determined to let Him go.

14But you denied and rejected and disowned the Pure and Holy, the Just and Blameless One, and demanded [the pardon of] a murderer to be granted to you.

15But you killed the very Source (the Author) of life, Whom God raised from the dead. To this we are witnesses.

16And His name, through and by faith in His name, has made this man whom you see and recognize well and strong. [Yes] the faith which is through and by Him [Jesus] has given the man this perfect soundness [of body] before all of you.

17And now, brethren, I know that you acted in ignorance [not aware of what you were doing], as did your rulers also.

18Thus has God fulfilled what He foretold by the mouth of all the prophets, that His Christ (the Messiah) should undergo ill treatment and be afflicted and suffer.

19So repent (change your mind and purpose); turn around and return [to God], that your sins may be erased (blotted out, wiped clean), that times of refreshing (of recovering from the effects of heat, of [d]reviving with fresh air) may come from the presence of the Lord;

20And that He may send [to you] the Christ (the Messiah), Who before was designated and appointed for you--even Jesus,

21Whom heaven must receive [and retain] until the time for the complete restoration of all that God spoke by the mouth of all His holy prophets for ages past [from the most ancient time in the memory of man].

22Thus Moses said to the forefathers, The Lord God will raise up for you a Prophet from among your brethren as [He raised up] me; Him you shall listen to and understand by hearing and heed in all things whatever He tells you.

23And it shall be that every soul that does not listen to and understand by hearing and heed that Prophet shall be utterly [e]exterminated from among the people.

24Indeed, all the prophets from Samuel and those who came afterwards, as many as have spoken, also promised and foretold and proclaimed these days.

25You are the descendants (sons) of the prophets and the heirs of the covenant which God made and gave to your forefathers, saying to Abraham, And in your Seed (Heir) shall all the families of the earth be blessed and benefited.

26It was to you first that God sent His Servant and Son Jesus, when He raised Him up [[f]provided and gave Him for us], to bless you in turning every one of you from your wickedness and evil ways.

Peter continues to share the gospel, with the people. Boy his preaching, can really help us, as we seek to share the Gospel.

The Power of the Holy Spirit, had transformed him, from someone, who had denied Jesus, into one who uplifted HIM, in front of thousands of people.

What we need to realise, is that GOD can and wants to do exactly the same for us today.

God did not cast Peter off, He restored Peter and gave him a powerful Ministry, you may say.. well that was Peter, but he has done the same with me, God is still in the restoration business.. amen

Peter preached Repentance.. oh how we need this today.. Amen.

People do not need to hear a gospel that says.. Come to Jesus and all your problems will be sorted out.. in fact.. when you become a Christian.. you will have persecution etc etc. But we have a Saviour, whose love and grace, makes everything worthwhile....Amen.

He makes life truly real and worth living, despite persecution and opposition from the devil and the world. Jesus makes life, the greatest adventure. Whatever we lose when we become Christians, we receive more than we can ever imagine, because we have Jesus.. Amen.

Jesus said that he came to bring a sword, and indeed he also said that because of Him, you would be hated by this world. Isn't it about time, we were honest in our preaching and told people the Truth?

Matthew 10

34Do not think that I have come to bring peace upon the earth; I have not come to bring peace, but a sword.

35For I have come to part asunder a man from his father, and a daughter from her mother, and a newly married wife from her mother-in-law

36And a man's foes will be they of his own household.

Yes, Jesus will totally and completely heal them and He gives them peace with God, through his Death and Resurrection. But opposition and persecution, will happen.

The world need to hear words like Repentance and Hell again Church. It is time to stop preaching a gospel that promises wealth and prosperity. Amen. God prospers us far above the world's riches, when we are in Christ.. Amen. The Lord chooses to bless some with wealth, he blesses whom He chooses.. amen.

Paul knew wealth and he also knew poverty, but in both, he was secure and satisfied. Whatever situation, you are in.. are you satisfied and content?

I invite all believers, who are reading this, to look at the sermons preached in the Early chapters of Acts and compare them to what is preached in their pulpits each Sunday. if your church is not preaching the Christianity practised in the first few chapters of Acts, then you should seek a church that is.

I also ask all preachers of the word, if they are preaching the true Gospel, that was preached in the early church? Please check your standing before God. Please read Jeremiah chapter 23.

Brothers and Sisters, I wonder what would happen if the same sermon, Peter preached here, was preached in pulpits up and down our land?

Let us preach Jesus crucified and risen again and that the penalty for not repenting of sin, is Death and Hell

God bless you

Keith

Featured Page Link

This link is primarily for the men, who read these devotions. Men need to stand up and be counted and this website, will help you do exactly that. Ladies you can also read this website.

http://www.promisekeepers.org/

My Website

Please read the wonderful Page called Poets Corner.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ets-Corner

Special Song

I adore this song and hope you like it too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aYfo93Cz6ko
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word