To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 2:14-21

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 2:14-21

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jun 17, 2011 3:39 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

It is a great joy to share this adventure with you.. yes it is an adventure. I hope you are really enjoying our study in the book of Acts.. although I will be about 60 when I finish...already 52..lol lol lol.

Please click the featured links at the bottom of this message, they will bring you much blessing
God bless you

Keith

THE HOLY SPIRIT
Acts 2:14-21

14 But Peter, standing with the eleven, raised his voice and addressed them: You Jews and all you residents of Jerusalem, let this be [explained] to you so that you will know and understand; listen closely to what I have to say.
15 For these men are not drunk, as you imagine, for it is [only] the third hour (about 9:00 a.m.) of the day;
16 But [instead] this is [the beginning of] what was spoken through the prophet Joel:
17 And it shall come to pass in the last days, God declares, that I will pour out of My Spirit upon all mankind, and your sons and your daughters shall prophesy [[b]telling forth the divine counsels] and your young men shall see visions ([c]divinely granted appearances), and your old men shall dream [[d]divinely suggested] dreams.

18 Yes, and on My menservants also and on My maidservants in those days I will pour out of My Spirit, and they shall prophesy [[e]telling forth the divine counsels and [f]predicting future events pertaining especially to God's kingdom].
19 And I will show wonders in the sky above and signs on the earth beneath, blood and fire and smoking vapor;
20 The sun shall be turned into darkness and the moon into blood before the obvious day of the Lord comes--that great and notable and conspicuous and renowned [day].
21 And it shall be that whoever shall call upon the name of the Lord [[g]invoking, adoring, and worshiping the Lord--Christ] shall be saved.

The Day of Pentecost was finally here, the world would never be the same.

As Peter stands up to address the crowd of Jewish people, he repeats a prophecy from the Book of Joel.

The first thing that can be said about this fact is this, everything God said in the Old Testament, about the first coming of Jesus and what would happen in subsequent days and years, came to fulfillment. So we can be sure that every thing, God has said both in relation to us and to the wonderful second coming of our Precious Lord and Saviour, will come to pass.

Every word that relates to the future in scripture, will be fulfilled. God never has or never will break a promise.

A word on Joel. He was a prophet who lived many years before Jesus and the Apostles. He wrote this down under inspiration from the Holy Spirit, he would never see it, but he believed it. Now that is faith, my friends Hebrews 11:1.

What God is going to do here, is not just for the Day of Pentecost.. it is for now my friends. It is God's wish to pour out HIS Holy Spirit on all flesh and to transform the world through the power of the cross..

The Lord wishes to pour out His Spirit on us today, but the circumstances do have to be right 2 Chronicles 7:14-16.

What we also have to recognise, is that a move of God, is a sovereign act of God.. it is at His time. The wind blows and you don't know where it is coming from and going too.. this is just like the Spirit of God moving.. you will know that it has come from God and you will certainly see the effects of it working in your church/community/life.

Also please note that the Lord pours out His Spirit on both men and women, there is no distinction in God's eyes. God is not looking at our outward appearance, he looks at our heart.

It is striking that the men and women are called servants, my brothers and sisters, we have to realise that we are only servants, so let curb our ego's and remember, that we are servants under the Lordship of Christ.

The passage ends, with a wonderful promise, the offer is still open my friend.. but it is closing soon.

Isn't it time you called upon the name of Jesus and be saved?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website Link

Edinburgh is one of the most beautiful cities in the world. I have been there several times. Please pray for and support the work of the city mission

http://edinburghcitymission.org.uk/

My website

Please stand with us each Wednesday night as we pray for revival. This page has also prayer points for my beloved country of the UK

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ain-Ablaze

Special Song

This song is just amazing

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uGCQnwn2hIQ
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word