To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 1:15-26

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 1:15-26

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:04 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

We are coming towards the end of chapter 1. It has been a pleasure to share with you and I hope you have been blessed and encouraged as you read these messages.

Please take time to view the featured page links at the bottom of this message

Thanks

Keith

POWER THROUGH THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST

Acts 1

15 And in those days Peter stood up in the midst of the disciples, and said, (the number of names together were about an hundred and twenty,)

16 Men and brethren, this scripture must needs have been fulfilled, which the Holy Ghost by the mouth of David spake before concerning Judas, which was guide to them that took Jesus.

17 For he was numbered with us, and had obtained part of this ministry.

18 Now this man purchased a field with the reward of iniquity; and falling headlong, he burst asunder in the midst, and all his bowels gushed out.

19 And it was known unto all the dwellers at Jerusalem; insomuch as that field is called in their proper tongue, Aceldama, that is to say, The field of blood.

20 For it is written in the book of Psalms, Let his habitation be desolate, and let no man dwell therein: and his bishoprick let another take.

21 Wherefore of these men which have companied with us all the time that the Lord Jesus went in and out among us,

22 Beginning from the baptism of John, unto that same day that he was taken up from us, must one be ordained to be a witness with us of his resurrection.

23 And they appointed two, Joseph called Barsabas, who was surnamed Justus, and Matthias.

24And they prayed, and said, Thou, Lord, which knowest the hearts of all men, shew whether of these two thou hast chosen,

25That he may take part of this ministry and apostleship, from which Judas by transgression fell, that he might go to his own place.

26And they gave forth their lots; and the lot fell upon Matthias; and he was numbered with the eleven apostles.

I just want us to focus on the phrase in verse 22.

I was reading this passage and the phrase that says ' to be a witness with us of His resurrection.'. This just jumped out at me.

I love this phrase and to me that is what we all are.

Every single believer is a living breathing outflow of the resurrection of Jesus. We are as Romans chapter 6 says:

4Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life.

5For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection:

6Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin.

11Likewise reckon ye also yourselves to be dead indeed unto sin, but alive unto God through Jesus Christ our Lord.

We are living breathing examples of the resurrection of Jesus. Because we live our new lives in the power of that resurrection.

The Resurrection of Jesus was done with power and authority and we are to live in the light of that authority and power. Am I, are you?

We live in newness of life, we are filled with the power of God through the Holy Spirit.

Are you a living example of the resurrection of Jesus?

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please read/pray for and support the wonderful work of Gospel For Asia

http://www.gfa.org/

My Website

Please read the guest page. This is changed every week and is full of the best articles I can find

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page

Special Song

Please sing along, lift up your hands and worship God

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhbUHqPy ... re=related
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word