To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 1:9-11

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 1:9-11

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu May 26, 2011 11:52 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

What a joy it is to share with you again. I hope you are blessed by these studies.

Please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this message.. thanks

God bless you

Keith

Spirit Steps

THE SECOND COMING OF JESUS

Acts 1:9-11

9 And when He had said this, even as they were looking [at Him], He was caught up, and a cloud received and carried Him away out of their sight.

10 And while they were gazing intently into heaven as He went, behold, two men [dressed] in white robes suddenly stood beside them,

11 Who said, Men of Galilee, why do you stand gazing into heaven? This same Jesus, Who was caught away and lifted up from among you into heaven, will return in [just] the same way in which you saw Him go into heaven.

This is truly awesome brothers and sisters.

I want us to focus on what the angels said to the disciples in verse 11.

The disciples were distraught at losing Jesus, they were looking longingly after Him. It was the angels who told them the immense truth that this Jesus who they had seen ascending into Heaven was going to come again.

For us as believers, this is our blessed hope Titus 2:13. This is the day every believer longs for, when the clouds will part and the trumpet will sound and we will rise to be with our Saviour in the air, what a day that will be.

1 Thessalonians 4:17 (Amplified Bible)

17Then we, the living ones who remain [on the earth], shall simultaneously be caught up along with [the resurrected dead] in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air; and so always (through the eternity of the eternities) we shall be with the Lord!

The second coming of Jesus should drive us to get closer to God and to serve him by reaching out to the world, if the day of the Lord thrills us, we need to take as many as we can with us. May we share this awesome truth with all we meet.

The second coming of Jesus is the ultimate event.. in our so called event culture, this is the ultimate event... I hope you have got your invite.. know that I have.

We do not know when the day will be, but it is coming, every day is one day nearer to this glorious day. It is the blessed hope of the believer.. Amen

Let me finish, by sharing something the Lord showed me.

I was sitting in a car one day, and the whole horizon was in front of me. The Lord said, one day those clouds, that entire horizon, I am going to roll back and you will see the Lord Jesus in all His glory. You often can't see the sun for the clouds, but there will come a day, when the Father will roll back every cloud and everyone will see the Son.

Some people are thrill seekers, but flying through the air to meet our Lord will be the greatest thrill ride of all time..AMEN . Many of you have flown, but this kind of flying is not in a plane!!!!

May the coming of this same Jesus, thrill and excite you so much, remember every day is one day closer to the coming of our wonderful and Glorious Saviour, who comes to fetch His people home.

Let us be about the business of the Lord all the time.. time is short my brothers and sisters. Let us not be weary in well doing.. sharing Jesus with a needy world.. AMEN.

Are you excited yet?

Hallelujah and Amen

Come Lord Jesus come

God Bless you

Keith

Featured Page link

Please read this great page and support the ministry of YWAM in Greneda

http://www.ywamgrenada.org/

My website

Please read the story of people transformed by the power of the gospel

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... rmed-Lives

Special Song