To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 1:1-5

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 1:1-5

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu May 19, 2011 11:38 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Well here we go.. we start on the first chapter and the first 5 verses.. what have I got myself into here!!!!!.. only another 28 chapters to go.

I love the Book of Acts. indeed I love the whole of the Bible, but for me.. this is my favourite book.. simply because there is a sense of adventure running through the whole book.. a sense of excitement.

I hope you will share these messages and please click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail.
Thanks
God bless you
Keith

WAIT FOR THE HOLY SPIRIT

Acts 1:1-5
1 IN THE former account [which I prepared], O Theophilus, I made [a continuous report] dealing with all the things which Jesus began to do and to teach(A)
2 Until the day when He ascended, after He through the Holy Spirit had instructed and commanded the apostles (special messengers) whom He had chosen.
3 To them also He showed Himself alive after His passion (His suffering in the garden and on the cross) by [a series of] many convincing demonstrations [unquestionable evidences and infallible proofs], appearing to them during forty days and talking [to them] about the things of the kingdom of God.
4 And while being in their company and eating with them, He commanded them not to leave Jerusalem but to wait for what the Father had promised, Of which [He said] you have heard Me speak.(B)
5 For John baptized with water, but not many days from now you shall be baptized with ([a]placed in, introduced into) the Holy Spirit.

Luke wants the reader to know several things, as he starts the description of the work of the Early Church, and here are just a couple of things that stand out.
He wants the reader to know that before anything else, the disciples and apostles were completely convinced of the reality of the death and rising again of Jesus. v3. They had many evidences of the risen Christ, they had seen Him, touched Him and sat at His feet.
Before we can go out into the world like the apostles and be witnesses for the Lord, we have to be convinced and know for a fact that Jesus lives in Us, and we have to spend time fellow shipping with Jesus and knowing His word, just like the apostles did.
Jesus was with the apostles for three years, but this was a different ball game, because now Jesus could reveal new and deeper things to his brethren. How often did he say during his earthly ministry, you cannot receive these things now, but you will later.
The apostles were told to wait v4. Forty days Jesus with them, every day must of brought new revelation to them, but without the unction of the Holy spirit, it was useless. God will show us and gives us things, but unless it has the unction and anointing of the Holy Spirit upon it then it will not go far.
Just like writing these messages.. God gives me the words to write.. but it will be the HOLY SPIRIT who speaks to people's hearts.. once they leave me.. it is over to the Spirit of God.. amen . The disciples could of gone rushing out into the streets of Jerusalem.. full of enthusiasm to share what Jesus has told them.. but without God's power supply it would of been useless.. amen
We like the apostles, need to spend our own forty days, sat at the feet of Jesus. Many of the apostles, would of been excited as Jesus told them what was going to happen, but they were told to wait.
How often, are we told to wait about a project, because if we don't and the Lord's anointing is not on it, then it will not succeed.
Let us be ones who listen and learn at the feet of Jesus
Amen
God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please pray for and share with the ministry of Pastor Paul and his team

http://divinedeliveranceministries.org/

My website

Please use this page as an evangelism tool

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... tion-Focus

Special Song

Please sing along as you meditate on Jesus. Let him be the centre of everything.. amen

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EG-l1kK-BpU
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word