To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

SPIRIT STEPS STUDIES IN ACTS INTRODUCTION

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

SPIRIT STEPS STUDIES IN ACTS INTRODUCTION

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue May 17, 2011 1:51 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps
This is the first in a series on the Book of Acts. Please print them out and keep them in a special file, because by the end, which could be up to 7 years, you will have a unique commentary on this wonderful book

Every summer, we will be spending in the Book of Acts.. 4 chapters at a time. So I hope you will be blessed
The verse below sums up the story of the Book.. the Christians turned the world upside down.. or more to the point by doing that they turned it the right way up.. amen.
SPIRIT OF TRUTH

Acts 17
6 But when they failed to find them, they dragged Jason and some of the brethren before the city authorities, crying, These men who have turned the world upside down have come here also,
You will meet Peter and John, standing up before the council, you will meet Stephen, the man whose face shone before the council of the Jews, you will meet the Apostle Paul and most importantly you will, like Paul, meet Jesus working through the Spirit of truth that He promised would come.
All Jesus promised about when the Holy Spirit would come, came to pass in the Book of Acts, therefore we can have full confidence in that if God says it, then it will surely happen.
Peter said that the apostles were eye witnesses of His majesty, they weren't just talking about Jesus being on earth, they were also talking about seeing the power of God revealed daily in those wonderful days following the day of Pentecost.
Each day was an adventure, they must of been amazed at what God was doing, and let's not be amazed, what GOD did then, He will surely do now, if we are only willing to be open to His leading.
These were indeed people, who turned the world upside down, if we follow the example they set then surely the world will say that of us.
The messages will start shortly

Thanks to my Dear brother and Pastor Mark Johnstone, for his bible studies and sermons, which have been an inspiration to me. You can see this awesome man of God and my pastor by clicking.

http://www.heyshamfreemethodist.org.uk/

Thanks also to my dear friend Susan, who edits and proof reads everything I write.

Thanks are also due to my two dear Friends Pastor Jacob in India and Pastor Alex in Kenya.

God Bless you

Keith

Featured Website

Please view the website about the Spiritual needs of Spain

http://www.prayforspain.com/home/

My Website

Please view the new website, there are 12 pages for you to enjoy

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/k/keith/

Special Song

Please be blessed by this wonderful worship song.. please sing along

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNjH8QDpBFY
Keith Hobkirk