To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Special Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Special Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Apr 14, 2011 4:28 am

Welcome to the first of two special Noonday Devotions.
THE CROSS OF CHRIST

Hello Everyone

The cross of Christ is the defining point of human history, because it changes everything.. or to put it better.. it changes lives.. Amen.

The cross is the only place where man can come back to God, because of the man on the cross and His sacrifice. That man is Jesus, who although He is and always will be fully God, took upon Himself the form of an obedient servant and became sin for us Phil 2:5-11.

We are saved solely on the basis of the finished work of Jesus on the cross. It was the place where God's grace, mercy, justice and holiness, all came together. grace and Mercy to us, of course, but because Jesus took upon Himself the sin of the world, God the father, had to turn away His face from His own son.. truly He WAS bruised for our transgressions. Please read Isaiah Chapter 53

For the believer, it is a glorious place, a place of repentance first and foremost.. amen

I hope that if you haven't ever been to Calvary and seen the blessed Saviour torn apart for us, He died to save you. Then you would consider Jesus.. the only option He leaves us is to bow in repentance and faith and offer our lives back to Him as a living sacrifice. Romans 12:2

Please read the links at the bottom of this message. Please feel free to share this message.

God bless you my dear friends

Keith

Devotion 1

John 19
30 When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, He said, It is finished: and he bowed His head, and gave up the ghost.
This is my favourite time of the year. Not just because spring is here, but because we can celebrate.. yes celebrate the death of Jesus and His Resurrection from the Dead.
These three small words in the verse above are some of the most awesome words ever spoken.
They signify something absolutely extraordinary, something that defies description.
They were the final words of Jesus on the cross and they weren't words of despair.
They were the words of Victory, words of power and words that set many free. They signify the death nail for sin, death and satan. The final nail had not been put in Jesus.. it had been put into the devil and all his works.

I just love Colossians 2:11-15, Jesus had made a public exhibition of all the power of sin and death.

11In Him also you were circumcised with a circumcision not made with hands, but in a [spiritual] circumcision [performed by] Christ by stripping off the body of the flesh (the whole corrupt, carnal nature with its passions and lusts).
12[Thus [g] you were circumcised when] you were buried with Him in [your] baptism, in which you were also raised with Him [[h]to a new life] through [your] faith in the working of God [[i]as displayed] when He raised Him up from the dead.
13And you who were dead in trespasses and in the uncircumcision of your flesh (your sensuality, your sinful carnal nature), [God] brought to life together with [Christ], having [freely] forgiven us all our transgressions,
14Having cancelled and blotted out and wiped away the handwriting of the note (bond) with its legal decrees and demands which was in force and stood against us (hostile to us). This [note with its regulations, decrees, and demands] He set aside and cleared [j]completely out of our way by nailing it to [His] cross.
15[God] disarmed the principalities and powers that were ranged against us and made a bold display and public example of them, in triumphing over them in Him and in it [the cross]
The power of Sin and the devil, weren't just broken at the cross, they were totally smashed.. in the smallest pieces ever. They were/are unable to be pieced back together.
The bridge had been built. Sinful men could now approach a Holy God, because it was finished. The supreme work of redemption had been done.. The Perfect Lamb had been slain.. God the Father was satisfied... Jesus had acted as our substitute.
Let me share one more thing.. During the time of Darkness over the earth.. that three hours.. God poured out his anger.. his righteous anger on His beloved Son.. all Of God's anger was poured out upon Jesus.. and this was destined for us . That is God's mercy.. not giving us, what we deserve. But giving us grace...giving us what we don't deserve.. amen
The Cross of Calvary is and always will be the place of Greatest mercy.. it is where God showed mercy in abundance to unworthy sinners, but to do that , it had to be the place where God was merciless to His own Beloved Son. I cannot imagine the heart of God at this time, what Jesus went through for us, was totally amazing and just beyond words, but He had to face separation from His Father and the full force of God's righteous anger.. which we should have had and which we deserved.

I love the verses in Hebrews 10

19Therefore, brethren, since we have full freedom and confidence to enter into the [Holy of] Holies [by the power and virtue] in the blood of Jesus,
20By this fresh (new) and living way which He initiated and dedicated and opened for us through the separating curtain (veil of the Holy of Holies), that is, through His flesh,
21And since we have [such] a great and wonderful and noble Priest [Who rules] over the house of God,
22Let us all come forward and draw near with true (honest and sincere) hearts in unqualified assurance and absolute conviction engendered by faith (by [b]that leaning of the entire human personality on God in absolute trust and confidence in His power, wisdom, and goodness), having our hearts sprinkled and purified from a guilty (evil) conscience and our bodies cleansed with pure water.
A perfect and pure sacrifice was needed.. Just like the ram in Genesis 22.. one was provided.. Jesus.. God's precious Son.. It cost Jesus his life and broke the heart of His Father.. but they were prepared to do it for us.
Believer in light of this sacrifice, mine and your only response is to bow and weep and offer our lives as a living sacrifice to God.. amen?
If it isn't then you need to re-assess your so called Christianity and repent?

God Bless you
Keith

Special Poems

What A Friend We Have In Jesus

What a friend believers have in Jesus, yes what a friend forevermore,
What a friend you'd have in Jesus, indeed my friend He's at the door.
He's a friend so kind and loving; is the one thing I must underscore,
For He's a friend unlike any other, for His love will forever endure.
What other friend would suffer and die a wicked death upon a tree,
His death was more than just an effort to be a friend for eternity.
Through His death He cleansed my soul and forever He set me free,
Free to have His friendship now and be with Him through all eternity.
He's a friend, who's always at my side with a faithful helping hand,
And His loving friendship never wavers in this troubled weary land.
He is The Eternal Rock of Ages, when I find myself in shifting sand,
And when I lose my footing, He firmly holds me and helps me stand.
Not even knowing why or when, He sought me out to be my friend,
He's unlike any other friend; He promised to be with me to the end.
Not only my sin would He cleanse, as my hurt He will heal and mend.
And so I wouldn't stray again, I have The Spirit He promised to send.
In a trial I'm not denied, He says let's reason together, you and I,
So with a heavy heart I can not hide, I enter His Throne up on High.
God's Grace, is the reason why, through His blood I am not denied,
And because of His love I can't deny, that I am His and He is mine.

(Copyright ©06/2003 Bob Gotti)

Reconciling All The World

He had come in the fullness of time, the little baby pure and sublime,
Sent to this earth by The Father’s will, to be born in the land of Israel,
He was the promised Anointed One, God’s one and only Eternal Son,
And before this baby even came, Joseph was given the child’s name,
Mary’s child, Spirit conceived within, would save His people from sin.

So that child was named Jesus, and Immanuel, meaning God with us.
Generations will call Mary blessed; as He was the Son of the Highest,
Spoken by the prophets of old, this child, nations would now behold,
A prophet was sent to Israel to tell, God will be with them in Immanuel,
That message today, is better for us, when we believe in Christ Jesus.

Not only does He forgive us of our sin, but, Christ will also live within,
God with all believers, will reside, through Christ’s Spirit, living inside,
In the heart of mortal men of dust, when in The Lord, we put our trust,
Sealed by His Spirit when we believe, then Eternal Life we will receive,
As God makes us eternally whole, inside the heart of a believing soul.

Christ came not just for one nation, but to be all the world’s salvation,
First to Israel, Christ Jesus was sent, with John’s message, to repent,
But, his message was ignored, rejecting Jesus, as Messiah and Lord,
Now, reconciling all the world today, is The Christ, Israel turned away,
However, according to Zechariah, Israel shall accept Him as Messiah.

Then together we’ll believe as one, at the return of God’s Eternal Son.
When every single eye shall see, Believers reigning together eternally,
All the spiritual children of Abraham, blessed people from every land,
All coming together, in Jesus Christ, receiving from God, Eternal Life,
When this entire world is restored, under the Messiah, Christ our Lord.

(Copyright ©01/2010 Bob Gotti)

If you would like to receive Jesus as your own Personal Saviour. Please go to the site below and say the Prayer
http://www.soulwin.org/sinners-prayer-s ... ayers.html

Featured Website

Please review the Evidence

http://www.jesustheevidence.com/index.html
My website

Here is even more evidence to Trust In Jesus. Also there is information on How to grow in your new found faith

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... tion-Focus
Special Song

Here is my favourite song.. I hope you can call him Blessed redeemer

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bzk0ygdAABM
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word