To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:22 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Thanks for sharing with me as I share what God has put on my heart. It is a real joy to be able to do this and I do hope you will be blessed.

Please remember to share these devotions, with all your friends and please also click on the featured page links at the bottom of these messages

Thank You

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Jeremiah 9

23Thus says the Lord: Let not the wise and skillful person glory and boast in his wisdom and skill; let not the mighty and powerful person glory and boast in his strength and power; let not the person who is rich [in physical gratification and earthly wealth] glory and boast in his [temporal satisfactions and earthly] riches;
24But let him who glories glory in this: that he understands and knows Me [personally and practically, directly discerning and recognizing My character], that I am the Lord, Who practices loving-kindness, judgment, and righteousness in the earth, for in these things I delight, says the Lord.

I love these verses in the book of the weeping prophet.. he certainly had a lot to be weeping about. Maybe it is time for us to be like Jeremiah and weep for the state of our own lives, the lives of our churches and the life of our nation.. amen
Doing any type of ministry, can make you boastful of what you do, but we must always remember that all the glory, must go to Him. I must constantly remind myself, that not one word of what goes out comes from me, it comes from the Holy Spirit, touching my mind and heart and laying on my heart, what He wants people to hear.
I am certainly no bible teacher, English is not my best subject, but God has given me this gift, He has given it to me, to use for the benefit of fellow believers and He alone is my inspiration
What we are to glory in, is our relationship with Him. It is wonderful to me, that the God of creation, could and is, interested in me.. totally mind blowing.. isn't it
What is mind blowing is that we can recognise and know God in a intimate way, we can know Him deeply.. amen. To the Christian, this is the thing, that never will cease to amaze him/her.. amen. It certainly never ceases to amaze me.
Out of this relationship, flows our relationships with others.. amen. My friends, how we act towards others is a reflection of our relationship with God. We need to be in fellowship with God, before we can be in proper fellowship with our fellow believers and then the world.. amen
I love the verses in Micah chapter 6, they are truly special to me
6With what shall I come before the Lord and bow myself before God on high? Shall I come before Him with burnt offerings, with calves a year old?
7Will the Lord be pleased with thousands of rams or with ten thousands of rivers of oil? Shall I give my firstborn for my transgression, the fruit of my body for the sin of my soul?
8He has showed you, O man, what is good. And what does the Lord require of you but to do justly, and to love kindness and mercy, and to humble yourself and walk humbly with your God?
Christian, glory in this.. that you are loved beyond measure by the God of creation
God bless you

Keith

Teaching 1 by Ed Wrather
The Unexpected

So He came to Nazareth, where He had been brought up. And as His custom was, He went into the synagogue on the Sabbath day, and stood up to read. - Luke 4:16.
And He was handed the book of the prophet Isaiah. And when He had opened the book, He found the place where it was written: ‘The Spirit of the Lord is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the Lord.’ - Luke 4:17-19.
Today this Scripture is fulfilled in your hearing. - Luke 4:21.
So all those in the synagogue, when they heard these things, were filled with wrath. - Luke 4:28.
Last year, a deputy sheriff in Sarasota, Florida had a little bit of a shock. He was going about his day just as he always did, driving his sheriff’s vehicle to the same spot he usually used, to catch speeders beside South Oxford Drive in Englewood. To the great surprise, and shock, of Deputy Tim Czachur his vehicle rolled into a newly created hole of about five feet by five feet. The speeders in Englewood, received a brief reprieve that day. Deputy Czachur said, "Someone must have been ticketed and got upset."
It must have a shock similar to that of Deputy Czachur, that the residents of Nazareth received the day Jesus returned to his hometown. After hearing Jesus speak, the people of Nazareth were at first in shock, and later shock turned to rage as they sought to kill the hometown boy who made Himself equal with God. The Messiah had come to Nazareth, but He most definitely was not what they had been expecting.
Often as we walk through life with our Lord, we find that we encounter the unexpected as well. We find that we become the hands, feet and spokespersons for the Lord. We encounter the lost, and we "preach the gospel" to the poor in spirit. The brokenhearted are brought into our lives, and God uses us to bring healing. We find captives to the world, and the flesh and we "proclaim liberty." We find those who are blind spiritually, and help them with "recovery of sight." We help those oppressed by the devil to be "set at liberty," and we proclaim to all that now is the "acceptable year of the Lord."
As we become "Ambassadors for Christ" to our own families, neighbors, and hometowns, it may be that they will be just as shocked as the people of Nazareth on that day so long ago when Jesus returned to his hometown. What unexpected thing would God have you to do today?
Copyright © 2002-2010. Ed Wrather. Permission is given for use of the devotionals on a non-profit basis with source credited.

Teaching 2 by Lorraine Ezell
What Are We Teaching?"

"Come, ye children, hearken unto me: I will teach you the fear of the Lord." Psalm 34:11

What are we "teaching" in Christendom? What are we teaching to our children concerning our faith? What are we teaching to those who sit in our churches, read our books or watch us on television? What are we teaching them about the "person" of God? About who Jesus is? About our relationship with Him? About our responsibility toward that relationship?

Are we teaching the whole truth, compromise or a watered down gospel? Are we teaching them that He is a "Santa Claus" who lives to fulfill our every desire? Are we teaching that it is about worshiping Him and not about the fulfillment of self-centered desires?

Do we teach that we are here to do His bidding and will, not Him to do ours? Do we preach grace and mercy without accountability? Do we teach about the blessings only and neglect to talk about the consequences of disobedience? Are we teaching about holiness, purity or the fear of the Lord? Does our teaching revolve around material blessings or eternal life? Are we preaching a gospel of comfort and ease which allows people to neglect keeping their lamps full and wicks trimmed? Does what we teach provoke anyone to have the desire to be hot and on fire for the Lord instead of cold or lukewarm?

It looks like I have spent the whole time just asking questions this morning. But it is so important that we examine "what" we are teaching. The right teaching tends to life, the wrong tends to death. This is not a light thing. There is more to it than this temporary life here on earth. There is an eternity that awaits us all, and if the instructions on how to have life in eternity aren't clear then those receiving the "instructions" are going to become lost and not reach that destination. So, again, let us examine whether what we are teaching... eternity is at stake.

Have a great day. What are you teaching? Is it the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth?

For further reading:
Revelation 3:16
Matthew 25:6-8; 15:9
2 Timothy 4:2-4; 3:1-7
John 6:63
Titus 2:1

Featured Link
Please get involved in this wonderful ministry.. click link below
http://www.24-7prayer.com/
Special Song
Please be blessed by this beautiful song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v9bC9CRv ... re=related