To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Mar 18, 2011 3:01 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

Hi everyone.. from Morecambe here on the North West coast of the UK. I do hope that you are blessed and growing in your most holy faith

Please take time to share these messages with all your friends and contacts and to also click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks and God Bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Job 34

31 Surely it is meet to be said unto God, I have borne chastisement, I will not offend any more:

32 That which I see not teach thou me: if I have done iniquity, I will do no more.

Job is one of my favourite characters in scripture. He went through so much, BUT his heart attitude was so wonderful.

Here it is in evidence. We often ask.. why does a Christian go through the testing of the Lord?

Here we have a few answers

He says that he has borne his chastisement. You know Job had done nothing wrong, the devil, who is the accuser of the brethren Revelation 12:10, had said terrible things about him, that were completely untrue. But still he was able to say that he had borne his chastisement. Am I/you able to say the same when we go through suffering and chastisement, whether justly or unjustly? verse 31. You know Job isn't saying these things.. one of his so called friends is criticising him.. does it sound familiar to you.. the devil will use any means at his disposal to destroy your faith in God. He will claim you are false and empty and try to twist your words.. he is a liar and the very father of lies. Look at the crazy accusation in verse 27.. isn't that something the devil says?

God does allow suffering into our lives and does indeed chastise us, when we are doing wrong. He is a true Father to us. But everything that happens is for a purpose. It is basically to refine us as gold. In both verses it says that what he has gone through will stop Him from sinning. This is one of the primary reasons, God will use chastisement believer.. to root out sin in your life and to draw you nearer to Him. It means that God loves you, but will not tolerate the sin, he does want to push you away, indeed the opposite, He wants to draw you closer unto Himself

I love the verses in Hebrews 12.. they show the heart of the Father towards us.. his beloved Children. Be encouraged believer.. chastening is meant to draw us nearer to God and to root out sin in our lives.

5 And ye have forgotten the exhortation which speaketh unto you as unto children, My son, despise not thou the chastening of the Lord, nor faint when thou art rebuked of him:

6 For whom the Lord loveth he chasteneth, and scourgeth every son whom he receiveth.

7 If ye endure chastening, God dealeth with you as with sons; for what son is he whom the father chasteneth not?

8 But if ye be without chastisement, whereof all are partakers, then are ye bastards, and not sons.

9 Furthermore we have had fathers of our flesh which corrected us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?

10 For they verily for a few days chastened us after their own pleasure; but he for our profit, that we might be partakers of his holiness.

11 Now no chastening for the present seemeth to be joyous, but grievous: nevertheless afterward it yieldeth the peaceable fruit of righteousness unto them which are exercised thereby.

Now the prosperity teachers say that you will have health, wealth and success. God does grant those things to his children, but they are not automatic. Jesus says that the world will hate us as will members of our families, because of our faith. Indeed the words of Jesus to the rich young ruler still ring true.

Mark 10:21

Then Jesus beholding him loved him, and said unto him, One thing thou lackest: go thy way, sell whatsoever thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come, take up the cross, and follow me.

Every day is a battle... we need to stop asking God for more blessings and maybe ask him to try our faith. Jesus says that although the tree bears fruit, it is still pruned, so that it bears more fruit.. amen

John 15

2Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit.

Be blessed believer God loves you so much..amen

Keith

Teaching 1 by Pastor Cecil

NOT A TAXI!”
Titus 3:3
“For we ourselves were also once foolish, disobedient, deceived, serving various lusts and pleasures, living in malice and envy, hateful and hating one another.”

One of the first things a police officer learns is that inebriated people can be counted on to do two things. First they always say that they have only had two drinks. (It may actually have been seven or eight, but to an officer it is only two).

The second thing is that they do the unexpected. One night I was on patrol about 1:30 in the morning when a man waved frantically for me to stop. He jumped in on the passenger side and suddenly realized I was a uniformed police officer. His reaction was tragically humorous: “Oh, I thought this was a taxi!” I told him it was and that I was taking him to his hotel room for a few hours. When he sobered up he did not recall anything of the incident.

It is not necessary to be under the influence of alcohol or drugs to lose control of our faculties. The enemy of our souls sends delusions and temptations to lead us away from the Lord. In fact Satan can sugar coat these temptations so that they appear to be righteous or spiritual.

The only way we can stay close to the Lord and know the way He has prepared for us is to spend time in His Word. The way we can detect the false is to spend quality time with the Truth. How are you spending your time?

Blessings dear hearts. Draw near to God today, trust Him completely and be a blessing!

Teaching 2 by Lisa

Do it scared!
By Lisa Brittain

There is no fear in love. But perfect love drives out fear, because fear has to do with punishment. The one who fears is not made perfect in love. I John 4:18

I was a young professional, just a little more than a year out of college. It seemed God had placed me in the center of co-workers who knew Him, wanted me to know Him, too, and challenged me to study God's Word in group Bible study. One handsome young man would give me a few verses to read, think about, and then discuss over lunch. His interest in me was great motivation for getting me in the Word!

I John 4:18 was one he gave me. I was amazed at how this verse summarized my own life and the main struggle of my journey. Fear had been my constant shadowy companion, and love, the elusive treasure I had sought. This was the very first Scripture I committed to memory, and I reminded myself of this truth constantly.

There is no fear in love. God was saying to me that fear and love cannot co-exist in my life. If I am filled with love, I cannot be filled with fear. If I am filled with fear, I cannot be filled with love. This was great news because I did not want to be consumed by fear, but I did want to be consumed with love!

But perfect love drives out fear. God was telling me how to get rid of fear. I needed perfect love. I already knew that perfect love would not be found in the world. I had experienced plenty of what the world offered up as love and acceptance. Fear has to do with punishment. I had plenty of experience with this truth, too. So, where could I find this perfect love that drives out fear?

The answer is found in I John 4:15-17a. I used personal pronouns to apply this passage to my own life. I acknowledge that Jesus is the Son of God so God lives in me and me in God. And so now I know and rely on the love God has for me. God is love. I will live in love and live in God and God in me. Love is made complete (perfect) in me so that I will have confidence on the day of judgment.

This was the most freeing truth I had ever experienced. I felt like a butterfly pushing and struggling her way out of the cocoon, finally emerging to spread my wings and fly in freedom to experience the beauty of the world all around me. I prayed differently. I listened for the voice of God. I watched for Him to illuminate my every step knowing that He loved me and wanted all that was best for me.

Even when I felt afraid, I was not consumed with fear and thus paralyzed. Because of God's love in me and my growing trust in Him, I was able to move.

I thought a time would come when I would never be afraid. Truthfully that time has not come for me. With each new place the Lord asks me to go, I feel the twinge of fear and a hesitancy to move forward. I believe the Lord allows it because the moment of fear is a reminder I have a choice – I can choose fear, which leads to disobedience, or step forward in faith, which leads to obedience and walking in His love.

For this reason my life motto is, Do it scared! This means – Obey God... whatever, wherever, whenever...take that first step of faith forward, even when I am afraid. I have learned time and time again that when I take that first trembling step, God is already there to walk with me, to speak through me, to protect me, to encourage me and whisper His pleasure in my obedience.

Maybe you struggle with fear. Will you ask the Lord what He wants you to know about His plan for you to live without fear? Will you ask Him to unlock the prison door of fear and bring you into the glorious freedom of His love? I encourage you to...Do it scared!
Fix your eyes on Jesus and SHINE!

Featured Website Link

The work of Missionary aviation is real important. Please stand with this mission in prayer and support

http://www.maf.org/

My website Link

Please click on the link below to see the wonderful page called Jesus is alive

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word