To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Hope!

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

CathyJ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Hope!

Postby CathyJ » Fri Feb 25, 2011 11:35 am

Hi there!

I have been needing a bit of hope lately, especially when it comes to getting back into writing. I have just become a 500 member so I am "hoping" I can get myself back into the realm of words and phrases. Too many family member losses will do that to a person.

Anyway...as I was lamenting about things, I received this email and wanted to share it. It is a bit of hope for all of us...especially writers!

Blessings and hope!

Cathy
http://www.maxlucado.com/static/email_a ... 02.24.html
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" -- Mother Teresa

jammjamm28
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Re: Hope!

Postby jammjamm28 » Tue Mar 01, 2011 9:29 pm

Even though I have not lost anyone recently, I understand how you feel. I am having very dificult time with my youngest daughter and getting into the mind set of writing is a challange lately. It seems, being able to just write in my journal is all I can do, to relieve the pain - hoping I will complete my stories.

One day at a time. God will do the rest.
Angelika DeFrancesco

petiteprayer
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)
Pencil 2 (50-99 Posts)

Postby petiteprayer » Wed Mar 02, 2011 10:32 am

Thanks for sharing, Cathy! I love being a 500 member and I'm sure you will too. Hope is a beautiful thing! :D
Noe'l Kline

Thou wilt keep him in perfect peace, whose mind is stayed on thee: because he trusteth in thee. Isaiah 26:3

My Faithwritings

500 Member

Facebook

fele
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby fele » Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:42 am

I want to give this Poem I wrote 2 years ago:

Tommorrow

Can we really know tomorrow?
Does Tommorrow belong to Us?
The Lord Keeps Tommorrow in ‘Trust” on Our behalf
For Tommorrow we can laugh, we can be we can cry, we can feel lonely and deserted
What keeps Us Safe is the treasures beyond measure
Love, Hope and Faith
They are our caretakers
Our survival and Destiny
They Bear Fruits that burst in Blessings unimaginable
And Fulfill the promise the Lord the Has made to Us
That we are saved by faith
That Hope produce for us patience
That Love gives us meekness, and joy in obeying the Word
The Word that is the Truth
Revealed by the Spirit, if Stirred……..
So do not linger on Tommorrow,
But on the treasures
And we shall be Safe even if tomorrow Comes
Or even if our being does not See tomorrow.

In 2009, I lost my grandma my sister to HIV and my uncle in a matter of two months, i could not cry so i continued working thinking I was ok, I did my writing too, of course at the time publishing was the last thing or the one thing i never even thought about. Eights months after that I suffered anxiety attacks and found hope in writing with Christ, and I only thought of published my fisrt book this year. Gods ways and our ways are so seperate when all you see is pain and no tommorow he sees blessings and giving us new eyes.

For in Christ we run but never get tired, we walk but never get weary...keep on writing even if you dont see a purpose, a reason a horizon now, He has already seen it a long way from where you are.
"Life is a matter of Faith not of Sight, All you need is New Eyes."

ladylynn
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)
Pencil 3 (100-149 Posts)

Postby ladylynn » Fri Apr 01, 2011 10:45 pm

This touched my heart. My son-in-law passed away in November 2009 and life has not been the same since then. People seem to be dropping like flies (please excuse the expression) and I am in and out of the hospital. I will be back to visit this forum.
Lynn
Once a writer, always a writer; there is no escape.

CathyJ
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

Postby CathyJ » Sat Apr 02, 2011 9:56 am

Hi LadyLynn:

I am so sorry to hear of your loss(es) and that you are making those tough trips to the hospital. I certainly can understand how you are feeling.

This month, on the 11th, it will have been one year since my big brother died. That started the whole chain of pain this past year. He died, then my big sister's cancer came back and she came to Ohio to stay near me. Then my mother-in-law died in August followed by my big sister, finally succombing to the cancer beast, this past January. My folks passed in 2002 and 2005, so it is just me, now, and it is very lonely sometimes.

Hope is something I have become a prisoner of and never want to be unshackled from. I must whisper, "Jesus, my hope is in You," thousands of times a day. It is what keeps Him near to me. I am not sure how I would ever survive without Him in my life.

Blessings to all who are going through times of sorrow...be comforted that strength comes from adversity. His strength.

Cathy
"I know God won't give me anything I can't handle. I just wish he didn't trust me so much!" -- Mother Teresa

Return to Encouragement from the Word