To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Feb 18, 2011 1:52 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a joy it is to share with you once again.. it truly is. Every one of you, who receives this, is precious to me. To me you are not just a person on an e-mail list, but a treasured friend and Child of God

All I ask is that not only do you read the devotions and if the Lord speaks to you, through something in them.. then obey it.

Also if you have been blessed, please let me know

Please also take time to click on the links at the bottom of these messages and also pass these messages onto all your friends and contacts.

Thank you so much

Your friend and partner in the Gospel

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Romans 7

19 For the good that I would I do not: but the evil which I would not, that I do.

20 Now if I do that I would not, it is no more I that do it, but sin that dwelleth in me.

Ever wonder what is going on in your life sometimes? Me too.

You know my friends, the battle is daily and ongoing. We are fighting against things, that are far above our human power and therefore it is necessary to use spiritual weapons to defeat them.

As a young christian, I sought to fight the devil in my own strength.. he just laughed at me and I was a defeated christian.. now although I fail at times and struggle daily, I fight him, with God's weapons and not my own.. amen

Still I seek to do the right thing and end up doing the wrong thing. I try to say the right thing and end up, putting my foot in my mouth.

Why does this happen? Although we have a new nature and a new heart and Spirit, placed inside of us, when we are saved. Our minds remain the same. I expect that the Lord, did not want to make it too easy for us, that is why He said we are to be transformed by the renewing of our minds. Romans 12:1-2

The mind truly is the battleground in our lives, I know it is in mine. My mind controls my thought life and that is where most sin starts, because what we put into our minds comes out of our mouths more often that not.

What is going on in our lives is a battle, it says in Galatians 5:

17 For the flesh lusteth against the Spirit, and the Spirit against the flesh: and these are contrary the one to the other: so that ye cannot do the things that ye would

So how do we win this battle. One of the ways is to take control, we see in 2 Corinthians 10, these verses

4 For the weapons of our warfare are not carnal, but mighty through God to the pulling down of strong holds;)

5 Casting down imaginations, and every high thing that exalteth itself against the knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every thought to the obedience of Christ

We have weapons that are spiritual, these include the Precious Word of God Hebrews 4:12, The Armour of God Ephesians 6:10-18, The Name of Jesus Philippians 2:9-11 and the Blood of Jesus Revelation 12:11

The Spirit of God will have victory in your life, if you feed on the word of God and starve the old nature. But if you feed your mind with the things of the world, the Holy Spirit, will be frozen out.

Which one are you feeding today believer ?

Keith

Teaching 1 by Rifkah

A HEBREW SAGE MIGHT SAY. . .
He is a free man who remembers; and is free because he remembers.
FIRSTBORN OF EVERY CREATURE
"HE (MESSIAH YESHUA) is the IMAGE of the invisible GOD, the FIRSTBORN over all creation." [Colossians 1. 15]
"I will appoint HIM first-born, highest of the kings of the earth." [Psalms (Tehillym) 89. 27 Tanakh, Kethuvim] "Let ME tell of the decree; the LORD said to Me, 'YOU are MY SON, I have FATHERED YOU this day." [Psalms (Tehillym) 2. 7 Tanakh, Kethuvim] This psalm is talking about YESHUA ha’MASHIACH. It could not have been referring to King David, as some have suggested, because David was the eighth born son of Jesse. [1 Samuel/Shemuel Alef 17. 12 - 14]

The majority, if not all cults claim that the LORD JESUS CHRIST was not eternal, but merely the first created being -- perhaps an Angel, before becoming a MAN. However, the verse does not say HE was the "first created of every creature" but "the first-born of every creature (creation)." The next verse says that "by HIM were all things created." [Colossians 1. 16]

JESUS was not created (fashioned, bent, shaped, produced, made), for HE HIMSELF, was and is the OMNISCIENT, OMNIPRESENT, OMNIPOTENT CREATOR. "All things were made by HIM; and without HIM was not anything made that was made." [John 1. 3]

The MESSIAH, JESUS is born of GOD, HE was not made the "ONLY BEGOTTEN SON OF GOD." [John 3. 16] The Hebrew word "yachiyd" and the Greek word "monogenes" means the same -- only, brought forth, unique, one-of-a-kind, not to be replaced. "No man has seen GOD at any time. The ONLY BEGOTTEN SON, WHO is in the bosom of the FATHER, HE has declared HIM." [John 3. 16; Hebrews 11. 17] The DEVOTED HEAVENLY FATHER is omnipresent - though invisible, inaudible, inaccessible to the physical senses. The ETERNALLY-EXISTING SON is the "iMAGE" of the invisible FATHER, the ONE WHO declares, reveals, and embodies HIS essence and personification. Although HE is always "in the bosom of the FATHER," yet HE is eternally also "the brightness of HIS glory, and the express (precise, exact) Image of HIS PERSON." [Hebrews 1. 3] The LORD JESUS is the UNCHANGING-LIVING WORD, WHO was "in the beginning with GOD" [John 1. 2], and WHO always "was GOD." [John 1. 1]

Thus, the phrase, "FIRSTBORN of every creature" can be literally translated as "BEGOTTEN before all creation." The eternal inter-relationship of the PERSONS OF THE GODHEAD is beyond human comprehension in its fullness; the best terminology human language can use to describe it are "SON" and "BEGOTTEN." The LORD YESHUA ha'MASHIACH, "the WORD made flesh" -- is the ONLY BEGOTTEN, ETERNAL SON OF THE FATHER, forever shining forth as THE IMAGE of the otherwise INVISIBLE GOD.

As the firstborn has preeminence over his siblings, Messiah Jesus has the preeminence over all creation; "And HE is the head of the body, the church, WHO is the beginning, the FIRSTBORN from the dead, that in all things HE may have the preeminence (supremacy, superiority, incomparable, dominion, primary)." [Colossians 1. 18]
Sha'alu (Pray) for the Shalom (Peace) of Jerusalem and all of Israel!
Grant us peace, YOUR most precious gift, O ETERNAL SOURCE OF PEACE. Bless YOUR people that we may be a stronghold of peace and proclaim YOUR salvation. May contentment reign with each heart, health and happiness in the homes of those YOU redeemed. Strengthen the bonds of friendship and fellowship and plant virtue in every soul, and may the love of YOUR HOLY NAME permeate every heart. Praised are YOU, O LORD, GIVER of peace.
Teaching 2 by Gospel From India
Take hold of His hand!

A man who fell over the side of a cliff was hanging on to a branch that was starting to give way.

Recognizing it was only a matter of time before he would fall to his death, he shouted:
"Is anybody up there? Somebody help me!"

Suddenly Jesus appeared, leaned over the edge, and said:
"Young man, reach out and take my hand, and I will save you. But first, you must let go of that branch you are holding on to."
The man didn't want to let go of the branch.
Jesus told him, "You must take hold of My hand and let go of the branch, or I cannot pull you up."
The man paused for a minute and said, "Is anybody else up there?"
A lot of us don't want to let go.

We still want to hold on to a part of our old lives.
But there has to be a moment in each of our lives in which we have recognized we are sinners and have asked for God's forgiveness.
Then Jesus Christ comes in.

But we have to let go.
Then changes take place.

The Bible says there is a spiritual blindness in all those who have not yet turned their lives over to Jesus Christ.
So we must have our spiritual eyes opened.

We must turn from darkness to light and from the power of Satan to God. Acts 26:18.
As we yield to God and His will for our lives, then we will receive the forgiveness of sins.

Then we will see the incredible benefits of making those changes.
But we have to let go of our branch and take hold of His hand.

Featured Website

This is one of the best websites I can find to help people, be set free in Christ. If you as a christian are suffering from an addiction or habitual sin.. please use this site and tell your friends

http://www.settingcaptivesfree.com/

My Featured Site

Please view the home page of the site, which tells you a little about myself

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faithhopelove/
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word