A place to discuss writing and publishing of Devotions and other Inspirational Articles. Feel free to share your devotionals and inspirational articles here.
Moderator: Deb Porter
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
When we do not care about making a change, change itself continues to take its toll on us because change is constant. It happens either negatively or positively, whether you like it or not. But positive changes can happen when you influence it and negative changes happen when you do nothing worthwhile about your life – you remain at the mercies of circumstances or at most become circumstance made, which is not what we would desire normally.
Most people do not experience positive changes because:
1. God is the beginning point of every true and life impacting change. When people leave out God and don't depend on him in making changes in life, it becomes a self limiting effort. Spiritual changes occur first before natural changes. Visions must be seen, dreams and thoughts must be engaged and these are where God most inspire us for true life’s transformation. You need to pray and seek God first, if you want true life changes.
2. People do not have a strong desire or have not even decided to effect changes to their lives. Change process begins with a strong desire and decision to change. Desire and decision are the vehicles that will drive you to change.
3. People most often are lazy to go for information relevant to their desire for change or are completely ignorant about what to do. Go for information that will help you make positive changes. The great heights that men have attained were achieved by standing on the shoulders of greater men to see further. It is better to learn by example than by experience.
4. People don’t take action. Ever learning but never acting. Overcome every fears of failure and venture boldly into that thing you believe you can achieve. Failing in an attempt does not make you a failure; it means you can try again and do it better. Step out on water and don’t be afraid, it might just be a solid ground in disguise. Peter became afraid when Jesus asked him to walk on water and come and he started to sink (Matthew 14:28-30). Uncover your fear and discover your fame, in what you fear is your fame. And remember; only risk takers are progress makers.
5. Many are not consistent and persistent and so don’t experience change. They give up too soon and say it’s not working. Continue in the right things you are doing – Growth is constant when efforts are right.
Three things to bear in mind: change is constant, change is inevitable and change is a measure – it measures to show whether you are succeeding, failing or stagnant. It even measures to show whether you are saved or not.
Many stay the same way because staying the same way is easier. They fear change is difficult. But the truth is that,your change is inevitable, your transformation is achievable and your bright future is realizable. All you need are right keys.
Thank you! This is exactly the kind of encouragement that I'm needing at the moment.
change takes perservance. if you are depressed change is the hardest thing to do. ironically change is what you need when you are depressed. motivation. it will be three years March 1st since I have been working on changing. I didn't even realize I was depressed. I was so entrenched in my old thoughts that it took 2 years to finally give myself the permission to live for me. that i was worthy of love and should accept that Jesus loves me. change is fast but it comes slow. be patient. take one day at a time. do not worry about tomorrow for your day is full.
we can love others only we begin to love ourselves. forgiveness is also a big tripper when we are trying to change. a bitter heart is hard to overcome when we feel we have been wronged so many times and in so many ways.
3 posts • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests
Does God exist? Build a writers website Does truth exist? Website online in minutes