To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Jan 17, 2011 9:42 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a privilege and joy it is to share with you once again from the precious and Holy book of books.. the Word of God. Every single word is true and God breathed.. amen.

I believe in the supreme authority of the Word of God.. it is our benchmark, our guide and reading it should thrill us.

Also we have to obey it.. it is a book that needs to be obeyed. Amen

Please share these devotions with all your friends and also click on the featured links at the bottom of these messaages

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

1 Peter 2

24He personally bore our sins in His [own] body on the tree [g][as on an altar and offered Himself on it], that we might die (cease to exist) to sin and live to righteousness. By His wounds you have been healed.
25For you were going astray like [so many] sheep, but now you have come back to the Shepherd and Guardian (the Bishop) of your souls.
What a wonderful verse.. amen

I have been a christian for a long time, and sometimes the joy of my salvation can fade. It is at such times that I need to come back to verses like these and remind myself, that my salvation is totally beyond words and totally above my comprehension.

These verses show some wonderful things

In verse 24, it says that he personally bore our sins in His body. The sacrifice of Jesus, was personal and it was dramatic. Every wrong thought, we have ever thought, every wrong action, we have ever done and every wrong motive, we have ever had, was laid on Him.. The spotless and faultless Lamb of God

To me that is the greatest antidote to a christian sinning. Looking at the cross, how can we can continue to sin?. It is also the greatest motive for living full out for God.. amen. Seeing what Jesus has done for us.. How can we not live totally sold out for Him?

Through the sacrifice of Jesus we have been brought back to God. Jesus has won our salvation, we are restored to God, because of Jesus and the sacrifice of Calvary

The Cross of Calvary puts all our service for God into perspective. We think, we have done great things for Him, but nothing comes close to what Jesus did for us.. Amen

Every act of service needs to come under the spotlight of Calvary. We need to examine our lives in light of Calvary.. Amen

I love what the Amplified says in it's margin.. because of Calvary, we have ceased to exist. Yes that's right, we are no longer our own, we are Under new ownership.. the ownership of the King of Kings and Lord of Lords

I hope this blesses you

Keith

Teaching by Connie Giordano
The Scriptures inform us that there are certain things that we are required to do with all of our hearts.
Are we obeying those commands?
Sad but true, many are not giving God the wholehearted service which He so rightfully deserves.
Our hearts have a tendency to wander after a thousand "foreign" things.
The Bible proposes four distinct prayers to offer before the Lord so that we may have hearts that are solely His.

With all of our hearts - that's the kind of service which God requires.

Proverbs 3:5 says - "Trust in the LORD with all thine heart..."

God is the Fountain of all Good. Therefore, we should have a constant regard to His Providence or supernatural ability to provide exactly what we need when we need it. He is All-Wise and All-Powerful. He is "able to do exceeding abundantly above all that we ask or think" (Ephesians 3:20). He is wise and good to accomplish that which is best for us. With our whole hearts, we can totally depend on Him - never having any fear, distrust, or doubt as to whether or not He will come through for us.

Matthew 22:37 tells us - "Jesus said unto him, Thou shalt love the Lord thy God with all thy heart, and with all thy soul, and with all thy mind."

What does it mean to "...love the Lord thy God with all thy heart..."?

It means to love Him supremely, strongly, sincerely, singularly, superlatively, exclusively, eagerly, actively, completely - with all of our faculties and powers...more than any other person or thing ...and with as much fervency as possible.

It means that we must be ready and willing to give up anything that we hold dear to us that would stand in the way of our loving Him. Also, we must be willing to endure the greatest sacrifice in order to please Him.
Ephesians 6:6 says - "Not with eyeservice, as menpleasers; but as the servants of Christ, doing the will of God from the heart."

With all of our hearts, we are to render "reasonable service" (Romans 12:2) to God at all times and in every place. We must have a constant regard to His will in all matters. He deserves our cheerful service. He requires a conscientious, submissive, obedient, faithful, and industrious response from us - devoid of any complaining or murmuring.

1 Peter 3:15 admonishes us with these words - "But sanctify the Lord God in your hearts..."

What does this entail?

To do so is to esteem Him as One Who is so Holy. Hence, He is One Who can be trusted in and depended on no matter what the circumstances.

He is the Mighty Protector and Only Refuge for His people. They never need to ever dread or fear the threats of men. As long as their hearts are filled with the Fear of the Lord or reverence for His honor, their minds can remain calm even in the midst of the greatest storms, trials, or persecutions. Because He is not fickle or subject to change, they can rely upon His power...trust in His faithfulness...and comply to His wisdom.

"Trust in the Lord" with all of our hearts.
"Love the Lord" with all of our hearts.
"Doing the will of God" with all of our hearts.
"Sanctify the Lord God" with all of our hearts.

These are four commands given to us in the Scriptures. Are we doing what is required of us by God? Are we truly depending upon the Lord and Him only for all that we need?

Do we love Him supremely above all others? Are we willing to sacrifice anything and everything in order to glorify Him? Is every step that we take ordered by the Lord - in keeping with His will for our lives?

Or are we in control - making our own plans and then hoping that He will bless them afterwards? Have we gotten a glimpse of the Holiness of our God - whereby we do not fear any other who may come against us?

So many are not giving God the wholehearted - "acceptable" (Romans 12:2) - service that He deserves.

What could possibly be hindering such "worship" from His people? Why are they not sold-out as they should be?

There are four prayers found in the Scriptures which seem to answer these questions. They indicate what is lacking in the commitments to the Lord's service of so many today.

Psalm 51:10 says - "Create in me a clean heart, O God..."

Many hearts are not pure and clean from the defilement of the world, the flesh, and the devil. Hence, their affections and feelings are not right. However, God, by His creative power and sanctifying grace can produce what does not exist. He and He alone can make a perfect heart - one set apart totally for Himself and His service.

Psalm 119:36 says - "Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness."

There is nothing that turns the heart away from God more than an inordinate love for gain or money which the Scripture tells us is "...the root of all evil..." (1 Timothy 6:10). The heart will either be inclined or bent toward His Word and the keeping of it or toward the things of this world and the accumulation of them.

Psalm 86:11 says - "...unite my heart to fear Thy name."

Our hearts are so apt to wander or become divided. They have a tendency to become distracted with a thousand other things. It takes the grace of Almighty God to join the heart and its affections, purposes, and resolutions together so that it will be fixed for Him - firm, faithful, and fervent in serving Him.

2 Thessalonians 3:5 says - "And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God..."

Here is another Scripture which addresses our tendency to set our affections on the wrong objects. Hence, our passions, affections, motives, and principles became very irregular - leading to disobedience, rebellion, and stubbornness. Only the grace of God can direct our hearts so that they will love Him above all others and demonstrate that love with utmost obedience to His commands.

"Create in me a clean heart..."
"Incline my heart unto Thy testimonies, and not to covetousness."
"...unite my heart to fear Thy name."
"And the Lord direct your hearts into the love of God..."

Only a pure and obedient heart - free from all other distractions like the love of money or gain - will be able to - "Trust in the Lord," "Love the Lord," "Do the will of God," or "Sanctify the Lord God" with all of the heart.

With all my heart.

Is this your desire today?
Are you giving God wholehearted service or is it halfhearted?

May this message be a gauge to show you exactly where you stand with the Lord.

And may you take hold of the Grace of God to make the necessary changes in your life so that you may render unto Him an "acceptable" service worthy of His name.

Featured website

Please read about the unique ministry of Betel. Please stand with this ministry in prayer and Giving, if the Lord leads

http://betel.org/

My website link

This page has testimonies of how people came to know Christ personally. Please use this page as an evangelism tool

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... rmed-Lives
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word