To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Christmas Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Christmas Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Dec 18, 2010 2:39 pm

Welcome to a special Simply Scripture

This is a wonderful time of year.. Amen. But we must never forget the real reason for Christmas and that is the greatest gift ever given.. the gift of Jesus.. who was the Saviour of the world. Although we celebrate his miracle birth at Christmas, it was like no other.. Amen.

Jesus came into the world to die my friends, he came to give Himself as a sacrifice for sin and to pay the price to set us free. Let us remember also that every prophecy regarding His First coming came true and so also will all prophecies that relate to his Second Coming. This time, he will be coming with all the power and glory of heaven. In His First coming, hardly anyone saw Him, but in his Second coming, every eye will see Him and every tongue confess that HE IS LORD

Make sure that you are ready for that Day. Trust him as Saviour

I do hope you will enjoy the following devotion. Please pass on these messages to all your friends and please click on the links at the bottom

God bless you

May you all have a truly blessed Christmas and peaceful new year

Keith

Simply Scripture

Reading Matthew 2:1-13

Fascination

The wise men had studied all about Jesus, they had read the prophets, diligently seeking truths about Him. They were earnest seekers, people who had minds that were open. Are you like the wise men this Christmas? Are you seeking Him? If you are you will truly find Him. Maybe you are searching for the meaning of life, maybe you are asking the question, 'is there more to life than this'.

Well there is, the more is Jesus. He says in John 10:10, that He came to give life and to give it abundantly. Please read the wonderful verses in John 10:1-14

Full of joy vs 10

After all that searching, the wise men have found Jesus, they are totally overjoyed. After many miles and many months of traveling, they had come to the place of true peace, in the presence of the Savior of the world. Maybe you have come a long road and come through so much, that doesn't matter, what matters is that you have come to the place where Jesus can transform your life.

To find Jesus and to know Him as Saviour and Lord is to know Joy overflowing. Let me say that after 35 years of knowing Jesus as Saviour and Lord, he still makes my heart leap for joy, the very thought of Him is so wonderful. He gives lasting joy, a joy that the world cannot replicate.. amen

Faith

What is so good, is that the wise men went in to Jesus, they didn't stay outside. Please go in to Jesus as he wants to receive you. They were important people in their own country, they had prestige, but they fell down and worshiped Jesus, this is the only response one can give to Him. The gifts of the wise men, are likened to our lives, which we give gladly unto our Saviour.

John said in chapter 1 verse 12 of his gospel, that as many as received Him, he gave the power to become the sons of God. Jesus is the gift, but you have got to ask for the gift, if you are sincere, God will give you the greatest gift, Jesus will come by His spirit to live in your heart

Freedom

The Journey home must of been one of delight, these men were not the same men who came to see Jesus, they were different because they had been in His presence. Everyone who comes into the presence of Jesus, is never the same again, He is the one who can transform your life, the only One who can. Be like the wise men and have your lives transformed this Christmas.

Finally

Isa 9:6 For a child has been born--for us! the gift of a son--for us! He'll take over the running of the world. His names will be: Amazing Counselor, Strong God, Eternal Father, Prince of Wholeness

Let me finish with a question? What is Jesus to you this Christmas? Is He the greatest gift you have ever received? He is more than a gift, he is the giver of the gift of Life, true everlasting life, He promises to give you life in abundance. When you trust him as Lord and Savior, he becomes your Counselor, your Friend and your peace.

My friends, what I have shared is far too important to push to one side. Please don't say, that there is another day, another time where I will trust Christ. Peter says in Acts 4, that today is the day of Salvation.. not tomorrow and not next year. It is time to decide my friends

God bless you

Keith

Special Song

Don't be like the people at the first Christmas, who were sleeping when Jesus came. Remember that when He comes again, you will have to acknowledge HIM, whether you like it or not.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xm1F7ub0 ... re=related

Special Link to Beautiful Site

http://www.christiananswers.net/christmas/home.html

My Website Link

Here is a link to the Salvation page on the site, which details, how you can trust Jesus as Saviour

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... tion-Focus
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word