To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed Oct 20, 2010 8:39 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture
It's that time again!!!!. So grab your bible and a cup of tea/coffee/coke and let's study the precious word of God.
Please take time to visit the links, at the bottom of this message. They will truly be a blessing to you

God bless you
Keith

Cain And Abel
Genesis 4:1-16

Today's society is full of anger, we get angry at the slightest thing, but as it says in
Ecclesiastes "There is nothing new under the sun."
In Genesis 3, we see how sin came into the world, and now we see the spread of sin, in a dramatic way. Let us look at the story of Cain and Abel in Chapter 4.
This message has been on my heart for a long time and as I looked at the story anew. God revealed some new things to me, and I am just passing on these things to you, my brothers and sisters.
We always focus on the murder committed by Cain, but there were several underlying things, that led to the murder. These included their attitudes to giving and jealously.
They both had different professions, one tilled the ground, and one was a shepherd. In both cases God gave them increase, but it was their attitude to their increase that set one apart from another, one knew that it has come from God and was glad to give it freely back to the provider, and the other had the attitude, that it was he, who had earned the fruits of his labor. We labor and sow in church, but it is God who gives the increase. Remember all our blessings come from God.
One of the main problems with Cain was that of jealously, He must of looked enviously at his brother, who did not have to do the back breaking work of tilling ground day after day. Is this the same with us?
Some of us in the church are called to do menial jobs, such as set up and clear up after meetings, you will never preach, but you can make the venue look great. Do you look enviously at the shepherd? The one who stands up at the front and shares from the Word of God.
Let me share something with you all. For years I helped put chairs away and washed up after meetings (which I still do), and now God has graciously allowed me to share his word, through writing. Believe me, I thought "when Lord," but God will train you up and then give you more responsibility, but it is in these training periods that you must prove yourself. Moses spent forty years being in the backside of the desert before he was called of God. That must of been a hard time.. a time of learning and a time where he got to know God in a deeper and fuller way. Even the apostle Paul, had his period of training after his conversion.. if God has treated these awesome servants of God like this.. Do you think HE will treat you differently?
Abel brought of the first fruits of His herd, he brought the best, Cain waited till all his produce was in and then gave and then he gave sparingly and grudgingly. When we Give to God, how do we give to God.? It says that God loves a cheerful giver. Do we give with a glad heart?. They say that the wallet is the last part of the Christian to be saved, is this the case with you?.
Let's look at a modern day example, you are going to church on Sunday morning, do you grab the change off the table to put into the collection plate, like Cain did or do you, like Abel, purpose that you will give the first fruits of your increase to God? God has promised to pour out a blessing that you will not be able to contain if you do the Latter. Malachi 3:8-11
Jealously and wrong choices, led to his fury against Abel, but it was not Abel who Cain was angry against, it was God. God is very plain spoken, he doesn't pull any punches with Cain. Indeed he asks the same type of question that he asked Cain's father Adam. Today he asks the same question, "Where is thy brother?" .
In the New Testament, Jesus took it further, If you were angry with your brother without a cause, like Cain was, then we are in big trouble.. strong words Christian
Matthew 5:22 (King James Version)
22But I say unto you, That whosoever is angry with his brother without a cause shall be in danger of the judgment: and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council: but whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of hell fire.
This is one of the most important questions we have to confront church, if we can't love the brethren, how can we love the world?
Abel had an excellence about Him, he took time to do things, he gave the choice cuts to God. How much more should we offer the best of our lives to God? Romans 12:1-2. We need to surrender our whole lives to God and not just the bits we want to ..amen. We sing I surrender all.. but do we know what that really means?
Sin was truly at the door of Cain's life and his failure to confront it, led not only to his downfall, but to the death of his own brother. If we do not confront our anger, jealously, greed etc, it will not only let the devil defeat us, but it will lead to damage to other believers and even cause churches to be split with strife and division.
This is why sin has to be dealt with as soon as it is evident, deal with the root of the problem, the blood of Jesus cleanses you from all sin. If you don't then that sin/habit will end up mastering you. The only place where sin can be defeated is at the foot of the cross. Colossians 2:11-15 and 1 John 1:6-2:2. Go to it on a regular basis.
No sin can be hidden from the Lord, he wants us to confront our sin/failures, confess them in repentance and consecrate ourselves fully to Him. God wants us to run to him, not away from him.
I hope these thoughts are of encouragement to you.
God Bless you
Keith

Featured Website

Please click on the following link. Europe is now the dark continent, when it comes to the gospel. Please pray and support this ministry, if the Lord leads

http://www.ecmi.org/default.aspx

Featured website link

Please check out the Guest page, which includes some of the best articles on the web. This page is changed every week, so please come back often

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word