To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

The Conduits of God

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

RosePearl
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)
Pencil 1 (1-49 Posts)

The Conduits of God

Postby RosePearl » Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:58 am

Sometimes God uses "unconventional conduits" to channel His blessings to us.

Perfect example is in I Kings 17 when God sent Elijah to the Cherith Brook from where ravens would feed him with meat and bread twice a day. After a while, the brook dried up due to the drought and God sent Elijah to a widow in Zarephath to feed him.

The first "unconventional conduit" God used to bless Elijah was the omnivorous raven that brought him meat. God could have used a strictly herbivorous bird but He chose not to.

The second "unconventional conduit" He used was the poor widow as she could not even feed her one son let alone another mouth for on meeting Elijah, she told him that she was preparing to die of starvation after their last meal. God could have used a rich person but He chose not to.

Has God ever used an "unconventional" or "unusual" conduit to channel His blessings to you?

Return to Encouragement from the Word