To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Spirit Steps Acts 4:13

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Spirit Steps Acts 4:13

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:21 am

Welcome to Spirit Steps

Thanks everyone, for taking the time to read these messages. All of you, have busy lives and I truly appreciate the time you take to read and indeed pass on these messages.

At the bottom of this message are 2 links, one to my own website and another to a website, that helps Christian Women, reach their potential.

God bless you

Keith

Acts chapter 4

13Now when they saw the boldness and unfettered eloquence of Peter and John and perceived that they were unlearned and untrained in the schools [common men with no educational advantages], they marveled; and they recognized that they had been with Jesus.

I just love, how the Amplified Bible, puts it here.

Note the words that are used here to describe Peter and John.

The greatest need of the church today and us as individuals, is to have boldness and the unfettered eloquence of the apostles.

So often, as Christians, we become tongue tied, when we are talk about Jesus. We can talk about virtually anything, with our neighbours, other that Our Saviour. I know, how difficult, it is to share Jesus, this is something, that I find so hard to do.

We need to pray that the Spirit of fear that binds us, and it is fear, would be dispelled and that our tongues would be loosed.

Another reason, that we don't share Jesus, is because we are worried about what people, will think of us.

In Matthew 16, Jesus says these words

25For whosoever will save his life shall lose it: and whosoever will lose his life for my sake shall find it.

We keep our reputation our status, by not sharing the gospel, but we gain so much more by sharing it.. amen

I know from personal experience, that when you share the gospel, although you do it, in fear and trembling, it makes you feel positive about your faith and gives you a real sense of purpose

Many people who are reading this, have gone through some kind of training at Bible College or seminary, and I am not knocking that at all. But the best type of training, is being taught at the feet of Jesus John 10:38-42

We do not know, what Jesus said in the forty days, between his Resurrection and his Ascension. But we do know that the words spoken by Jesus, all the books in the world, are not able to contain them. It was like a forty day bible school, by the Kings of Kings. Maybe, you/I, should enrol in this bible school, with the Holy Spirit as teacher. Indeed, we do that every day, when we take time to study the bible (not just read it for 5 minutes), using study notes!

Later in Acts, we come across, the apostle Paul. Now Paul was trained as a scholar, but this is not, why God choose Him. He was choosen, because he was open to God. Whether, you are highly qualified or have just a basic education, God will use you, if you put all your talents at his disposal.

One last question

Can the People around you perceive that you have been with Jesus?

What matters to God, is not how much knowledge of the bible you have, but how much do you know Jesus?

Have you an intimate and developing relationship with HIM, that is growing and deepening every day?

These are the men and women that God uses.. amen

God bless you

Keith

Featured Website

For all your ladies, here is one of the best sites on the web. Men, you can also check it out too!!!!!. Maybe you will learn something from it.

http://proverbs31woman.com/

Featured website Link

Please read how lives have been transformed by the Power of the Gospel.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... rmed-Lives
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word