To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:26 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is with great joy that I welcome you, as we share from God's precious word. You know the Word of God, never loses it's wonder, it is my great joy as I read and study it, and hear from the Lord through it. Never forget that it is one of our greatest privileges.. please read, study and treasure the Holy and precious word of God. Please don't leave it on a shelf.. gathering dust

I would be grateful, if you would forward these message onto all your friends and church contacts. Please also click the links at the bottom of these messages

Thanks and God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Hebrews chapter 10

8 Above when he said, Sacrifice and offering and burnt offerings and offering for sin thou wouldest not, neither hadst pleasure therein; which are offered by the law;
9Then said he, Lo, I come to do thy will, O God. He taketh away the first, that he may establish the second.
10By the which will we are sanctified through the offering of the body of Jesus Christ once for all.
11And every priest standeth daily ministering and offering oftentimes the same sacrifices, which can never take away sins:
12But this man, after he had offered one sacrifice for sins for ever, sat down on the right hand of God;
I just love these verses in this chapter of Hebrews.
All through the Old testament, there are rules and rules about how the Israelites should sacrifice to the Lord. They are very exacting for the Children of Israel. It is an interesting thought to think, how would we cope if we had to put up with all those rules.
The rules about sacrifice in the Old testament, are like our own efforts to win salvation through works of the flesh, we simply can't win our salvation, because God is Holy and we are sinners, we need someone to bridge that gap and that someone is Jesus
There is a song by Ray Boltz called One drop of Blood, and it is set in the court room of heaven, and God asks, why we should be let into heaven. The answer of Ray Boltz and every believer,is to plead the precious blood of Christ and his finished work upon the cross.
I wonder what you plea will be. Are you depending on your own efforts or on the atoning finished work of Jesus on the cross?
Turn in repentance and trust in Christ.
If you want to trust Jesus as Saviour please say this prayer
Father God I have sinned against you in thought, word and deed and I ask your forgiveness. I trust completely and utterly on the finished work of your Son Jesus on the cross and I turn from my sin and ask that you save me by your grace.
I ask this in Faith believing you will do it.
In Jesus name
Amen
He alone can set you free
God bless you
Keith

Devotion 2

Isaiah 53

6 All we like sheep have gone astray; we have turned every one to his own way; and the LORD hath laid on him the iniquity of us all.

I would just like to share the last part of the verse.

This is something so mind blowing.

Every single wrong thought, wrong motive and wrong action has been laid upon the spotless and sinless Son of God at the Cross of Calvary.

The Cross was the place of most mercy, it was also the place where God's righteous anger was poured out on sin. God was merciless on his precious Son.. for you and me. Jesus died so that we could be free.. he took all your sin.. isn't that awesome.

We need never to forget what happened at the cross, it should be constantly at the forefront of our Minds

Never forget Calvary and praise God constantly for your salvation.

Calvary's cross
Oh what a place of wonder, love and grace

God Bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"And because of all this we make a sure covenant." – Nehemiah 9:38

There are many occasions in our experience when we may very rightly, and with benefit, renew our covenant with God. After recovery from sickness when, like Hezekiah, we have had a new term of years added to our life, we may fitly do it. After any deliverance from trouble, when our joys bud forth anew, let us again visit the foot of the cross, and renew our consecration. Especially, let us do this after any sin which has grieved the Holy Spirit, or brought dishonour upon the cause of God; let us then look to that blood which can make us whiter than snow, and again offer ourselves unto the Lord. We should not only let our troubles confirm our dedication to God, but our prosperity should do the same. If we ever meet with occasions which deserve to be called "crowning mercies" then, surely, if he hath crowned us, we ought also to crown our God; let us bring forth anew all the jewels of the divine regalia which have been stored in the jewel-closet of our heart, and let our God sit upon the throne of our love, arrayed in royal apparel. If we would learn to profit by our prosperity, we should not need so much adversity. If we would gather from a kiss all the good it might confer upon us, we should not so often smart under the rod. Have we lately received some blessing which we little expected? Has the Lord put our feet in a large room? Can we sing of mercies multiplied? Then this is the day to put our hand upon the horns of the altar, and say, "Bind me here, my God; bind me here with cords, even for ever." Inasmuch as we need the fulfilment of new promises from God, let us offer renewed prayers that our old vows may not be dishonoured. Let us this morning make with him a sure covenant, because of the pains of Jesus which for the last month we have been considering with gratitude.

PM

"All the house of Israel are impudent and hardhearted." – Ezekiel 3:7

Are there no exceptions? No, not one. Even the favoured race are thus described. Are the best so bad?-then what must the worst be? Come, my heart, consider how far thou hast a share in this universal accusation, and while considering, be ready to take shame unto thyself wherein thou mayst have been guilty. The first charge is impudence, or hardness of forehead, a want of holy shame, an unhallowed boldness in evil. Before my conversion, I could sin and feel no compunction, hear of my guilt and yet remain unhumbled, and even confess my iniquity and manifest no inward humiliation on account of it. For a sinner to go to God’s house and pretend to pray to him and praise him argues a brazen-facedness of the worst kind! Alas! since the day of my new birth I have doubted my Lord to his face, murmured unblushingly in his presence, worshipped before him in a slovenly manner, and sinned without bewailing myself concerning it. If my forehead were not as an adamant, harder than flint, I should have far more holy fear, and a far deeper contrition of spirit. Woe is me, I am one of the impudent house of Israel. The second charge is hardheartedness, and I must not venture to plead innocent here. Once I had nothing but a heart of stone, and although through grace I now have a new and fleshy heart, much of my former obduracy remains. I am not affected by the death of Jesus as I ought to be; neither am I moved by the ruin of my fellow men, the wickedness of the times, the chastisement of my heavenly Father, and my own failures, as I should be. O that my heart would melt at the recital of my Saviour’s sufferings and death. Would to God I were rid of this nether millstone within me, this hateful body of death. Blessed be the name of the Lord, the disease is not incurable, the Saviour’s precious blood is the universal solvent, and me, even me, it will effectually soften, till my heart melts as wax before the fire.

Featured Page Link

Please read about the great men and women of God on this page

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ith-movers

Featured website

Please read the evidence about Jesus. This website is written by a former agnostic, who is now a believer

http://www.jesustheevidence.com/index.html
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word