To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:06 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great joy it is to share with you again. Please pass these devotions onto your friends and family and also click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

1 Chronicles 16

29 Give unto the LORD the glory due unto his name: bring an offering, and come before him: worship the LORD in the beauty of holiness.

What an awesome verse. This is a direct command.

I love the first part. The Lord is due glory and honour, yes indeed, not only for who HE is, but for all HE does for us.

We are told here to bring an offering and In Romans 12:1-2, the offering is ourselves. God desires that we lay our lives before Him, because when we lose our lives, we truly find them in Christ.

What an amazing finish to this verse, we are to worship God in the beauty of His Holiness. God is holy, and there is something beautiful, when we are in His presence.

The holiness of God is so awesome, when we are in His presence, we are transformed and we transcend above this world,

God says Be ye holy, for I am Holy. 1 PETER 1:15-17

Spend time in God's holy presence just worshipping and admiring the beauty that will surround you. You know Moses when he came down from the mountain, his face shone, he truly had spent time, worshipping the Lord in the beauty of Holiness

How much time do we spend, doing what this verse says?

We need to spend more time in secret place with God.. so that we can give out. Psalm 91:1-2

We can only give out to people, what we ourselves have learnt from spending time with God.. amen

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Genesis 1

26 God said, Let Us [Father, Son, and Holy Spirit] make mankind in Our image, after Our likeness, and let them have complete authority over the fish of the sea, the birds of the air, the [tame] beasts, and over all of the earth, and over everything that creeps upon the earth.(D)

Isn't it awesome that we are made after the Image of God, this verse is just so beautiful and the Lord just wants me to share this. You know that we are the pinnacle of His physical creation, but we are also the pinnacle of His spiritual creation.

When we are born again, we become new creatures in Christ, It is like the Father , Son and Holy Spirit, saying, let us make this man or woman after our own image, let us mould him/her into what we want Him to be.

God is called the potter and we the clay, does the clay have a voice?. No it dormant whilst it is being moulded, likewise with us, we have to be silent and Let God do his perfect work in US.

Psalm 139 , Jeremiah 29:11-13 and Isaiah 43 sum up beautifully what God thinks of Us.

His love is beyond measure and we are his treasures.

You.. yes you.. the one who is feeling down today. You are his wonderful treasure.. his love and care for you is amazing

Be blessed.

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"God, that comforteth those that are cast down." – II Corinthians 7:6
And who comforteth like him? Go to some poor, melancholy, distressed child of God; tell him sweet promises, and whisper in his ear choice words of comfort; he is like the deaf adder, he listens not to the voice of the charmer, charm he never so wisely. He is drinking gall and wormwood, and comfort him as you may, it will be only a note or two of mournful resignation that you will get from him; you will bring forth no psalms of praise, no hallelujahs, no joyful sonnets. But let God come to his child, let him lift up his countenance, and the mourner’s eyes glisten with hope. Do you not hear him sing-
"‘Tis paradise, if thou art here;
If thou depart, ‘tis hell?"
You could not have cheered him: but the Lord has done it; "He is the God of all comfort." There is no balm in Gilead, but there is balm in God. There is no physician among the creatures, but the Creator is Jehovah-rophi. It is marvellous how one sweet word of God will make whole songs for Christians. One word of God is like a piece of gold, and the Christian is the gold beater, and can hammer that promise out for whole weeks. So, then, poor Christian, thou needest not sit down in despair. Go to the Comforter, and ask him to give thee consolation. Thou art a poor dry well. You have heard it said, that when a pump is dry, you must pour water down it first of all, and then you will get water, and so, Christian, when thou art dry, go to God, ask him to shed abroad his joy in thy heart, and then thy joy shall be full. Do not go to earthly acquaintances, for you will find them Job’s comforters after all; but go first and foremost to thy "God, that comforteth those that are cast down," and you will soon say, "In the multitude of my thoughts within me thy comforts delight my soul."
PM
"Thou hast left thy first love." – Revelation 2:4

Ever to be remembered is that best and brightest of hours, when first we saw the Lord, lost our burden, received the roll of promise, rejoiced in full salvation, and went on our way in peace. It was spring time in the soul; the winter was past; the mutterings of Sinai’s thunders were hushed; the flashings of its lightnings were no more perceived; God was beheld as reconciled; the law threatened no vengeance, justice demanded no punishment. Then the flowers appeared in our heart; hope, love, peace, and patience sprung from the sod; the hyacinth of repentance, the snowdrop of pure holiness, the crocus of golden faith, the daffodil of early love, all decked the garden of the soul. The time of the singing of birds was come, and we rejoiced with thanksgiving; we magnified the holy name of our forgiving God, and our resolve was, "Lord, I am thine, wholly thine; all I am, and all I have, I would devote to thee. Thou hast bought me with thy blood-let me spend myself and be spent in thy service. In life and in death let me be consecrated to thee." How have we kept this resolve? Our espousal love burned with a holy flame of devoutedness to Jesus-is it the same now? Might not Jesus well say to us, "I have somewhat against thee, because thou hast left thy first love"? Alas! it is but little we have done for our Master’s glory. Our winter has lasted all too long. We are as cold as ice when we should feel a summer’s glow and bloom with sacred flowers. We give to God pence when he deserveth pounds, nay, deserveth our heart’s blood to be coined in the service of his church and of his truth. But shall we continue thus? O Lord, after thou hast so richly blessed us, shall we be ungrateful and become indifferent to thy good cause and work? O quicken us that we may return to our first love, and do our first works! Send us a genial spring, O Sun of Righteousness.

Featured Page link
The Guest Page is filled with the very best christian articles on the web, and is changed weekly. Please come back as often as time allows

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page

Featured website
Please view the website of this Mission. Please pray for them in prayer and giving, if the Lord leads

http://torontocitymission.com/
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word