To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Jul 24, 2010 8:52 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a joy and privilege it is to share with you once again. Thank you for taking time to read these devotions and to open up your hearts and minds to what the precious Holy Spirit, would say to you.

I do hope that you are blessed by what God has given me to share with you and I would ask that you, would also seek God through his word.

When you read his word, ask God to speak to you. He will and you will be amazed.

Please pass these devotions onto all your friends and also click on the featured page links at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Nehemiah 8

8 So they read from the Book of the Law of God distinctly, faithfully amplifying and giving the sense so that [the people] understood the reading.
9 And Nehemiah, who was the governor, and Ezra the priest and scribe, and the Levites who taught the people said to all of them, This day is holy to the Lord your God; mourn not nor weep. For all the people wept when they heard the words of the Law.
10 Then [Ezra] told them, Go your way, eat the fat, drink the sweet drink, and send portions to him for whom nothing is prepared; for this day is holy to our Lord. And be not grieved and depressed, for the joy of the Lord is your strength and stronghold.

I wonder what happens to you when you read the word of God?

Does it make you weep, like it did the children of Israel?

How often do we read the word of God, and the words are just cold and lifeless?

I know it has happened to me in the past and God forbid it should happen in the future.. amen.

The priest Ezra and Nehemiah, saw that the word of God had an effect on the people and therefore they were able to speak the words they did in verse 10.

The Holy Spirit convicts his people, so they can move out of a time of mourning for sin and repentance into a time of Joy.

Why do you think that God speaks conviction into your life believer? It is because HE wants you to be joyful again. It is not God's will for the believer to be in mourning for sin on a continual basis, the believer must move on, when that sin or sins have been confessed.

God wants us to exchange the garments of praise for the spirit of heaviness.. have you exchanged them yet believer?

A final word to all teachers of this precious book.

In verse 8, the ones who were speaking and expounding the law.. made sure the hearers, knew what God required of them.. it states that their exposition was faithful, distinct and amplified.

Is yours the above, teacher of the word?

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

John 15

2 Any branch in Me that does not bear fruit [that stops bearing] He cuts away (trims off, takes away); and He cleanses and repeatedly prunes every branch that continues to bear fruit, to make it bear more and richer and more excellent fruit.

This verse especially the last part of it, is what I want to share with you.

Jesus is in his last hours before going to win our salvation at the cross.. hallelujah!!!.

He is sharing something very important , that we having progressed in our christian walk, we step back to admire the work of God in our lives. But God doesn't, he will prune us and this is because he wants us to bear fruit that is even more excellent. How often do we think, after we have had a period of growth, that the persecution and suffering we endure at this time comes from the devil, sometimes it does, but often it is God pruning and refining us, because he is never satisfied with us, he wants us to be so much more than we ever think we will be. He believes in Us, more than we believe in ourselves.

God does not stop, he sees our limitless potential and therefore he prunes us more and more so we bear forth much more fruit, he wants us to grow and develop to our fullest and complete potential.

Paul is the great example in Philippians chapter 3, he wanted to press on towards the prize vs 8-14. If he so wanted the prize.. shouldn't we?

Elijah after his great victory on Mount Carmel (1 Kings 18), thought that was it, maybe he thought, everything after this is an anti climax.. but God had other plans.. he wanted Elijah to still achieve more than he had already.

God sees your potential.. it is unlimited, because you have the power of the Holy Spirit, living inside of you, and you can do all things, through Christ who strengthens you.

Amen

Love in Christ

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"Accepted in the beloved." – Ephesians 1:6

What a state of privilege! It includes our justification before God, but the term "acceptance" in the Greek means more than that. It signifies that we are the objects of divine complacence, nay, even of divine delight. How marvellous that we, worms, mortals, sinners, should be the objects of divine love! But it is only "in the beloved." Some Christians seem to be accepted in their own experience, at least, that is their apprehension. When their spirit is lively, and their hopes bright, they think God accepts them, for they feel so high, so heavenly-minded, so drawn above the earth! But when their souls cleave to the dust, they are the victims of the fear that they are no longer accepted. If they could but see that all their high joys do not exalt them, and all their low despondencies do not really depress them in their Father’s sight, but that they stand accepted in One who never alters, in One who is always the beloved of God, always perfect, always without spot or wrinkle, or any such thing, how much happier they would be, and how much more they would honour the Saviour! Rejoice then, believer, in this: thou art accepted "in the beloved." Thou lookest within, and thou sayest, "There is nothing acceptable here!" But look at Christ, and see if there is not everything acceptable there. Thy sins trouble thee; but God has cast thy sins behind his back, and thou art accepted in the Righteous One. Thou hast to fight with corruption, and to wrestle with temptation, but thou art already accepted in him who has overcome the powers of evil. The devil tempts thee; be of good cheer, he cannot destroy thee, for thou art accepted in him who has broken Satan’s head. Know by full assurance thy glorious standing. Even glorified souls are not more accepted than thou art. They are only accepted in heaven "in the beloved," and thou art even now accepted in Christ after the same manner.

PM

"I am crucified with Christ." – Galatians 2:20

The Lord Jesus Christ acted in what he did as a great public representative person, and his dying upon the cross was the virtual dying of all his people. Then all his saints rendered unto justice what was due, and made an expiation to divine vengeance for all their sins. The apostle of the Gentiles delighted to think that as one of Christ’s chosen people, he died upon the cross in Christ. He did more than believe this doctrinally, he accepted it confidently, resting his hope upon it. He believed that by virtue of Christ’s death, he had satisfied divine justice, and found reconciliation with God. Beloved, what a blessed thing it is when the soul can, as it were, stretch itself upon the cross of Christ, and feel, "I am dead; the law has slain me, and I am therefore free from its power, because in my Surety I have borne the curse, and in the person of my Substitute the whole that the law could do, by way of condemnation, has been executed upon me, for I am crucified with Christ."

But Paul meant even more than this. He not only believed in Christ’s death, and trusted in it, but he actually felt its power in himself in causing the crucifixion of his old corrupt nature. When he saw the pleasures of sin, he said, "I cannot enjoy these: I am dead to them." Such is the experience of every true Christian. Having received Christ, he is to this world as one who is utterly dead. Yet, while conscious of death to the world, he can, at the same time, exclaim with the apostle, "Nevertheless I live." He is fully alive unto God. The Christian’s life is a matchless riddle. No worldling can comprehend it; even the believer himself cannot understand it. Dead, yet alive! crucified with Christ, and yet at the same time risen with Christ in newness of life! Union with the suffering, bleeding Saviour, and death to the world and sin, are soul-cheering things. O for more enjoyment of them!

Featured Page Link

Jesus is alive.. amen. The disciples were told to Come and See Matthew 28:6. On this page, you are invited to see the evidence for yourselves. Please use this page to reach out to your non christian friends.

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive

Featured Website

Please view the work of the Missionary Aviation Fellowship. Please click on the link, pray and support them, if the Holy Spirit leads you to

http://www.maf.org/
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word