To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:46 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a great joy it is to share with you once again. I do hope you are blessed by what God has given me to share from his holy and precious Word. Please pass on this message to all your friends and also click on the featured links at the bottom of this message.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

1 Corinthians 1

21 For when the world with all its earthly wisdom failed to perceive and recognize and know God by means of its own philosophy, God in His wisdom was pleased through the foolishness of preaching [salvation, procured by Christ and to be had through Him], to save those who believed (who clung to and trusted in and relied on Him).

23We preach Christ (the Messiah) crucified, [preaching which] to the Jews is a scandal and an offensive stumbling block [that springs a snare or trap], and to the Gentiles it is absurd and utterly unphilosophical nonsense.

I love these verses..they are just awsome.. amen

If you have ever read Pilgrim's Progress.. then these words will resonate in your heart. Everyone thought pilgrim was crazy.. maybe people think that you are crazy, because of your faith. Before we trusted Christ, I expect that many of us, thought that being a christian, was utter madness, but once our eyes, were opened, it became perfectly clear.

You know the world says it has great wisdom and yet it cannot fathom the glorious fact of salvation through faith in the shed blood and finished work of the Lord Jesus Christ upon the cross.

To the christian, these things are so wonderful. The cross is so wonderful to us, it the place where our sin was washed away, where all our guilt was ended and we were made right with our Father, we were bought with the ultimate sacrifice.. the shed blood of the precious lamb of God.

So how does God reach out to us, through the foolishness of preaching . The story of Salvation is to us, the most amazing story ever told, but to the Jews.. it is a scandal and to the gentiles it is totally absurb nosense. But as Paul told Timothy in 2 Timothy 4:2, we have to preach the gospel, in and out of season, we have to preach it, whether it is popular or not. If our gospel, wins popularity, then my friends, we are not preaching the true gospel. The gospel, wasn't meant to be popular, it was meant to transform lives by it's power.. amen

How often do you hear people say.. you can have faith but it should be kept personal and is just a private matter.

The gospel is to be shared, it is to be shown daily in our lives.. it is to be borne out in love

The Amplified Bible says that we clung to and relied on Him.. that is such an awesome picture.. we should at all times.. like the hymn writer said:

cling to the old rugged cross

The cross for the believer is not just something to rejoice in, it is something to be remembered and run to, because there we can have all sin washed away, but it is also something to be revealed to the world.

Let us not only run to the cross in repentance, but lead others to it's life changing power, so that people can experience true freedom.

What a glorious place the cross is

Have you been to the Old rugged Cross, so that your sin, can be washed away?

At the cross, my sin was washed away

Hallelujah

God Bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

2 Chronicles 34

15 Hilkiah told Shaphan the scribe, I have found the Book of the Law in the Lord's house. And [he] gave the book to Shaphan.
16 Shaphan took the book to King Josiah, but [first] reported to him, All that was committed to your servants they are doing.
When reading these verses, the Lord laid this thought upon my heart and it centres on what Shaphan said to King Josiah in verse 16.
Our lives are like the book that was found. What if the book of our life was found. What would it say?
Would it say Keith has done all that was committed to Him?
Would it say that you have led a life of obedience to God?
What would it say about my/your dealings with people?
Our lives are an open book.. when people read our lives, what do they see, do they see a life submitted to Christ and anointed with the power of the Holy Spirit.
Do they see a life that is victorious and different or are we the same as the world in our attitudes and approach to life and people?
These are questions I/we need to ask ourselves.
We are different to anything else on this planet, we testify to the power and glory of God. Let us always make sure we do that.
Looking unto our Saviour and showing forth his marvellous light to a needy world.
God Bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"They shall go hindmost with their standards." – Numbers 2:31
The camp of Dan brought up the rear when the armies of Israel were on the march. The Danites occupied the hindmost place, but what mattered the position, since they were as truly part of the host as were the foremost tribes; they followed the same fiery cloudy pillar, they ate of the same manna, drank of the same spiritual rock, and journeyed to the same inheritance. Come, my heart, cheer up, though last and least; it is thy privilege to be in the army, and to fare as they fare who lead the van. Some one must be hindmost in honour and esteem, some one must do menial work for Jesus, and why should not I? In a poor village, among an ignorant peasantry; or in a back street, among degraded sinners, I will work on, and "go hindmost with my standard."

The Danites occupied a very useful place. Stragglers have to be picked up upon the march, and lost property has to be gathered from the field. Fiery spirits may dash forward over untrodden paths to learn fresh truth, and win more souls to Jesus; but some of a more conservative spirit may be well engaged in reminding the church of her ancient faith, and restoring her fainting sons. Every position has its duties, and the slowly moving children of God will find their peculiar state one in which they may be eminently a blessing to the whole host.
The rear guard is a place of danger. There are foes behind us as well as before us. Attacks may come from any quarter. We read that Amalek fell upon Israel, and slew some of the hindmost of them. The experienced Christian will find much work for his weapons in aiding those poor doubting, desponding, wavering, souls, who are hindmost in faith, knowledge, and joy. These must not be left unaided, and therefore be it the business of well-taught saints to bear their standards among the hindmost. My soul, do thou tenderly watch to help the hindmost this day.
PM
"He that hath clean hands, and a pure heart; who hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity, nor sworn deceitfully." – Psalm 24:4
Outward practical holiness is a very precious mark of grace. It is to be feared that many professors have perverted the doctrine of justification by faith in such a way as to treat good works with contempt; if so, they will receive everlasting contempt at the last great day. If our hands are not clean, let us wash them in Jesus’ precious blood, and so let us lift up pure hands unto God. But "clean hands" will not suffice, unless they are connected with "a pure heart." True religion is heart-work. We may wash the outside of the cup and the platter as long as we please, but if the inward parts be filthy, we are filthy altogether in the sight of God, for our hearts are more truly ourselves than our hands are; the very life of our being lies in the inner nature, and hence the imperative need of purity within. The pure in heart shall see God, all others are but blind bats.
The man who is born for heaven "hath not lifted up his soul unto vanity." All men have their joys, by which their souls are lifted up; the worldling lifts up his soul in carnal delights, which are mere empty vanities; but the saint loves more substantial things; like Jehoshaphat, he is lifted up in the ways of the Lord. He who is content with husks, will be reckoned with the swine. Does the world satisfy thee? Then thou hast thy reward and portion in this life; make much of it, for thou shalt know no other joy.
"Nor sworn deceitfully." The saints are men of honour still. The Christian man’s word is his only oath; but that is as good as twenty oaths of other men. False speaking will shut any man out of heaven, for a liar shall not enter into God’s house, whatever may be his professions or doings. Reader, does the text before us condemn thee, or dost thou hope to ascend into the hill of the Lord?
Featured Page Link

Please read the awesome story of Salvation. Please pass on this page to all your contacts

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... tion-Focus

Featured website

Please view the website of my friends.. Richard and Esther Scholes, who are serving the Lord in Morecambe. Please suport this work in prayer. They are such an awesome couple.

http://homechurch.giving.officelive.com/default.aspx
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word