To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:26 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is with great joy that I greet you from Morecambe, Lancashire in the UK.

What a joy it is, to share with you again, and to give you, what the Lord, has shared with me through His Holy Spirit, as he has opened up the word of God to me. I would encourage you to read and study the word of God, it is your own personal gold mine.

Please share these messages with all your friends and contacts and also click on the featured page link at the bottom of this message as this page includes two of the best messages, I have ever read.

Thanks

God bless you

Keith

Love overcomes evil

These thoughts the Lord has laid on my heart and I sincerely hope that they encourage you to grow in your walk of faith with the Father.

The Lord wants us to look at some verses regarding how we react to the evil in the world and the evil that is sometimes done to us. How do we react to it?

There are three key verses in Chapter 12 of Romans that we are going to use as our texts.

The First one is :

9 Let love be without dissimulation. Abhor that which is evil; cleave to that which is good.

The Love talked about here is the agape Love of the Father. This should characterise the Christian. This means that we will love without hypocrisy and not from behind a mask. A great verse about this is 1 Timothy 1:5

5 Now the end of the commandment is charity out of a pure heart, and of a good conscience, and of faith unfeigned

Because we are walking in that agape Love, we run away from evil. To abhor something means to treat it with disgust. Let me ask you a question? Do you think gossip or backbiting is evil?. When this happens in your church, do you run towards it and join in.. or do you seek to get as far away as you can from it? Do you abhor sin in all it's forms. True and pure agape Love does. C/f Ephesians 5:12

Agape Love cleaves to things that are pure and good. In Philippians 4, Paul gives us a list of all those things we must cling to, we must hold onto these things with all our might.

8 Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honest, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things.

Let us not just hate the evil in the world, there is much of that, but let us draw near unto our Father. Let us concentrate on the good things of God, let us draw near to Him and worship Him.

The second Verse in Romans 12, is verse 17:

17 Recompense to no man evil for evil. Provide things honest in the sight of all men.

These last 5 verses of this chapter are truly awesome. Paul here is saying to the believer in verse 17. Do not give back to the person who is doing you wrong, what he/she has given to you. We wear our What would Jesus do badges, well here is what Jesus would do.

He showed that true Agape love to people, not least on the cross. The greatest example of Agape Love ever .

If we render evil for evil, we are playing the Devil's game and using the world's method of revenge and not trusting our heavenly Father to deal with the situation.

Do we really think our All- seeing Father misses anything?. Do we doubt his power to deal with any situation? If we deal with a situation by ourselves, we are saying that God is not big enough or doesn't care enough for us, that is disobedience brethren and outright rebellion.

The last verse in this Chapter is:

21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

How many times has a really bad situation been transformed by the calm spirit filled agape love reaction of a believer? As the believer acts in love, evil can be overcome and love and peace can and will prevail.

We sometimes underestimate the power of true agape love in a situation.

On numerous testimonies you hear this, ' I really hurt this believer and pushed him/her to his limits, I was really awful to him/her.. but they just loved me'. I wonder if this has been your experience, I know it was mine and brought me to Faith in Christ.

Let me share my testimony.

At age 15 and completely out of control, I was put in a new class at school.. in the class was a christian who showed me Jesus, by his daily life.. not reacting, when I was horrible to him.. and Boy was I horrible ( the person.. who is still a dear friend, and is reading this right now and mate, I just wish to thank you from the bottom of my heart).

He didn't just tell me about Jesus through words, he showed me Jesus by his daily walk. People are watching you all the time, how you react, what you say and especially how you say things.

You see true agape love breaks down the greatest barriers, because people have no answer to it.. it is supernatural.. it comes direct from the Father. The world cannot handle it, because it is the opposite of everything the world represents.

Think of Paul.. he was battle hardened to the things of the Lord, but Stephen's testimony, touched Paul. We need to realise that every little act of love has an effect on people, however far away they seem from God. The Holy Spirit.. will use your agape acts of Love.. so be not weary in well doing.. and leave the rest up to God

Paul is really saying here, 'Turn every bad situation into your advantage and the dynamic tool we use is the pure agape love of the Father. It is shed abroad in our hearts. It is up to us to develop that Love by spending lots of time in his presence.

We talk of some people being 'lovegods', but we know the 'God Of Love!. Let us pour the agape love of God into every situation.

Please read

Ephesians 4:29-32
Matthew 5 :39-48
Acts 7:54-60
Romans Chapter 12
2 Cor 13:7
1 Peter3:9
Revelation 2:2
Amen

God Bless you

Keith

Featured Page link

On this page are two of the best articles addressed to Christian Men. I would encourage all christian men to take time to read these wonderful articles and to share them with others. Ladies, these are also well worth a read

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word