To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Jul 06, 2010 11:41 am

Welcome to Simply Scripture

It is so wonderful to share with you once again. Please get yourself comfortable with a cup of tea/coffee and a cake and grab your bible.

Please share this message with all your friends and click on the featured page link at the bottom of this mail

Thanks

Keith

Dear Friends

The Lord has laid this message on my heart , and I felt a strong urge in my spirit, that I was to share this with you. The Lord obviously wants people to hear this and so I share this and ask for the Holy Spirit's anointing as it goes out.

The Lord has put three things on my heart to share with you, concerning the words 'ONE THING'.

What is the one thing you desire? Let us look at three of the greatest believers who ever lived and see what their one wish was.

We will learn from these Great men of God of how to deal with your past, how to live in the present and how to look forward to your future

Paul

Philippians 3

13 I do not consider, brethren, that I have captured and made it my own [yet]; but one thing I do [it is my one aspiration]: forgetting what lies behind and straining forward to what lies ahead,

Paul's greatest desire was to know Christ and him Crucified and to also know the power of the resurrection of Jesus. In His great testimony in this chapter, Paul pours out his heart, about knowing Christ in a way that is so deep and powerful.

To achieve this Goal, he has to do one thing and that is to forget all that has gone before, all the past failures, everything that had happened in the past had to go.

We also need to have the mindset of letting all our past go , because only then can we go forward.

The Lord says to his church, how can you walk forward in victory, when you are looking back, have you ever tried to walk forward whilst looking behind you?

Remember the words of Jesus.. no man who has put his hand to the plough and then looks back is worthy of the kingdom of God. Luke 9:57-62

The Lord says we have too many pillars of salt in the church, people who are like Lot's wife, those who have trusted Christ and then looked back. The look back of Lot's wife, was one of deep longing and yearning. Are you looking back over your shoulder yearning for your past life?

David

Psalm 27

4 One thing have I asked of the Lord, that will I seek, inquire for, and [insistently] require: that I may dwell in the house of the Lord [in His presence] all the days of my life, to behold and gaze upon the beauty [the sweet attractiveness and the delightful loveliness] of the Lord and to meditate, consider, and inquire in His temple.

David was the greatest king of Israel, he was the man who had a true heart and he had riches, glory and honour. But his one and only desire, was to be in the presence of God. God truly desires a people, who will seek him, and rest in his presence. Jeremiah 33:1-3 & Psalm 91:1-2

Like David we are to seek God. Paul was talking about what to do with your past. David says that in our present situation, we are to seek God.

This is the greatest need of the christian today, he/she needs to spend more time in the Father's presence. People ask, how do you become like Jesus?. Well you earnestly seek Him.

To seek in this verse means to search, it means to run after to desire. Is it our only desire to seek after God? It was David's and it must be ours too. I challenge you to seek God.. not just to just read a devotional for five minutes a morning.. but to spend time waiting on Him.. to talk to Him as your best friend.

Another challenge is to cut down on your TV.. for all those who watch soaps/sports etc.. and then worry why their christian lives have no power. It's time to seek the Lord Church

Peter

2 Peter 3

8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

Paul has talked about the past. David has talked about the present. Now Peter is looking forward to the glorious day when Jesus comes again.

In this chapter, he says that mockers and scoffers will come saying that Jesus won't come, but we can be sure of this one thing, because God is a promise keeping God.

You know we need to be constantly scanning the skies with the greatest anticipation in the world, every day is one day closer to the coming of our Lord. I think the coming of Jesus is something to get excited about.. amen

It is nearly time to go home my friends.. time to look into our Saviour's face. Let's get excited about something that is truly worth shouting about.

Are you looking forward to that day, when the clouds will open and all mankind see Jesus. It's coming.. we will go to meet our Saviour in the air and be with HIM forever and forever. I know that I long for that day

This is what the Lord wants his Church to focus on

Forget the past
Seek the Lord
Look for His coming.
Don't look back, Look to Jesus and Look up

Yours in His service

Keith

For further Study

Philippians 3:7-16
Psalm 27
Jeremiah chapter 33
James 4:7-9
2 Chronicles 7:14-16
1 Thess 4:16-18
Matthew 6:33
Hosea 10:12
Amos 5:4-14
1 Chronicles 16:11
Psalm 91
Luke 10:38-42

Featured Page Link

Please read all about the Persecuted Church, there is a special article on here about the Afghan Church. This page changes every week, so please come back as often as you can

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ted-Church
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word