To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon Jun 21, 2010 6:21 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is wonderful to share with you again. Please share these devotions with all your friends and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail.. you will be so blessed

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

1 Corinthians 13 (King James Version)

1 Though I speak with the tongues of men and of angels, and have not charity, I am become as sounding brass, or a tinkling cymbal.

Paul has talked about spiritual gifts in Chapter 12 and he will go on to talk about them more in Chapter 14.

Here though he puts it all into perspective.

SPIRITUAL GIFTS WITHOUT LOVE MEAN NOTHING!

Paul says that our lives can and will be be like a clanging or sounding brass/ tinkling cymbal without love. A tinkling cymbal is hardly loud enough to be heard in the world.. our works will have no effect without love.

Likewise if we have not love, all our works are like sounding brass.. they are all show. We do great things.. but without love they are useless.. amen

So are believers who have not love.

So is a church that does not have love.

Both of these things mentioned in verse 1, were part of pagan worship (cymbals and brass), so Paul is saying that if you as an individual believer, or your church has not true agape love, then you are just like the pagans.

The thing that makes Christians different is their love for not just for one another, but a dying world. It is the special dynamic that makes the church stand out. In Verses 3-7, Paul shows us how loves operates in practical ways.

Are you or your church easily offended?
Are you or your church full of pride?
Are you or your church seeking it's own way?

Then you or your church are not operating in true agape love.

These are not my words, but God's words. We need to examine our love walk in view of this chapter?

Have you ever heard an orchestra, tuning up? You cannot make out a true sound, it is only when the conductor comes onto the platform and takes control, that the orchestra plays in unison. Your life believer and that of your church must be under the Lordship of Christ. Is your life under the Lordship of the divine conductor.. Jesus?

Because my/your love walk is not right, we are too loud or too quiet. We need to repent and get our love walk right with our fellow believers. How can we love the world, when we can't even love other believers? This command to love means everyone, even those we don't fully agree with on every point of doctrine and it means that we have to love believers in other denominations!!!!!.

Goodness me.. just imagine if we all truly loved each other from the heart.. what an example that would be to the world.

And how the world would be changed by seeing believers love each other from the heart. We sing that song.. they will know we are christians by our love. Let us show our love in practical ways to our fellow believers.

God Bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

1 Peter 4

17 For the time is come that judgment must begin at the house of God: and if it first begin at us, what shall the end be of them that obey not the gospel of God?

Always and at all times, every believer must examine Him/Herself in the light of Scripture.

When God is pleased to send revival, he always starts with his church.

Before he can do anything with a country, he must deal with sin in his church.

Judgement and examination must start at the house of God. A country like mine the UK, has drifted away from God, so we in the church must look at ourselves and examine what part we have played in this.

In 2 Chronicles 7:14, God says if my people, he addressed this verse to His people. They have to repent and turn from their wicked ways and then God will heal their land. God doesn't address this to the politicians or business leaders, the responsibility lies with his people to lead the country back. Are we today leading our countries back into the ways of God?.

Or are we constantly saying... the situation gets worse every day. We need to get down on our knees and take responsibility for the situation.

Especially in the western world.. the church will lead the nation.. where a country has lost it's moral focus.. the church certainly will have.. amen. The church is the moral axis for that country.. or it should be.. amen

Why aren't we doing something about it?. Does the situation in our countries drive us to our knees in repentance and intercession?

In Joel 2:13, we are told to rend our hearts and not our garments. How many times are our hearts torn apart by the situation in our own countries?

How often do we outwardly rend our garments? How much of our repentance is superficial?

Judgement will start at the house of God. That is where God always looks first. He wants a bride that is spotless and pure and will not stop till he gets that.

Examine your heart today.. without delay

God Bless you

Keith

Please read the following two devotions below by CH Spurgeon

Morning and evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"Rise up my love, my fair one, and come away." – Song of Solomon 2:10

Lo, I hear the voice of my Beloved! He speaks to me! Fair weather is smiling upon the face of the earth, and he would not have me spiritually asleep while nature is all around me awaking from her winter’s rest. He bids me "Rise up," and well he may, for I have long enough been lying among the pots of worldliness. He is risen, I am risen in him, why then should I cleave unto the dust? From lower loves, desires, pursuits, and aspirations, I would rise towards him. He calls me by the sweet title of "My love," and counts me fair; this is a good argument for my rising. If he has thus exalted me, and thinks me thus comely, how can I linger in the tents of Kedar and find congenial associates among the sons of men? He bids me "Come away." Further and further from everything selfish, grovelling, worldly, sinful, he calls me; yea, from the outwardly religious world which knows him not, and has no sympathy with the mystery of the higher life, he calls me. "Come away" has no harsh sound in it to my ear, for what is there to hold me in this wilderness of vanity and sin? O my Lord, would that I could come away, but I am taken among the thorns, and cannot escape from them as I would. I would, if it were possible, have neither eyes, nor ears, nor heart for sin. Thou callest me to thyself by saying "Come away," and this is a melodious call indeed. To come to thee is to come home from exile, to come to land out of the raging storm, to come to rest after long labour, to come to the goal of my desires and the summit of my wishes. But Lord, how can a stone rise, how can a lump of clay come away from the horrible pit? O raise me, draw me. Thy grace can do it. Send forth thy Holy Spirit to kindle sacred flames of love in my heart, and I will continue to rise until I leave life and time behind me, and indeed come away.

PM

"If any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him." – Revelation 3:20

What is your desire this evening? Is it set upon heavenly things? Do you long to enjoy the high doctrine of eternal love? Do you desire liberty in very close communion with God? Do you aspire to know the heights, and depths, and lengths, and breadths? Then you must draw near to Jesus; you must get a clear sight of him in his preciousness and completeness: you must view him in his work, in his offices, in his person. He who understands Christ, receives an anointing from the Holy One, by which he knows all things. Christ is the great master-key of all the chambers of God: there is no treasure-house of God which will not open and yield up all its wealth to the soul that lives near to Jesus. Are you saying, "O that he would dwell in my bosom?" "Would that he would make my heart his dwelling-place for ever?" Open the door, beloved, and he will come into your souls. He has long been knocking, and all with this object, that he may sup with you, and you with him. He sups with you because you find the house or the heart, and you with him because he brings the provision. He could not sup with you if it were not in your heart, you finding the house; nor could you sup with him, for you have a bare cupboard, if he did not bring provision with him. Fling wide, then, the portals of your soul. He will come with that love which you long to feel; he will come with that joy into which you cannot work your poor depressed spirit; he will bring the peace which now you have not; he will come with his flagons of wine and sweet apples of love, and cheer you till you have no other sickness but that of "love o’erpowering, love divine." Only open the door to him, drive out his enemies, give him the keys of your heart, and he will dwell there for ever. Oh, wondrous love, that brings such a guest to dwell in such a heart!

Featured page Link

Jesus is alive.. come and read the most amazing story..EVER and please share with all your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word