To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Thought Passage June 11, 2010 A.D.

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

Goldswiper
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Thought Passage June 11, 2010 A.D.

Postby Goldswiper » Fri Jun 11, 2010 8:23 am

2 Kings 4:1-7. “Now there cried a certain woman of the wives of the sons of the prophets unto Elisha, saying, thy servant my husband is dead; and thou knowest that thy servant did fear the LORD; and the creditor is come to take unto him my two sons to be bondmen. And Elisha said unto her, What shall I do for thee? Tell me, what hast thou in the house? And she said, Thine handmaid hath not any thing in the house, save a pot of oil. Then he said, Go, borrow thee vessels abroad of all they neighbours, even empty vessels; borrow not a few. And when thou art come in, thou shalt shut the door upon thee and upon thy sons, and shalt pour out into all those vessels, and thou shalt set aside that which is full. So she went from him, and shut the door upon her and upon her sons, who brought the vessels to her; and she poured out. And it came to pass, when the vessels were full. That she said unto her son, Bring me yet a vessel. And he said unto her, There is not a vessel more. And the oil stayed. Then she came and told the man of God. And he said, Go, sell the oil, and pay thy debt, and live thou and thy children of the rest.”

We need to be as empty as possible. She started with one small vessel of oil, acquired as many empty vessels as possible, then God filled them. God provides the Holy Spirit (the oil) we need to supply as much emptiness (humility, selflessness, love, lowliness etc.) as possible. As we surrender ourselves, emptying ourselves in the process, the filling of the Holy Spirit takes place.
Tim (Preacher) Johnson
Ps. 119:165.

Our home business (shop 100+ stores)

Return to Encouragement from the Word