To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Tue Jun 08, 2010 11:46 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great privilege to share with you once again from God's precious word. Please share these devotions with all your friends and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail.. you will be blessed

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

1 Peter 3 (Amplified Bible)

14 But even in case you should suffer for the sake of righteousness, [you are] blessed (happy, to be envied). Do not dread or be afraid of their threats, nor be disturbed [by their opposition].

15 But in your hearts set Christ apart as holy [and acknowledge Him] as Lord. Always be ready to give a logical defense to anyone who asks you to account for the hope that is in you, but do it courteously and respectfully.(B)

16 [And see to it that] your conscience is entirely clear ([e]unimpaired), so that, when you are falsely accused as evildoers, those who threaten you abusively and revile your right behavior in Christ may come to be ashamed [of slandering your good lives].

Persecution is nothing new to the christian church. It was evident from the very first years of the church. see Acts Ch's 3-8

So how are we supposed to react when we come under persecution, as we surely will in some form or another.

In 2 Timothy 3 Paul says this:

12 Indeed all who delight in piety and are determined to live a devoted and godly life in Christ Jesus will meet with persecution [will be made to suffer because of their religious stand].

These verses in 1 Peter give us principles that we can use when we come under persecution.

In verses 15-16, we see these principles

Verse 15 We must be under the Lordship of Christ. He will look after us. In verse 12, the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous and he hears their cries. What an assurance that should be to us. Also it says that if we confess Our Lord before men, he will confess it before His Father in heaven. Luke 12:8

The most important thing is that we are completely under the Lordship of Christ, that we trust Him fully, because whatever happens, God is in control.

When we are asked to give a defence for our faith, we must be ready. That means, we must know the scriptures. We must be full of the word, look at Jesus when he was in front of Pilate and the Council of Israel in Luke 22, he quoted Scripture and spoke boldly. Look at the example of Paul in Acts 26 and Stephen In Acts 7. All of them know the bible inside out, they were ready to give an answer for their faith. Read these wonderful accounts.

We are to be respectful in our answers, this means we must be bold, but not to shout and scream. Look at the response of Peter and John in Acts Ch's 3-5. In verse 9 of this chapter, we are told about how to address these people, in a way that reflects your Saviour, as we are his mouthpiece.

The result of this, will be that you are blameless in your conscience and in the sight of God. Look at the example of Stephen, he spoke boldly, but he died with a clear conscience, but the people he addressed, were ashamed of what they had done to Him Vs 16 C/f Acts ch 7.

Maybe you are not suffering severe persecution, like the first apostles did. But you have to be ready to give an answer, to your accusers, so that they would be ashamed of their accusations.

The Lord said to me, that we can have joy, because of our situation. You may be going through persecution at the present time, but you can have joy, because of your persecution. Paul and Silas were in chains and in prison in Acts 16, but they still rejoiced.. and look what happened.. God acted.. has he changed?

Make Jesus Lord and Be ready to give an answer, have your life and mind filled with the word of God.

Jesus has overcome the world and so can you John 16:33, 1 John 4:4, Romans 12:21 and John 17:11

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

2 Samuel 12

9 Why have you despised the commandment of the Lord, doing evil in His sight? You have slain Uriah the Hittite with the sword and have taken his wife to be your wife. You have murdered him with the sword of the Ammonites.(A)

14 Nevertheless, because by this deed you have utterly scorned the Lord and given great occasion to the enemies of the Lord to blaspheme, the child that is born to you shall surely die.

As I was reading the account of David in this chapter, the Lord asked me these 2 questions.

Verse 9 Do I despise God's commandments?

God gives us commands that are not options. Like in Matthew 28:19-20, Ephesians 5:18 and Philippians 4:4.

So why Do I/you find it so easy to disregard them?

When we do, we cause hurt to the heart of the Father. God does not see things as shades of grey.. he sees obedience or disobedience.

Like Joshua said, you can not falter between two opinions. You cannot sit on the fence as a christian.. it is obedience to the commands of God or nothing.

The command to love one another, we cannot say well I will love this person and not another, to do this is to be disobedient to the command of God. You cannot pick and choose which commands of God, you want to obey.. we have no choice but to obey.. amen

He then asked me this question

Verse 14

This really spoke to me. Have I done anything to give the enemies of the Lord, a reason to blaspheme?

My/your life is probably the only thing people will see of Jesus, you are his representative here on earth.

Do you reflect him 24/7 or do you give a bad impression of your Saviour?

Have you sin in your life that gives unbelievers a wrong impression of Jesus. Let me ask you this, do you use bad language?
If you do then, this is not good, I use this as an example. James says blessing and cursing .. these things ought not to be so James 3:7-10 and Ephesians 4:29-32 (Paul)

You are being watched believer. Is my/your life a true reflection of Jesus?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

Even thou wast as one of them." – Obadiah 1:11
Brotherly kindness was due from Edom to Israel in the time of need, but instead thereof, the men of Esau made common cause with Israel’s foes. Special stress in the sentence before us is laid upon the word thou; as when Caesar cried to Brutus, "and thou Brutus"; a bad action may be all the worse, because of the person who has committed it. When we sin, who are the chosen favourites of heaven, we sin with an emphasis; ours is a crying offence, because we are so peculiarly indulged. If an angel should lay his hand upon us when we are doing evil, he need not use any other rebuke than the question, "What thou? What dost thou here?" Much forgiven, much delivered, much instructed, much enriched, much blessed, shall we dare to put forth our hand unto evil? God forbid!
A few minutes of confession may be beneficial to thee, gentle reader, this morning. Hast thou never been as the wicked? At an evening party certain men laughed at uncleanness, and the joke was not altogether offensive to thine ear, even thou wast as one of them. When hard things were spoken concerning the ways of God, thou wast bashfully silent; and so, to on-lookers, thou wast as one of them. When worldlings were bartering in the market, and driving hard bargains, wast thou not as one of them? When they were pursuing vanity with a hunter’s foot, wert thou not as greedy for gain as they were? Could any difference be discerned between thee and them? Is there any difference? Here we come to close quarters. Be honest with thine own soul, and make sure that thou art a new creature in Christ Jesus; but when this is sure, walk jealously, lest any should again be able to say, "Even thou wast as one of them." Thou wouldst not desire to share their eternal doom, why then be like them here? Come not thou into their secret, lest thou come into their ruin. Side with the afflicted people of God, and not with the world.
PM
If any man sin, we have an advocate with the Father, Jesus Christ the righteous." – I John 2:1
"If any man sin, we have an advocate." Yes, though we sin, we have him still. John does not say, "If any man sin he has forfeited his advocate," but "we have an advocate," sinners though we are. All the sin that a believer ever did, or can be allowed to commit, cannot destroy his interest in the Lord Jesus Christ, as his advocate. The name here given to our Lord is suggestive. "Jesus." Ah! then he is an advocate such as we need, for Jesus is the name of one whose business and delight it is to save. "They shall call his name Jesus, for he shall save his people from their sins." His sweetest name implies his success. Next, it is "Jesus Christ"-Christos, the anointed. This shows his authority to plead. The Christ has a right to plead, for he is the Father’s own appointed advocate and elected priest. If he were of our choosing he might fail, but if God hath laid help upon one that is mighty, we may safely lay our trouble where God has laid his help. He is Christ, and therefore authorized; he is Christ, and therefore qualified, for the anointing has fully fitted him for his work. He can plead so as to move the heart of God and prevail. What words of tenderness, what sentences of persuasion will the anointed use when he stands up to plead for me! One more letter of his name remains, "Jesus Christ the righteous." This is not only his character BUT his plea. It is his character, and if the Righteous One be my advocate, then my cause is good, or he would not have espoused it. It is his plea, for he meets the charge of unrighteousness against me by the plea that he is righteous. He declares himself my substitute and puts his obedience to my account. My soul, thou hast a friend well fitted to be thine advocate, he cannot but succeed; leave thyself entirely in his hands.

Featured page link
I hope you all will read this wonderful page and share it with all your friends.. click link below
http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... s-is-Alive
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word