To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:04 pm

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a joy it is to share with you again. I hope you are truly blessed by what God has given me to share from his Holy Word. The word of God is so precious and I hope you will forward these messages to all your friends and church contacts.
Please also click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail

Thanks

God bless

Keith

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Isaiah 45

18 For thus saith the LORD that created the heavens; God himself that formed the earth and made it; he hath established it, he created it not in vain, he formed it to be inhabited: I am the LORD; and there is none else.

19 I have not spoken in secret, in a dark place of the earth: I said not unto the seed of Jacob, Seek ye me in vain: I the LORD speak righteousness, I declare things that are right.

20 Assemble yourselves and come; draw near together, ye that are escaped of the nations: they have no knowledge that set up the wood of their graven image, and pray unto a god that cannot save.

21 Tell ye, and bring them near; yea, let them take counsel together: who hath declared this from ancient time? who hath told it from that time? have not I the LORD? and there is no God else beside me; a just God and a Saviour; there is none beside me.

22 Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else.

23 I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear.

24 Surely, shall one say, in the LORD have I righteousness and strength: even to him shall men come; and all that are incensed against him shall be ashamed.

25 In the LORD shall all the seed of Israel be justified, and shall glory.

This was my bible reading yesterday and the words said by Our Father are just completely awesome

It made me think of this.. what is our view of God?

We need to have a correct view of God. There is only one true God Vs 18,21 &22. God is jealous believer of your love, he will not tolerate other god's in your life. vs 20 He loves you with an everlasting love

Let us look at a couple of things from this passage, but I hope you will search the scriptures for yourself and find nuggets of Gold

Verse 18 Recently there has been this big experiment to recreate the big bang, here God puts that theory in it's place. He created this world. He even tells you why He created it.

There surely is no other God...amen

Verse 19 The Lord speaks righteousness. every word that God says is true and pure.

Everything in this beautiful book the Bible is true and pure and beautiful. In our hands is a jewel. Do we treat it as a jewel? Is this jewel just lying on your shelf unopened?

Verse 25 Is your glory in the Lord? Or do you glory or seek the praise of men?
mine and bring out nuggets of gold that will transform your life.

God bless you as you search the scriptures

Keith

Devotion 2

Revelation 21

23 And the city had no need of the sun, neither of the moon, to shine in it: for the glory of God did lighten it, and the Lamb is the light thereof.

I was walking along the seafront yesterday and looked up at the sun, which was shining so brightly and the Lord brought this verse to mind.

So often we are dazzled by the sun. But my question is, are we dazzled by the SON?

It is going to be amazing in heaven, the light of heaven is the Father and the Son. How bright the glory of God is.

Paul in Acts 9 and John in Revelation 1 were dazzled by the Glory of the Lord.

I just wonder if we are? Both of them fell at the feet of Jesus, this has to be our reaction to meeting our Father God and coming into his presence.

In Revelation 3, the Ephesian Church had lost their first love, that love that had once glowed so bright. Have I/you lost that sense of awe about the person of God? Have I/you lost a sense of the Glory of God?

May we all never lose our awe and wonder.

I love this song below

To sit in your presence
To rest at your feet
To treasure each moment
That makes me complete
This is my desire O LORD

Is this your desire?

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"Remember the poor." – Galatians 2:10
Why does God allow so many of his children to be poor? He could make them all rich if he pleased; he could lay bags of gold at their doors; he could send them a large annual income; or he could scatter round their houses abundance of provisions, as once he made the quails lie in heaps round the camp of Israel, and rained bread out of heaven to feed them. There is no necessity that they should be poor, except that he sees it to be best. "The cattle upon a thousand hills are his"-he could supply them; he could make the richest, the greatest, and the mightiest bring all their power and riches to the feet of his children, for the hearts of all men are in his control. But he does not choose to do so; he allows them to suffer want, he allows them to pine in penury and obscurity. Why is this? There are many reasons: one is, to give us, who are favoured with enough, an opportunity of showing our love to Jesus. We show our love to Christ when we sing of him and when we pray to him; but if there were no sons of need in the world we should lose the sweet privilege of evidencing our love, by ministering in alms-giving to his poorer brethren; he has ordained that thus we should prove that our love standeth not in word only, but in deed and in truth. If we truly love Christ, we shall care for those who are loved by him. Those who are dear to him will be dear to us. Let us then look upon it not as a duty but as a privilege to relieve the poor of the Lord’s flock-remembering the words of the Lord Jesus, "Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me." Surely this assurance is sweet enough, and this motive strong enough to lead us to help others with a willing hand and a loving heart-recollecting that all we do for his people is graciously accepted by Christ as done to himself.

PM
"Husbands, love your wives, even as Christ also loved the church." – Ephesians 5:25

What a golden example Christ gives to his disciples! Few masters could venture to say, "If you would practise my teaching, imitate my life;" but as the life of Jesus is the exact transcript of perfect virtue, he can point to himself as the paragon of holiness, as well as the teacher of it. The Christian should take nothing short of Christ for his model. Under no circumstances ought we to be content unless we reflect the grace which was in him. As a husband, the Christian is to look upon the portrait of Christ Jesus, and he is to paint according to that copy. The true Christian is to be such a husband as Christ was to his church. The love of a husband is special. The Lord Jesus cherishes for the church a peculiar affection, which is set upon her above the rest of mankind: "I pray for them, I pray not for the world." The elect church is the favourite of heaven, the treasure of Christ, the crown of his head, the bracelet of his arm, the breastplate of his heart, the very centre and core of his love. A husband should love his wife with a constant love, for thus Jesus loves his church. He does not vary in his affection. He may change in his display of affection, but the affection itself is still the same. A husband should love his wife with an enduring love, for nothing "shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord." A true husband loves his wife with a hearty love, fervent and intense. It is not mere lip-service. Ah! beloved, what more could Christ have done in proof of his love than he has done? Jesus has a delighted love towards his spouse: He prizes her affection, and delights in her with sweet complacence. Believer, you wonder at Jesus’ love; you admire it-are you imitating it? In your domestic relationships is the rule and measure of your love-"even as Christ loved the church?"

Featured Page link

Please click on the featured link below.. share it with your friends.. it tells the greatest story ever

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... tion-Focus
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word