To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Simply Scripture

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Simply Scripture

Postby totallylovedbygod » Mon May 31, 2010 3:21 pm

Welcome to Simply Scripture

I do hope you are blessed by what God has laid on my heart. As it is Simply Scripture.. I want you to stop right there and go and get your bible and also make yourself comfortable with a coffee and a cake.. just the one as well!!!.

Ok.. got them.. then let's continue

Please share this message with all your friends and contacts and please click on the featured page link at the bottom of the message

God bless you

Your friend

Keith

Bearing/Sharing Burdens

We are going to look at this important subject to the body of Christ.

Let me say that Jesus has borne every burden we ever had, the most important one being of sin. He dealt with this in his death and Resurrection. So we have the privilege of bearing our brethren's burdens and helping them to carry them.

The Call to Bear/share

Galatians 6

2Bear (endure, carry) one another's burdens and [a]troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete [b]what is lacking [in your obedience to it].

The apostle Paul puts it plainly here, the command is quite simple. In doing this we are acting in obedience, we are doing what God wants us to do and that will surely please our Father, and after all, isn't that our aim.

The Reward

Mark 9

41 For I tell you truly, whoever gives you a cup of water to drink because you belong to and bear the name of Christ will by no means fail to get his reward.

Have you ever thought your little act of kindness has gone unrewarded. No act, however small goes unrewarded by God, he sees everything, and will reward you and that's all you require

The Practise

Matthew 6

1 TAKE CARE not to do your good deeds publicly or before men, in order to be seen by them; otherwise you will have no reward [[a]reserved for and awaiting you] with and from your Father Who is in heaven.
2 Thus, whenever you give to the poor, do not blow a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites in the synagogues and in the streets like to do, that they may be [b]recognized and honored and praised by men. Truly I tell you, they have their reward [c]in full already.
3 But when you give to charity, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing,
4 So that your deeds of charity may be in secret; and your Father Who sees in secret will reward you openly.

God is interested in How you do things, your true heart motive. What motivates you to help people, is it to be recognised or win people applause?

The Penalty of Not sharing/ Bearing Acts 5:1-11

Please read this for yourself, this is not just what happened in the early church. We have the Same God now, he doesn't change, neither do his standards change.

Examples of Sharing

The Early Church Acts 2:44-45
Barnabas Acts 4:32-37
A church meeting a need and being rewarded for it Philippians 4:13-19

It was the practise of the early church and it should be ours

The Purpose

Shows our commitment to each other Romans 15:1-2

Shows our obedience to his direct command Romans 12:13

We are sowing seed 2 Corinthians 9:6-15 and Galatians 6:7-9

God has promised us blessing if we share Malachi 3

Shows our faith in action James 2:13-17

Allows God to reward us, by giving back to us 2 Corinthians 9:6-15

Shows our thankfulness to God 2 Corinthians 9:12

Allows God's servants to operate and the gospel to go forth 2 Corinthians 9:12

Glorifies God 1 Peter 2:12

The world is put to silence 1 Peter 2:15

A final question

Do you think you share with your brothers and sisters?

Do you think you bear their burdens?

In the wonderful book of 1 John in chapter 3, we have these words, with which we shall finish

16 By this we come to know (progressively to recognize, to perceive, to understand) the [essential] love: that He laid down His [own] life for us; and we ought to lay [our] lives down for [those who are our] brothers [[l]in Him].
17 But if anyone has this world's goods (resources for sustaining life) and sees his brother and [m]fellow believer in need, yet closes his heart of compassion against him, how can the love of God live and remain in him?
18L little children, let us not love [merely] in theory or in speech but in deed and in truth (in practise and in sincerity).
19 By this we shall come to know (perceive, recognize, and understand) that we are of the Truth, and can reassure (quiet, conciliate, and pacify) our hearts in His presence,

LET ME ASK YOU THESE QUESTIONS

Would you lay down your life for any of your brothers or sisters in Christ?

Have you had another believer come to you with a need and you have had the resources to help and you said ' I will pray for you'. That is sin and displeases God

Do all your actions show God's love?

Is your heart at peace because you know you have acted in love towards people?

And finally

Have you closed your heart and turned a blind eye to your brother in need, if you have how can God's love and remember God is love, live inside you?

This is the very essence of being a believer, remember what James said about pure religion.. it is not not worship or prayer... but
James 1:27
27External [a]religious worship [[b]religion as it is expressed in outward acts] that is pure and unblemished in the sight of God the Father is this: to visit and help and care for the orphans and widows in their affliction and need, and to keep oneself unspotted and uncontaminated from the world.

How many orphans and widows have you helped?

Searching questions.. what is your answer?

God Bless you

Keith

My Favourite Group are Mercy me.. they sing a song called The Generous Mr Lovewell.. about changing the world by the small things you do. Please listen to the words carefully.. are you a MR/MRS/ MISS LOVEWELL

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rm8o6IGr ... re=related

Please click on the link below.. to see the page on the site focusing on China

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... _China-Cry
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word