To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums

This area is only a small portion of FaithWriters. The main site can be joined HERE.
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed May 26, 2010 5:00 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

What a joy it is to share from God's precious and Holy word once again.. to me the Bible is the greatest book ever written.. it is God's written gift to Men and women.. amen. Please share these devotions with your friends.. let us get the Word out into the world.. amen. Please click on the featured page link at the bottom of this e-mail.. thanks

God bless you

Keith

Noonday Devotion By Keith

Devotion 1

Exodus 16 (Amplified Bible)
7 And in the morning you shall see the glory of the Lord, for He hears your murmurings against the Lord. For what are we, that you murmur against us?

A familiar story of the children of Israel receiving the gracious provision of the Lord with manna. How often God blesses us with things that to be honest we don't really deserve.

Today I just want to focus on one particular phrase in verse 7.. 'for he hears your murmurings against the Lord'.

So often we are told that God hears our prayers and that is totally awesome. But also he hears our complaining and murmuring and He is not happy or amused.

Indeed it causes deep distress to his heart. It stops us getting to where we ought to be in our christian lives.

We go round and round the mountain instead of going direct to the promised land of blessing. It took the children of Israel 40 years to go less than 1000miles!!!

The children of Israel are a picture of the church today and also of the individual believer. Is your church a complaining church? Complaining that you don't have this or that.. look at what you have.. you have God on your side.. isn't that enough?

Are you in the promised land or are you still going round the mountain because you have a murmuring and complaining heart attitude towards the Lord?

Note in verse 7 that Moses said that the children of Israel were not complaining against him.. but complaining against the Lord.

We have some nerve to be honest my believing brothers and sisters.. who are we to complain about anything God does to us and for us. Let God be the Lord and let us be humble servants.. amen

Paul says this in Philippians 2

14 Do all things without grumbling and faultfinding and complaining [[l]against God] and [m]questioning and doubting [among yourselves]

My question is do we obey the command in this verse at all times?

How dare we complain about the one who the psalmist says 'daily loads us with benefits' and knows what is best for us.

To tell God that he is wrong.. when He has never ever made a mistake is something that should never come from a Christian's lips or be in his heart.. amen. It is an affront unto God.

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

Ephesians 5

16 Making the very most of the time [buying up each opportunity], because the days are evil. Amplified Bible

16 Redeeming the time, because the days are evil. KJV

To be honest I was going to write on another verse, but the Lord has laid this verse very deep on my heart.

To redeem means to buy back and this made me think of how we can redeem the time.

If we turn off the TV and spend that time seeking God in prayer and studying the Bible.. that is redeeming the time

If we spend our time whilst we are out walking.. praying and praising God and listening to messages or Christian music .. that is redeeming the time

You are using that time for another purpose, and the benefits of that will be seen in your christian life as you grow closer to Jesus. As the Amplified version says.. you are buying up each opportunity.. do you spend time in traffic jams?

Use that time to listen to christian music tapes and sermons .. edify your mind at all times and at every opportunity

When we are redeemed by God, we have our use changed from something that is unworthy and unholy to something that is worthy and holy.. because of what Jesus has done for us on the cross.

So it is when we redeem the time.. it's use is changed from doing things that please ourselves to things that please God.

I am not saying in all this, that we should not watch TV or go to sports events or whatever.

But every second is precious. I wonder how many hours Christians spend watching soap opera's every week. If that was cut back by 10%, and then that time spent instead in prayer and bible study. How much stronger would the church corporately and on an individual basis be?

Or how much time christians in the USA spend watching Oprah, Dr Phil or other must watch TV. I think the church in America needs to wake up.. as does the church in the UK etc etc.

It is time to get back down on our knees and repent.. do I hear an amen?

It is time to do what Job says in the second devotion by Spurgeon.. to be in close fellowship with the Father

Time is something we will never have again.. let us use every second to bring glory to God.

The things that you fill your mind with, will in the end define your christian walk. If you spend many hours in front of the TV, your life will be moulded by the world. If it is spent studying the word of God, it will be moulded by the word.

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening By CH Spurgeon

AM

"I pray not that thou shouldst take them out of the world." – John 17:15

It is a sweet and blessed event which will occur to all believers in God’s own time-the going home to be with Jesus. In a few more years the Lord’s soldiers, who are now fighting "the good fight of faith" will have done with conflict, and have entered into the joy of their Lord. But although Christ prays that his people may eventually be with him where he is, he does not ask that they may be taken at once away from this world to heaven. He wishes them to stay here. Yet how frequently does the wearied pilgrim put up the prayer, "O that I had wings like a dove! for then would I fly away and be at rest;" but Christ does not pray like that, he leaves us in his Father’s hands, until, like shocks of corn fully ripe, we shall each be gathered into our Master’s garner. Jesus does not plead for our instant removal by death, for to abide in the flesh is needful for others if not profitable for ourselves. He asks that we may be kept from evil, but he never asks for us to be admitted to the inheritance in glory till we are of full age. Christians often want to die when they have any trouble. Ask them why, and they tell you, "Because we would be with the Lord." We fear it is not so much because they are longing to be with the Lord, as because they desire to get rid of their troubles; else they would feel the same wish to die at other times when not under the pressure of trial. They want to go home, not so much for the Saviour’s company, as to be at rest. Now it is quite right to desire to depart if we can do it in the same spirit that Paul did, because to be with Christ is far better, but the wish to escape from trouble is a selfish one. Rather let your care and wish be to glorify God by your life here as long as he pleases, even though it be in the midst of toil, and conflict, and suffering, and leave him to say when "it is enough."

PM

"Acquaint now thyself with him." – Job 22:21

If we would rightly "acquaint ourselves with God, and be at peace," we must know him as he has revealed himself, not only in the unity of his essence and subsistence, but also in the plurality of his persons. God said, "Let us make man in our own image"-let not man be content until he knows something of the "us" from whom his being was derived. Endeavour to know the Father; bury your head in his bosom in deep repentance, and confess that you are not worthy to be called his son; receive the kiss of his love; let the ring which is the token of his eternal faithfulness be on your finger; sit at his table and let your heart make merry in his grace. Then press forward and seek to know much of the Son of God who is the brightness of his Father’s glory, and yet in unspeakable condescension of grace became man for our sakes; know him in the singular complexity of his nature: eternal God, and yet suffering, finite man; follow him as he walks the waters with the tread of deity, and as he sits upon the well in the weariness of humanity. Be not satisfied unless you know much of Jesus Christ as your Friend, your Brother, your Husband, your all. Forget not the Holy Spirit; endeavour to obtain a clear view of his nature and character, his attributes, and his works. Beholdfirst of all moved upon chaos, and brought forth order; who now visits the chaos of your soul, and creates the order of holiness. Behold him as the Lord and giver of spiritual life, the Illuminator, the Instructor, the Comforter, and the Sanctifier. Behold him as, like holy unction, he descends upon the head of Jesus, and then afterwards rests upon you who are as the skirts of his garments. Such an intelligent, scriptural, and experimental belief in the Trinity in Unity is yours if you truly know God; and such knowledge brings peace indeed.

Please view the featured page, which is the Guest Page. Every week, you will find the very best christian messages, poems etc on here. Please come back as this page is changed every week and also tell your friends

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... Guest-Page
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word