To view this notification widget you need to have JavaScript enabled. This notification widget was easily created with NotifySnack.
Home Tour About Read What's New Help Forums Join Login
My Account
Shop
Save
Support
E
Book
Store
Learn
About
Jesus

The HOME for Christian writers!
The Home for Christian Writers!

Forums
Shop & Save to SUPPORT FaithWriters.
Upgrade to SUPPORT FaithWriters.

Noonday Devotion

If debating Theology isn't quite your style, but you love God's Word, please use this forum to encourage and be encouraged by sharing scripture, your own devotions and short questions to ponder. This is not a place for debate or argument.

Moderator: beaedwards

totallylovedbygod
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)
Pencil Plus (Over 500 Posts)

Noonday Devotion

Postby totallylovedbygod » Wed May 19, 2010 5:33 am

Welcome to Noonday Devotion

It is a great privilege to be able to share from God's word .May you be truly blessed as you read these devotions. Please share them with all your friends and click on the featured page link at the bottom of these devotions

Noonday Devotion by Keith

Devotion 1

Romans 2:19-25

A few months ago, the Lord laid these verses on my heart and he has brought me back to them.

He has some hard questions for us all and the LORD asked me something that I wish to share with you

In verse 24 he says that his name is blasphemed because of the actions of those he is writing to. The Lord asked me and he asks you.

Do men and women, praise God or blaspheme God because of your life?

The greatest worry of the Apostle Paul, was that after he had preached to others, he might become a castaway 1 Cor 9:27. If it worried Him, surely it should worry us. Paul disciplined himself.. do we?

Verses 21-22 are very strong and are addressed to those of us who are privileged to share through preaching , teaching etc. Do our lives back up what we say?

Am I not doing the things I tell others to do?
Am I doing the things I tell others not to do?
Do I walk the Christian life every minute of every day?

We all need to ask ourselves these questions?

The more I write and share what God gives me, the more aware I am of my responsibility before God.

God has given me the most wonderful privilege of sharing the Precious and Holy word of God with you my dear friends all around the world.. I don't know who will be reading this and what needs you will have.. but the Holy Spirit does.. amen.

To all Pastors, teachers and people who share the word of God.. let us be truthful and consistent.. let us not say to people.. you shouldn't do that and then go and do that.... may our prayer be like Paul in

1 Corinthians 9

27But [like a boxer] I buffet my body [handle it roughly, discipline it by hardships] and subdue it, for fear that after proclaiming to others the Gospel and things pertaining to it, I myself should become unfit [not stand the test, be unapproved and rejected as a counterfeit].

May our lives and ministry have the three strands of excellence, integrity and consistency running through them

God bless you

Keith

Devotion 2

1 Samuel 9

27 And as they were going down to the end of the city, Samuel said to Saul, Bid the servant pass on before us, (and he passed on), but stand thou still a while, that I may shew thee the word of God.

Chapters 8-10 are the story of the anointing of King Saul, and the Lord has laid this particular verse upon my heart.

Before Samuel anointed King Saul, he did one thing.

That was to tell Him to stand still so that he could show Him the word of God.

Before God places us into ministry, he will tell us to do this, because you cannot be in ministry, handling God''s word, before you know God's word and it's author intimately.

Moses before he was sent to Pharaoh, was trained on the backside of the desert, the Apostles spent 40 days being trained by Jesus after his Resurrection and Paul spent time training after his conversion.

Note that Samuel says stand still, we have to be still before God, so that he could train us. He also says that it will be for a while, God does take us aside for a time, until he feels that we know His word enough.

God's word is a double edged sword. Let me say this, you do not give a double edged sword to a child and neither does God give ministry of the word to people until they are fully mature in Christ.

Let me use a personal example, the Lord told me in 2003 that I would write devotions and articles, and so I started to write, but it was not until he trained me and through people he used to help me and studying his word, have I come to the level I am at now.. which is not all that high.. as I am still learning all the time

The Lord wants his children to stand still and know His word. Are you prepared to do this?

The Lord says to people wanting to do ministry of teaching and preaching etc, that they have to be like Mary in Luke 10:38-42 and spend much time at His feet and in his word. You need to sit at his feet before you can stand up and preach/teach to others.

Jesus spent 33 years on this earth, he spent the majority of these in a carpenter's shop and only 3 in public ministry. Let us learn from his example. God is the ultimate trainer.. he has the ultimate training tool.. the Word of God.. sit at his feet and let Him open the book of books to you.

God bless you

Keith

Morning and Evening by CH Spurgeon

AM

"The people that do know their God shall be strong." – Daniel 11:32

Every believer understands that to know God is the highest and best form of knowledge; and this spiritual knowledge is a source of strength to the Christian. It strengthens his faith. Believers are constantly spoken of in the Scriptures as being persons who are enlightened and taught of the Lord; they are said to "have an unction from the Holy One," and it is the Spirit’s peculiar office to lead them into all truth, and all this for the increase and the fostering of their faith. Knowledge strengthens love, as well as faith. Knowledge opens the door, and then through that door we see our Saviour. Or, to use another similitude, knowledge paints the portrait of Jesus, and when we see that portrait then we love him, we cannot love a Christ whom we do not know, at least, in some degree. If we know but little of the excellences of Jesus, what he has done for us, and what he is doing now, we cannot love him much; but the more we know him, the more we shall love him. Knowledge also strengthens hope. How can we hope for a thing if we do not know of its existence? Hope may be the telescope, but till we receive instruction, our ignorance stands in the front of the glass, and we can see nothing whatever; knowledge removes the interposing object, and when we look through the bright optic glass we discern the glory to be revealed, and anticipate it with joyous confidence. Knowledge supplies us reasons for patience. How shall we have patience unless we know something of the sympathy of Christ, and understand the good which is to come out of the correction which our heavenly Father sends us? Nor is there one single grace of the Christian which, under God, will not be fostered and brought to perfection by holy knowledge. How important, then, is it that we should grow not only in grace, but in the "knowledge" of our Lord and Saviour Jesus Christ.

PM

"Take up the cross, and follow me." - Mark 10:21

You have not the making of your own cross, although unbelief is a master carpenter at cross-making; neither are you permitted to choose your own cross, although self-will would fain be lord and master; but your cross is prepared and appointed for you by divine love, and you are cheerfully to accept it; you are to take up the cross as your chosen badge and burden, and not to stand cavilling at it. This night Jesus bids you submit your shoulder to his easy yoke. Do not kick at it in petulance, or trample on it in vain-glory, or fall under it in despair, or run away from it in fear, but take it up like a true follower of Jesus. Jesus was a cross-bearer; he leads the way in the path of sorrow. Surely you could not desire a better guide! And if he carried a cross, what nobler burden would you desire? The Via Crucis is the way of safety; fear not to tread its thorny paths.
Beloved, the cross is not made of feathers, or lined with velvet, it is heavy and galling to disobedient shoulders; but it is not an iron cross, though your fears have painted it with iron colours, it is a wooden cross, and a man can carry it, for the Man of sorrows tried the load. Take up your cross, and by the power of the Spirit of God you will soon be so in love with it, that like Moses, you would not exchange the reproach of Christ for all the treasures of Egypt. Remember that Jesus carried it, and it will smell sweetly; remember that it will soon be followed by the crown, and the thought of the coming weight of glory will greatly lighten the present heaviness of trouble. The Lord help you to bow your spirit in submission to the divine will ere you fall asleep this night, that waking with to-morrow’s sun, you may go forth to the day’s cross with the holy and submissive spirit which becomes a follower of the Crucified.

Please view the featured page, which is dedicated to our dear and brothers and sisters, that are suffering persecution at the present time. Please click on the links on this page to make yourself and your church aware of what is going on.

This page is changed every friday, so please come back to it often...

Thanks on behalf of the suffering saints of God

http://www.ourchurch.com/member/f/faith ... ted-Church
Keith Hobkirk

Jesus is Lord

Return to Encouragement from the Word